Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2010, 04:25 PM

31 posts, read 19,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
This cracked me up...I had flashbacks of hanging out with frat guys. "Chicks" "Hot" "MILFs" "He's Gay"...brings me back to college.

That being said...sorry but I don't think Evan is gay. Figure skating, of all sports, is one where it's okay to be gay. America loves Scott Hamilton and no one cares if he or Brian Boitano were gay. It didn't hurt them any and if Even is gay, it wouldn't hurt him either. I don't really care if he is gay or not...I am a big fan because of his interviews after he won the gold medal. He showed class and really made that Russian guy out to be a tantrum-throwing moron without saying anything negative.

BTW, thanks for the info on Erin...I didn't know she was a previous dancer. Regardless, she is going to do fine and with Maks' help, she'll be great.
I've been around the figure skating world my whole life because my sisters were both nationally ranked when I was growing up, and there were a lot of guys who felt like they had to act extra macho off the ice because they did such a feminine activity. Brian Boitano skated at the same rink as my sisters and HE had a beard for years! He's still in the closet (still single, no girlfriend, no wife/ex-wife, no public party life with strippers and other Tiger-esque women), as everyone knew back in the 80s and 90s that would never marry his arm candy. Sometimes they are ashamed of it, and even if they admit it to themselves, maybe they don't want to admit it to their parents. His father is a contractor, that's generally the kind of profession that employs blue-collar types who can sometimes have backwards views on sexuality.

Again, there's nothing wrong with it, but seriously, what straight guy would ever act and speak the way Lysacek does? It has nothing to do with Figure Skating, one of the biggest players with women I've ever known was a figure skating coach.

It'll come down to the Pussycat Doll, Lysacek, Andrews and either Ochocinco or Pam, depending on who takes it more seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 05:02 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,551,038 times
When I first saw Evan I thought he was gay too, then I Googled and saw he had a GF!

He is gorgeous and has the prettiest smile. Don't go ruining my dream!

Old 03-23-2010, 07:31 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,442,276 times
This is the first time I have ever watched the show from beginning to end. Mostly I wanted to see Evan Lysachek. The others were interesting to watch. I have two left feet and wouldn't dare try to dance in front of a tv audience so I have to give them credit for trying.

Evan did not disappoint. So elegant like Fred Astaire. I don't know the names of the real dancers but they are all fantasic. It's just a fun show to watch. Pamela Anderson cracked me up. She's got it and isn't afraid to show it. Buzz Aldrin won't win any prizes but it was great to see him give it a go. I didn't know who Niecy was but I like her because she looked like she was having fun.

The judges were a hoot too. I think this will be a show I will want to watch 'til the end.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:52 AM

2,546 posts, read 6,874,317 times
I missed the beginning. Where is Samantha Harris?

Old 03-24-2010, 08:57 AM

44,627 posts, read 61,603,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn07 View Post
I missed the beginning. Where is Samantha Harris?
She has been replaced as co-host of the show permanently by Brooke Burke.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:25 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times
I just watched it last night (I tivo it). As a dancer myself I have to disagree with a lot of the opinions here. I thought Pam was stiff and not in control of her body. What was that thing on her head? A rat's nest??? Somebody seriously needed to take a comb to that girl's head!!! I too thought she was on something ... weird!!!

Buzz - I know he's old and people tend to have sympathy for the old folks, but he's gotta go! Did anybody notice that Ashley had to keep adjusting Buzz's hand DOWN on her waist? BTW - I'm so glad Ashley's back! I've trained with Ashley and her sisters (Afton, Averie, Autumn, Amber and Aubrea) they are all such sweet girls!

Nicole, of course was stellar and I can see her winning this thing.

Evan has excellent posture, but needs to work on the feet, but otherwise he's got what it takes to give Nicole a run for her money. I think it's ultimately going to be down to these two as the finalists.

The only thing I know about Kate is what I read online or on the headlines at the checkout stand in the grocery store. Her ex seems like the dipsh*t to me. I could see she was incredibly nervous, which will tend to make one look stiff as a board.

For the most part I thought everyone except Nicole were really stiff - but then again ... these people are not professional or competitive ballroom dancers, so I gotta cut them some slack.

I think this is the best cast they've assembled so far. It's anybody's guess as to who goes first. Judging purely on the dancing, Buzz gets my vote as first to be voted off - but he has a terrific attitude!

That's my story ... and I'm going back to bed for a while!

Old 03-25-2010, 09:39 AM

2,212 posts, read 5,152,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I just watched it last night (I tivo it). As a dancer myself I have to disagree with a lot of the opinions here. I thought Pam was stiff and not in control of her body. What was that thing on her head? A rat's nest??? Somebody seriously needed to take a comb to that girl's head!!! I too thought she was on something ... weird!!!

Buzz - I know he's old and people tend to have sympathy for the old folks, but he's gotta go! Did anybody notice that Ashley had to keep adjusting Buzz's hand DOWN on her waist? BTW - I'm so glad Ashley's back! I've trained with Ashley and her sisters (Afton, Averie, Autumn, Amber and Aubrea) they are all such sweet girls!

Nicole, of course was stellar and I can see her winning this thing.

Evan has excellent posture, but needs to work on the feet, but otherwise he's got what it takes to give Nicole a run for her money. I think it's ultimately going to be down to these two as the finalists.

The only thing I know about Kate is what I read online or on the headlines at the checkout stand in the grocery store. Her ex seems like the dipsh*t to me. I could see she was incredibly nervous, which will tend to make one look stiff as a board.

For the most part I thought everyone except Nicole were really stiff - but then again ... these people are not professional or competitive ballroom dancers, so I gotta cut them some slack.

I think this is the best cast they've assembled so far. It's anybody's guess as to who goes first. Judging purely on the dancing, Buzz gets my vote as first to be voted off - but he has a terrific attitude!

That's my story ... and I'm going back to bed for a while!
Glad to see you back Twinkletoes. I always like your posts...especially from a dancer's opinion.

BTW, Kate's ex, Jon IS a moron but the two of them deserved each other. She is a witch and she is mean to her kids. Depending on which magazine you're reading, she's either a great mom or a terrible one. I imagine the truth is somewhere in between.

Buzz IS the worst dancer, no question but as well all know, the first few weeks of DWTS is a popularity contest and I think Buzz, like so many other "older" people who go on this show, will stay around for a few weeks because they are nice. Towards the end, the contestants get weeded out so that the best ones are left but at the beginning, it's not any more of a dance competition than a popularity contest.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:32 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,874,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
She has been replaced as co-host of the show permanently by Brooke Burke.
That sucks.
I don't have anything against Brooke Burke but I did like Samantha Harris co-hosting DWTS.
It won't be the same

Old 03-25-2010, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
Glad to see you back Twinkletoes. I always like your posts...especially from a dancer's opinion.

BTW, Kate's ex, Jon IS a moron but the two of them deserved each other. She is a witch and she is mean to her kids. Depending on which magazine you're reading, she's either a great mom or a terrible one. I imagine the truth is somewhere in between.

Buzz IS the worst dancer, no question but as well all know, the first few weeks of DWTS is a popularity contest and I think Buzz, like so many other "older" people who go on this show, will stay around for a few weeks because they are nice. Towards the end, the contestants get weeded out so that the best ones are left but at the beginning, it's not any more of a dance competition than a popularity contest.
I hear ya! Unfortunately, when you watch these shows on TV you gotta take them with a grain of salt. The show is NOTHING like a real dance competition. It is primarily for entertainment value. I admit - it's hard for me to look at it that way a lot of times, because of what I'm used to.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:29 PM

I briefly scanned through the posts, and saw that some people think Evan is gay. He's not. Before the winter Olympics began it was reported that Nastia Liukin, the Olympic gymnast from the summer games, is Evan's girlfriend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV