Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 01:40 AM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,787,483 times

Advertisements

MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

<psssss....the only thing this season is missing is OCTOMOM !>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 07:21 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,944,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamota View Post
although I have to admit, Kate Gossellin looks really, really GOOOOOOD
eeewwwww!! Did you see the picture of her on People.com yesterday? She looks trampy and like an attention-starved person. Not a stay-at-home mom from Pennsylvania!

ETA: Here's the link to the photo:

http://www.people.com/people/gallery...347743,00.html

Old 03-03-2010, 09:32 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,532,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post

<psssss....the only thing this season is missing is OCTOMOM !>

Only room for one reality "star" at a time....the dance floor is only so big.

Old 03-03-2010, 12:53 PM

540 posts, read 1,329,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
"Meoww..." doesn't even begin to scratch the surface, does it? It's one thing to not be a fan and make an occasional snarky critique, but some of this stuff crosses the line to a very bad place. Comparing someone you don't even know to an incurable sexually transmitted disease is flat out offensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
eeewwwww!! Did you see the picture of her on People.com yesterday? She looks trampy and like an attention-starved person. Not a stay-at-home mom from Pennsylvania!

ETA: Here's the link to the photo:

Star Tracks: Tuesday, March 2, 2010 - 'DANCING' DIVA - Kate Gosselin : People.com
Maybe she is just following your own mantra, displayed in your status bar.... "Live,Love, Laugh"

Can't figure out why some people don't want this women to have a minute of happiness.

Old 03-03-2010, 01:18 PM

109 posts, read 292,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballgal View Post
"Meoww..." doesn't even begin to scratch the surface, does it? It's one thing to not be a fan and make an occasional snarky critique, but some of this stuff crosses the line to a very bad place. Comparing someone you don't even know to an incurable sexually transmitted disease is flat out offensive.

Maybe she is just following your own mantra, displayed in your status bar.... "Live,Love, Laugh"

Can't figure out why some people don't want this women to have a minute of happiness.
Hmmm...maybe because she is a media ***** and puts money and fame in front of the well-being of her children? She'd still be pimping them out to the camera if she could. Poor kids have gone through so much.

That woman is a total narcissist. I'm just thankful she's not my mother.

Old 03-03-2010, 01:36 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,153,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfancier View Post
Now this is the best news I've had all day...no more Samantha!! I didn't know that. What are the details? Was she dropped, or did she get some other gig?

But I would go one step further and say they don't need anyone else -- all they need to do is drop those ridiculous backroom interviews!! I realize they're just to fill time, but they are inane. Samantha's lack of skill or ability to think on her feet just made them worse.
I think Samantha has a gig on some entertainment television show. I thought she was awful too, so I'm not sad to see her go. Tom COULD do the whole thing but they have to have the token "babe" in there wearing a fancy dress and hairdo to do the awkward interviews afterwards. According to this article, they are considering Paula Abdul but I think it's curious that they have Melissa Rycroft in there with Tom announcing the contestants for this season. She also (I don't think coincidentally) had extensions put into her hair so it was long like Samanthas. Perhaps they are just giving her a try out...she was a popular contestant, she's pretty, she's perky, and perhaps she's ready to try her hand at tv. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there someone different who worked with Tom on the first season? I don't think Samantha has done them all.

Samantha Harris Leaving Dancing with the Stars - All Things Dancing with the Stars | TVGuide.com

Old 03-03-2010, 01:42 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
I think Samantha has a gig on some entertainment television show.
Entertainment Tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there someone different who worked with Tom on the first season? I don't think Samantha has done them all.
Correct - Lisa Canning did the first season, then Samantha took it from there.

Old 03-03-2010, 01:51 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,153,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballgal View Post

Oh please. I guess it wouldn't be America if someone wasn't offended by something. Are you really so offended by a snarky comment or are you one of those who likes to pretend offense in order to have something to type?

I didn't say Kate Gosselin was like AIDS or another disease that will KILL you. I said she was like Herpes...occassionally itchy and annoying and keeps coming back after treatment.

My comments and total annoyance of her is based on watching her every single season from the beginning go from overwhelmed mom who was trying to live in extraordinary circumstances, to a mom who will stop at nothing to exploit her children in order to make money. She is the epitome of why reality tv is so stupid...she doesn't do anything but let cameras follow her children around so she can make money. She was dumped by TLC and has been shopping for a gig to continue her extravagant lifestyle ever since. Rumor was she was going to do a show with Paula Deen but Paula got wind of her toxic personality and the fact that America hates Kate and backed out. Kate has tried The View, Entertainment Tonight, and her latest ploy to stay in the tabloids is Dancing with the Stars. She'll be in for a rude awakening when she realizes that it's not just some people who dislike her...it's MOST people.

As for her finding a minute of happiness...she DID have a minute of happiness and now that she's tasted her posh lifestyle, she is hellbent on trying to keep it. Apparently our friend Kate doesn't want just any old job...she needs to have bodyguards, a staff, personal shoppers and assistants. Her kids are in school full time and she needs to go get a normal job, just like parents do every single day. She needs to stop going on the Today show crying about how Jon took the $200K she needed to pay bills. PAY BILLS with $200K? Yep. She's the one who had the kids...she needs to take care of them and stop, for the love of God, parading them in front of the cameras. Since the DWTS announcement is out of the bag now, I'm sure she's preparing her children for their closeups already. It's always about them because they're adorable and can make her and Jon lots of money but it's really about HER wanting to keep her mansion on acreage, her personal shopper, and her $7000 worth of extensions. The faster she's gone the faster her kids can go home to PA.

Old 03-03-2010, 02:58 PM

1,439 posts, read 2,920,337 times
Couldn't agree with you more the3Ds. I'll watch DWTS after she is booted off the show.

Old 03-03-2010, 03:25 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,383,485 times
Quote:
Jake will go next though I like Chelsie and can't wait for the girl Jake chose last night (Vienna) to get a good look at him with a natural blonde who isn't total white trash.
I can actually see Jake totally falling for Chelsie. Chelsie is such a talented dancer. I remember her going back from So You Think You Can Dance. She is beautiful and sexy. Wouldn't that be a twist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV