Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 03:11 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,083,908 times

Advertisements

I agree with the previous poster who said maks and tony should get the cream of the crop next season and yes they definately have paid their dues with erin and kate . I totally agree .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 12:03 AM

540 posts, read 1,329,455 times
I just got to watch the DWTS finals today, and thank the electronic gods for TiVo. Maybe everyone has moved on, but I needed closure.

The final finals......
begin with a reunion dance of all the contestants and pros, except Chad, who is in the audience with some kind of football injury. So they’re all walking around with red feather fans, and even this simple assignment proves problematic for poor uncoordinated Kate.

The finalists will all perform the Argentine Tango, and Nicole and Derek get the usual tongue bath from the drooling judges

A little snippet of Anna after getting 8’s for their Freestyle shows her teary and barely able to speak. She was so disappointed. Aww....

Evan and Anna dance their Argentine Tango and it is gorgeous. I love her outfit. His frame is stunning in this dance, so long and sexy. The one leg on his shoulder spin and the ending picture of them makes me sigh.

Erin and Maks squabble over their Tango like an old married couple, not letting the other finish a sentence. Maks, ‘Suun ava beetch’

She looks beautiful in her Tango. Amazing jump off the stage onto Mak’s shoulder and an elegant back bend. But the dance is very slow and she continues to make weird fish faces

The judges say everyone is awesome and their job is impossible. Uh-huh

I rarely pay attention to Brooke’s clothes, but this sprayed on gold mermaid thing, accented with gold ace bandages, is grotesque, Seriously…why?

So judges score the Tango, Nicole #1, Evan #2, and Erin #3. Way to shake things up.

We get flashbacks of all the contestants, including my favorite sound bite from Nicole, after Carrie Ann gave a little criticism. She’s carrying on backstage, and barfs out, “I’m an Artist. I’m ...not ..like ..other.. people” (Oh wait, that was me barfing) Yes dear, we’ve figured that out by now. Such an endearing, humble chickie.

Then Shannon and Mark, and Aiden and Edyta give it a whirl. Green lasers, beam down Buzz and Tom tells us his flight suit is from the Liberace collection. Gotta love Tom

More flashbacks, including the Kate Travesty, and now the bachelor and his soul-mate will dance, but with other people. If you haven’t watched yet, this is a good time for a potty break. And you can include the next bit if you need an extra couple of minutes, because they rehash the top 5 backstage squabbles, that have been shown a hundred times.Kate and Tony get the #1 spot here with the whole ‘I‘m done, no I quit’ bit. Do hurry back to see Tom chat with that doll-face Apolo.

Erin and Maks are eliminated, and it’s a little sad. Evan actually looked nervous.

So now we are down to 2, and the real Finals, but first the college teams’ final. Perdue v UVU. Cha-cha V Samba. UVU wins. They were both very good

A bunch of on-air personalities, like Larry King, Regis and GMA, tell us that they knew it would come down to Nicole and Evan. Wow……DWTS must have some zippy reporters to get that stuff at lightening speed. The final 2 were just announced, like 5 minutes ago

Oh Boy..Kate and Tony will once again relive the dream that was their Paso, to the tune of Paparazzi and a little sumpin sumpin to ‘I will Survive” It ends with Kate rising from the ashes to the heavens, in a Cherry Picker, where she executes a death dive into the crowd below. Ok, not the last part, but I know there are people out there who got a little excited for a second.

The final 2 tell us what they are dancing and how they prepare for it.

Nicole and Derek will perform their jive, because they got their first 10s with it

Evan and Anna will perform the quick-step because he likes the technical and precise nature of the dance. He is also excited that only the judges will score them, because they have been so very helpful. Poor naive child.

Brooke is going to visit the finalists in their dressing rooms for a few last thoughts. As the mermaid swims her way on dry land to her destination, I have to roll my eyes, at how DWTS has stolen a page from Idol with the dressing rooms scenes, and mermaids don’t look graceful trying to get from point A to B on land. Maybe next season they can ditch the celebaquariam and supply a real one.

Next Pam and Niecy sex it up across the floor with a bunch of guys. And more time filler with comments on the finalists from the peanut gallery.

Tom promises us amid disco lights and smoke machines that the battle of a Supreme Performer and a Supreme Athlete is about to take place…..right after some more filler, which includes this comment from Carrie Ann, ‘I just have to say flat out that you (Nicole) are by far the best dancer we have ever had on the show.’ Now, if I only wanted to know who won, I would shut it off right now, but I’m determined to see it through to the end.

Derek and Nicole do the Jive, and I’m quite sure the judges didn’t bother to look at their feet, which were rarely in synch.
Len obviously has some pre-written commentary. hmmm
‘There are 12 days of Christmas, there are 7 Dwarfs, 4 Beatles. There can only be one winner of DWTS. It should be you' No way that Len would say something like that right before Anna and Evan dance, right? I mean that would be totally classless, unprofessional and obnoxious. The scores…

Judges scream out ‘10’ and ‘we need to change our panties.’ In unison, of course.

Evan and Anna’s pre-dance piece is so sweet. At one point Anna chokes up and says, ‘I don’t think I can ever have a partner like Evan’ She’s so verklempt, she can’t speak another word, so Evan gives her a big hug and jokingly says, ‘cause they broke the mold’

Their quick step is light and fun. Bruno tells him his performance level has enhanced blah, blah blah

Carrie Ann muses that although Nicole and Derek may be winning in the points department, ( wow is that a news flash?) you have won hearts

Len tells Evan that he has been a joy to watch and …. Please don’t beat up this old man for telling Nicole that she is the winner not more than 5 minutes ago, before you even came out to perform your last dance. Ok, he didn’t say that, he just sent him a note. Scores 10 9 9

Tom announces that after 3 months of tongue baths, and constant references to Nicole as the inevitable Queen of the World, she does indeed get the crown, or reasonable facsimile

So there were no surprises, except the thoughtless, unprofessional, moronic comments of 2 judges. That was truly shameful and it makes the audience think this thing may be rigged.

I was excited about this season because I am a fan of Evan, and couldn’t wait to see him on my TV every week. What I didn’t expect, was to fall in love with Anna too. They were a joy to watch.

It was great to come here and enjoy the show with you guys too. You made the experience so interesting and fun

Old 05-27-2010, 02:47 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,793,169 times
Default People magazine poll

70% think Nicole did not deserve to win.........I agree

Did Nicole Scherzinger Deserve to Win Dancing? - PEOPLE TV Watch

Veteran Dancing pro Edyta Sliwinska disagrees.
“Nicole was the best dancer from day one,” Sliwinska says. “She was obviously on a different level than everyone else"

LOL--that pretty much sums up why Nicole should not have been on the show anyway.

Old 05-28-2010, 11:47 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,110,824 times
I agree. the show should be restricted to the Jerry Springers, Krate whoevers, Master P's and the Bzz Aldrins of the world....

It's dancing with the STARS

Doesnt say Dancing with the Celebs that can't dance

Old 05-28-2010, 11:53 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,971,076 times
Another 'thank you' from the peanut gallery, bbgal.
I hope you write professionally, you are so entertaining.
Thanks for bringing up the pre-judging of the judges, too. So unprofessional.

Did anyone hear about Lacy Schwimmer(sp), and why she was not on this season? I sometimes watch 'So you think you can dance' and saw her on that show a long time ago.

Old 05-29-2010, 11:23 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,110,824 times
Dont know WHY Lacy wasnt here....but she did dance in a couple of the speciality numbers...I've been a fan of hers since SYTYCD also.....hopefully next season ....

Old 06-06-2010, 05:14 PM

380 posts, read 691,762 times
This was by far the best season of Dancing w/ the Stars based on celebrity talent. Nicole and Evan were both magical and magnetic dancers. They were so humble precise and passionate, which radiated throughout the country. Chad and Erin were also very good.

Nicole won fairly, as expected, and has set the bar for seasons to come!

Old 06-08-2010, 12:51 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,257,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teejuris View Post
This was by far the best season of Dancing w/ the Stars based on celebrity talent. Nicole and Evan were both magical and magnetic dancers. They were so humble precise and passionate, which radiated throughout the country. Chad and Erin were also very good.

Nicole won fairly, as expected, and has set the bar for seasons to come!
Nicole and Evan share the unconditional drive to succeed and the discipline to put in the work to back that up. He arrived at the Olympics considered an underdog but said he would win the gold metal. And did. She is not willing to settle for anything less than she believes she is capable of. Both are great examples of how to succeed at anything.

I don't agree that she won fairly. Being a Goo Goo Doll she is already a performing dancer, and that gave her an instant edge over everyone else. She should have been disqualified. Evan is a professional performer, and his skills could be used but he was not a dancer and had to unlearn habits. The others stood no chance. Macy was amazing because she came from nowhere to a level of skill nobody expected, and her joy in it it was quite evident.

Most seasons I don't pay much attention to it past the first episode until the non-dancers are gone, but did watch all of it this time. Not becaue the contenders from the start were so good but because enough of the rest showed such amazing determination. I think that is the secret of why this was such a good season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV