Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2010, 10:52 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,375,135 times

Advertisements

It always baffles me that people have such a problem with people disliking people lol

I haven't watched in a loooong time but I'll tune it to watch niecy & shannon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 12:59 PM

4,362 posts, read 6,531,780 times
Kate Gosselin - out in the first elimination and back to the "D" list where she belongs. Why would her attitude surprise anyone?

Old 03-17-2010, 01:16 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,152,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
Kate Gosselin - out in the first elimination and back to the "D" list where she belongs. Why would her attitude surprise anyone?
If she gets voted out in the first 2 episodes, she will be done as a "celebrity". She is hanging on to her so-called celebrity status by her fingernails. This is Kate's last "hurrah" to see if she holds any sway with the American public. If she lasts, she will get a show and continue to torment us. There are some networks who are waiting to see what happens to Kate before giving her a contract. Personally, I think that she can go and do one of those "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here" kind of shows. If she lasts on DWTS, she will get a legitimate contract and that would be a pity for everyone...especially her kids. I just want her to go away. She represents all that is bad with reality-tv and it really bothers me that they are putting her in the same "star" pool as Evan. Even Pam Anderson doesn't bug me as much as Kate because Pam found a niche and worked an angle to cement her status as a Baywatch chick. All Kate did was have babies and get a divorce. Remind me again how that makes her a "star"? I mean, she's going to be sharing a stage with the man who walked on the moon for pete's sake. Letting cameras follow you and your kids around while you go on lavish vacations and get all kinds of freebies (not to mention a big staff to do everything for you) does not a celebrity make.

Old 03-17-2010, 01:55 PM

2,482 posts, read 6,531,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
If she gets voted out in the first 2 episodes, she will be done as a "celebrity". She is hanging on to her so-called celebrity status by her fingernails. This is Kate's last "hurrah" to see if she holds any sway with the American public. If she lasts, she will get a show and continue to torment us. There are some networks who are waiting to see what happens to Kate before giving her a contract. Personally, I think that she can go and do one of those "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here" kind of shows. If she lasts on DWTS, she will get a legitimate contract and that would be a pity for everyone...especially her kids. I just want her to go away. She represents all that is bad with reality-tv and it really bothers me that they are putting her in the same "star" pool as Evan. Even Pam Anderson doesn't bug me as much as Kate because Pam found a niche and worked an angle to cement her status as a Baywatch chick. All Kate did was have babies and get a divorce. Remind me again how that makes her a "star"? I mean, she's going to be sharing a stage with the man who walked on the moon for pete's sake. Letting cameras follow you and your kids around while you go on lavish vacations and get all kinds of freebies (not to mention a big staff to do everything for you) does not a celebrity make.

Sad thing is she has a lot of followers that think she is the BEST mom ever and will keep her in the lime light. I hope that is not the case with DWTS.

Old 03-18-2010, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LQQKOUT View Post
Sad thing is she has a lot of followers that think she is the BEST mom ever and will keep her in the lime light. I hope that is not the case with DWTS.
Anyone who thinks Kate is a great mom needs to watch her show from the beginning to the end. Her yelling at her kids, telling them to stay out of her room, making them walk 2 miles to the neighbors so the paparazzi can film them on the street, telling her boys that they're gross...yeah, she's a great mom. And for anyone who says "it's all editing" I will remind you that TLC was trying their best to make Kate out to be a great mom...they were in talks with her to do her own show about a single mom trying to raise kids. They had no reason to edit her in a "bad light" so anything we saw was probably the "good" stuff. She and Jon made babies in a medical facility. They are in no way great parents...they're barely mediocre. Kate has nothing to share with the world...no great parenting style, certainly not a marriage counselor. She is a product of a marketing team who made a lot of money off of her children. Good parents wouldn't allow their children to be filmed 24/7...especially since one of their oldest daughters (Maddy) started putting "No cameras" signs on her door. Kate is the one who insists on staying in the spotlight come hell or high water and that's just sad. I wish DWTS had better standards for who they pick as "stars" and for once, took her children's needs into account. She and Jon aren't going to do it and I wish for once, a network would be the "grown ups" and take care of the kids.

Anyway...this is not a thread about J&K+8...that show, Thank God, is off the air. I can't wait for next week!

Old 03-18-2010, 02:38 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,552,263 times
Evan Lysacek is hot.

Old 03-19-2010, 08:55 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,179,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
I thought it was a real shame when the Olympic swimmer Natalie Coughlin got voted off so early in the competition. She was really good. As for Brooke Burke hosting now? Gawd. Guess they wanted someone with bigger boobs and less personality.
I agree. Odd choice. Not that I don't like her....I just don't associate her with a dancing competition or a host of a show this big.

Old 03-19-2010, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I agree. Odd choice. Not that I don't like her....I just don't associate her with a dancing competition or a host of a show this big.
Well, I don't think that Samantha was all that great either. It always bugged me when she would laugh during the beginning sequence as if she were in on some sort of inside joke. I'm not sure why...it just bugged me. Plus, I'll say it again...she was becoming weirdly thin. There is a difference between thin and orange-on-a-toothpick thin and Samantha was getting weirdly muscular and her neck was starting to look like it was going to snap off from the weight of her head.

So, Brooke is having a try-out. I have watched DWTS since the beginning, and Samantha wasn't on in the first season. There was another woman who did the interviews. That being said, ABC knows this show is a cash cow. They aren't going to keep Brooke as a co-host if she stinks. She probably won't be THAT bad and obviously will "grow" into her role, but if she isn't great, don't expect to see her back for next season. It's too bad they can't clone Tom...he could do the whole show by himself if it were feasible but he can't be in 2 places at once and I suppose the producers think it's important to interview the teams after they finish their dance.

Old 03-19-2010, 09:32 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,348,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post

Um...she is a former CHAMPION of this competition! So I'm guessing that's why she's been chosen -- a built-in familiarity with regular fans, and she's attractive and likeable. I wasn't a Samantha fan so I'm up for Anyone Else. It remains to be seen if her back-room interviews are as lame as Samantha's, of course.

If you meant that Brooke didn't have a long dancing competition history...say on the PBS Ballroom shows or whatever, then yes I know what you mean. But I doubt that's a requirement, else Tom wouldn't be there either. But I agree with the other poster that they should just clone Tom and skip the co-host completely!!

Old 03-19-2010, 11:27 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,446,688 times
Regardless of what type of person Kate is, she does have to support all those kids. If she just quietly goes away, I wonder how she would make enough money to take care of them. From what the media has shown us, it doesn't appear Jon was doing a very good job of earning a living.

I once saw her on a talk show and she was asked why she does so much in the public eye. She replied it's the best way to make the most money to support the kids and she didn't particularly care what people thought of her and how she did it. No matter what kind of person she is, she does seem to be concerned about being able to making money to take care of them.

If I put myself in her shoes, I would want to do the same. I would do whatever it takes. I am child-free by choice but I believe that if you do bring them into the world, it's your responsibilty to provide for them in any way you can. That and that alone is why I wouldn't want to see her fade away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV