Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 12:35 AM

Location: TX Hill Country-Helotes, Pipe Creek/Lake Hills & San Antonio, TX
844 posts, read 1,625,459 times

Advertisements

I love to watch Dancing with the Stars, one of my favorite primetime reality shows. However, I have decided not to form an opinion of whom to choose early on. There are still some people I have never heard of and would like to see them as they progress in their practice, dance, maturity level, commitment, etc..........Good Luck stars.....the judges sure do make me laugh!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2010, 09:14 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,347,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittykat13 View Post
Good Luck stars.....the judges sure do make me laugh!!!

Which begs the question: are you laughing WITH them or AT them???

At various times I think they are all absolute buffoons, esp. Bruno, though I think he's camping it up for all he's worth. And I'll bet every last syllable they speak has already been written for them -- or at least the supposedly "clever one-liners" they spew out for each dance team!

Old 03-04-2010, 10:06 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
Not the BEST lineup I have seen BUT....at least they haven't stooped to "Octotramp" yet.

Old 03-04-2010, 11:47 AM

3,086 posts, read 7,611,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
OOH!!
Evan Lysacek and Anna Trebunskaya

Evan got Anna because of his height...he's 6'2' or something like that. Hopefully she'll be a better choreographer than she was last year.
Nah, you're thinking of the blonde Anna Demidova who was new last year to the show, partnered with Michael Irvin and a big disappointment in general.

Anna Trebunskaya is the red head, married to Jonathan Roberts and is actually quite good, just hasn't been on every season. She was previously partnered with (looking it up) Jerry Rice, Albert Reed, Steve Guttenberg, and most recently Chuck Liddell.

Old 03-04-2010, 02:21 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,151,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
I can actually see Jake totally falling for Chelsie. Chelsie is such a talented dancer. I remember her going back from So You Think You Can Dance. She is beautiful and sexy. Wouldn't that be a twist?
I really like Chelsie and hope that she'll eventually get a really good partner so she can do some great choreography. I liked Louie and her together...they are both teeny tiny and cute, and I liked her with Ty, but neither of them were great dancers though their personalities kept them in the game.

Old 03-04-2010, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittykat13 View Post
the judges sure do make me laugh!!!
I wonder if Bruno practices his lines in front of the mirror. He's getting more outrageous as the show continues.

Tom is still the best part of the show, IMHO. He is quick and sarcastic and a great host. My favorite line of his was when one of the girls was dancing and afterwards, a few feathers fell off their dress and were floating around the dance floor. Tom picked it up and said, "To most, this is a feather. To Edyta, it's an entire outfit." He's great.

Old 03-04-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypocore View Post
Nah, you're thinking of the blonde Anna Demidova who was new last year to the show, partnered with Michael Irvin and a big disappointment in general.

Anna Trebunskaya is the red head, married to Jonathan Roberts and is actually quite good, just hasn't been on every season. She was previously partnered with (looking it up) Jerry Rice, Albert Reed, Steve Guttenberg, and most recently Chuck Liddell.
OOHHH! You're right. Looks like Anna D. is not on this season.

Anna T. is pretty good and it's nice that she can have someone who is clearly up for working hard and staying focused. I'm a BIG fan of Evan's, and like most professional athletes (Olympians in particular), I predict he'll be willing to put in some serious effort. And, if his history as an iceskater is any indicator, I'm sure he's worn his share of moronic outfits so a few feathers aren't going to humiliate him. BTW, his outfit with the snakes on it during the Olympics was designed by Vera Wang.

Old 03-06-2010, 03:08 PM

5 posts, read 8,534 times
I hate that Kate Gosselin is on this season- Dangh Woman, Go home and take care of Your babies. I personally think shes addicted to the limelight.

Old 03-07-2010, 04:37 AM

363 posts, read 583,106 times
Lacey isn't returning either? That's too bad. I really enjoyed her choreograhy as she threw in some unusual steps that got Len's knickers in a knot.

Glad to see Ashley returning. IMO, she got a bum rap with Master P. Was he not the worse...ahem...dancer?

Old 03-07-2010, 08:01 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,347,074 times
quote=Liondandy;13189804]
Glad to see Ashley returning. IMO, she got a bum rap with Master P. Was he not the worse...ahem...dancer?[/quote]

The proper word does not exist when you are trying to describe what that arrogant jerk did to the dance floor. Note use of "to" and not "on"!
He should have been shown the door at the first rehearsal...you are so right, because it was SO unfair to his partner!

I would LOVE to know who does the pairing-up and how they decide...because the pros know instantly whether they'll be going home in the first few weeks. I highly doubt that Mark Ballas thought he was going to win with Cloris Leachman, for instance. But if I remember correctly that was his first season, and I guess they have to "pay their dues"!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV