U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-21-2010, 11:58 PM

537 posts, read 782,666 times
The finalists taped a show with Larry King. It was shown Friday and will repeat Saturday 5/22. For Monday’s DWTS, Evan and Anna will rework their first dance, the Viennese Waltz. Nicole and Derek will perform a Rumba, and Erin and Maks, the Samba. Everyone will also dance a Freestyle.

I finally found the time to watch Tuesday’s results show. They sure can pack a lot of stuff into 42 minutes.

Yay, Evan and Anna are called safe from the beginning and get to dance an encore performance of their Paso and it is even better than the first time. Sometimes the camera work is terrible and it reflects on the performances we see.

Then we get background pieces on the pros. Max was born behind the Iron Curtain and his family came to the U.S. for a better life. He really is a character and a hunky one at that. I love every time Tom B opens his mouth with quick witted sarcasm. 'Max is a real charmer’

Sarah McLachlan performs. She has a beautiful haunting voice, but I can’t help thinking of tortured puppies because of those gut-wrenching commercials she did. Thankfully Anna and her hubby, Jonathan Roberts come out to dance, and distract me from sad puppy thoughts. Anna looks like a delicate butterfly when dancing with Jonathan. They are wonderful together. She is my favorite female this season and I'd love for her and Evan to get the Trophy.

Cheryl’s background piece was next. Dancing is her life.

Next, Tom introduces us to designer Amelio O. He did the costumes for the Design a Dance, or is it Design a Dud contest? Joey Fatone in Kiss make up, and Melissa Rycroft wear the costumes, and dance the Tango. Amelio acts like the stereotype of a snooty stuck-up designer, completely ignoring Tom’s questions, and the dance is crap. Sorry Amelio, Joey’s outfit looked like a Hefty trash bag with arm holes.

Next up, college dance teams UVU v Rutgers. Not really a fair competition, since UVU has a lot more experience. They were excellent.

Anna’s background piece. She came from a stark place in the USSR. Her hubby is so proud of her accomplishments. Both her parents are ballroom dancers and her mom still makes Anna’s costumes. I love her dance outfits, they are always elegant

Miley Cyrus is about to debut something. I have a feeling this is about to become one of the longest hours of my life. Every time the camera cuts to her backstage, she looks bored. Kid has a tough life. The way over the top performance, looked like Michael Jackson’s Thriller collided with Alfred Hitchcock’s The Birds. Tom gives a shout out to her dad.

Derek’s piece was sweet. He’s the baby with 4 older sisters, who used to dress him up like their little Ken doll. One sister gets choked up talking about him. Awww

Finally, we learn that Chad is this week’s dead meat. It’s ok. He needs more time to tweet

Last edited by baseballgal; 05-22-2010 at 12:30 AM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2010, 01:46 AM

1,180 posts, read 2,420,551 times
And Kate Gosselin will be an announcer. How crappy is that!

Old 05-22-2010, 07:54 AM

15,380 posts, read 22,309,001 times
WHAT????? KATE the KRATE is gonna cry for us again......

Old 05-22-2010, 09:28 AM

537 posts, read 782,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
If you enjoy tears, you can just watch the rehearsal pieces of Nicole. She cries and carries on, every week.
'People don't understand...snivel...snivel...how difficult it is to be so perfect'

It's riveting stuff.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:29 AM

13,041 posts, read 7,517,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballgal View Post
The finalists taped a show with Larry King. It was shown Friday and will repeat Saturday 5/22. For Monday’s DWTS, Evan and Anna will rework their first dance, the Viennese Waltz. Nicole and Derek will perform a Rumba, and Erin and Maks, the Samba. Everyone will also dance a Freestyle.

Thanks, bbg.

I finally found the time to watch Tuesday’s results show. They sure can pack a lot of stuff into 42 minutes.

Yay, Evan and Anna are called safe from the beginning and get to dance an encore performance of their Paso and it is even better than the first time. Sometimes the camera work is terrible and it reflects on the performances we see.

Wasn't that great to see again?

Then we get background pieces on the pros. Max was born behind the Iron Curtain and his family came to the U.S. for a better life. He really is a character and a hunky one at that. I love every time Tom B opens his mouth with quick witted sarcasm. 'Max is a real charmer’

I betcha he's really snooty too. Seems stuck on himself to me.

Sarah McLachlan performs. She has a beautiful haunting voice, but I can’t help thinking of tortured puppies because of those gut-wrenching commercials she did. Thankfully Anna and her hubby, Jonathan Roberts come out to dance, and distract me from sad puppy thoughts. Anna looks like a delicate butterfly when dancing with Jonathan. They are wonderful together. She is my favorite female this season and I'd love for her and Evan to get the Trophy.

Aren't Anna and Jonathan elegant together? That's what comes from having a life time dancing partner. You move so well and automatically together. All I could think of was puppies too with Sarah's voice.

Cheryl’s background piece was next. Dancing is her life.

Next, Tom introduces us to designer Amelio O. He did the costumes for the Design a Dance, or is it Design a Dud contest? Joey Fatone in Kiss make up, and Melissa Rycroft wear the costumes, and dance the Tango. Amelio acts like the stereotype of a snooty stuck-up designer, completely ignoring Tom’s questions, and the dance is crap. Sorry Amelio, Joey’s outfit looked like a Hefty trash bag with arm holes.

I was disgusted with that Amelio "guy". Piece of trash, personality wise, just like his costume design.

Next up, college dance teams UVU v Rutgers. Not really a fair competition, since UVU has a lot more experience. They were excellent.

No, it wasn't fair and Rutger's did a fine job.

Anna’s background piece. She came from a stark place in the USSR. Her hubby is so proud of her accomplishments. Both her parents are ballroom dancers and her mom still makes Anna’s costumes. I love her dance outfits, they are always elegant

Miley Cyrus is about to debut something. I have a feeling this is about to become one of the longest hours of my life. Every time the camera cuts to her backstage, she looks bored. Kid has a tough life. The way over the top performance, looked like Michael Jackson’s Thriller collided with Alfred Hitchcock’s The Birds. Tom gives a shout out to her dad.

She DID look so bored when they showed her off screen. I wanted to slap her spoiled brat face. She's still a teenager isn't she? That was not an appropriate dance number for a 17 year old but then I'm disgusted with the way the world is now anyways.

Derek’s piece was sweet. He’s the baby with 4 older sisters, who used to dress him up like their little Ken doll. One sister gets choked up talking about him. Awww

Talk about being "whipped" from day one!

Finally, we learn that Chad is this week’s dead meat. It’s ok. He needs more time to tweet
Quote:
Originally Posted by car957 View Post
And Kate Gosselin will be an announcer. How crappy is that!
Why, oh, why do people keep extending her 15 mins of fame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
I'll be the one crying having to see her again!

Old 05-22-2010, 09:37 AM

15,380 posts, read 22,309,001 times
I'll cry right along with ya...maybe we'll start watching 30 minutes late so we can fast forward thru the Krates segment.

I'm puttin my money on Nicole....she is the best of the best....but really don't cae which one wins cause thay ALL deserve it.

Old 05-22-2010, 12:32 PM

9,746 posts, read 6,523,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballgal View Post
If you enjoy tears, you can just watch the rehearsal pieces of Nicole. She cries and carries on, every week.
'People don't understand...snivel...snivel...how difficult it is to be so perfect'

It's riveting stuff.
LOL--poor poor Nicole
Hope she is the next one cut.

Old 05-22-2010, 04:21 PM

364 posts, read 356,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
LOL--poor poor Nicole
Hope she is the next one cut.
There are no more cuts. We're at the finals. Nicole either wins, comes in second or third. Personally, I think she'll win it, not just for her dancing ability but also from Derek's fan base.

Kate has just got to be a better announcer than she is a *cough* dancer.

BBGal - once again you've given us a great and funny review .

Old 05-22-2010, 05:23 PM

9,746 posts, read 6,523,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liondandy View Post
There are no more cuts. We're at the finals. Nicole either wins, comes in second or third. Personally, I think she'll win it, not just for her dancing ability but also from Derek's fan base.

Kate has just got to be a better announcer than she is a *cough* dancer.

BBGal - once again you've given us a great and funny review .
ugh....well she does dance for a living .....so.....

Old 05-22-2010, 05:30 PM

Location: If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space
12,345 posts, read 5,060,200 times
On The Soup they said next season should be called Dancing with the Dancers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV