Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 01:11 PM

2 posts, read 6,358 times

Advertisements

hell i thought i was hard up, watching these women, i feel good about myself. I have a job and don't brake the law. These men are cons, their conning women for honey buns and ramen noodles. Why don't they look for a real man who works for a living.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2011, 02:04 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,869,325 times
I've seen a couple of episodes on the OWN network (Oprah Winfrey's Network). It's truly sad. These women seem to have such low self-esteems. These men in prison make them feel needed and loved. These women devote all their time, energy and resources to these men who are often going to be spending their lives behind bars. My feelings are that these are safe relationships for these women, who often have had troubled pasts with abuse, etc. As long as the guy stays behind bars they can't hurt them. Very sad, but interesting to watch.

Old 03-12-2011, 01:15 AM

3,943 posts, read 6,371,184 times
Is this a reality show?

Old 07-10-2011, 09:38 PM

5,573 posts, read 6,498,880 times
What happened to this show? I didn't watch it at first, then cuz nothing else was on, I watched two episodes and decided it was a show I would watch. I saw (didn't watch again, already seen) the repeat of the two episodes I originally saw, and then,..........this show just disappeared.

I hate that!

Old 07-11-2011, 06:03 AM

2,104 posts, read 3,008,476 times
They'll probably film more episodes, it's not like there is a shortage of families in this situation. They want to make sure people will watch I guess. I've watched it also. It boggles my mind how these women do this. I guess they figure it's true love. I could'nt/would'nt do it.

Old 08-27-2011, 07:41 PM

I caught 3 (count 'em, 3!) episodes in a row on OWN this morning/early afternoon. Three I hadn't seen. I could have watched more. I really like this show, and I am serious. I am always interested in other peoples' lives and how they got to where they are now, how they live their lives, how my life is similiar or so far different from others. I hope they renew this show or show the episodes I haven't seen.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:19 PM

323 posts, read 788,043 times
I've DVR'd it and caught maybe 6 or 7 episodes. I think that it is a very interesting show. I think that I can understand the women that were married to these guys before they were incarceratied a LITTLE more than the ones that marry them or meet them after they go to prison. Why would these women be in these relationships? I mean, these guys are not in a position to bring ANYTHING to the table! It's ridiculous! How desperate can you be? And the fact that these guys have committed murders and armed robberies, and stuff like that! It's just crazy! It reinforces the thought that us women are mare likely to have such bad problems with self esteem.

I watched the Georgia Benson episode. This woman was just sad! She's over there worried about her body and if her husband will like it when he gets out. Seriously?? He should feel lucky to have found a dummy like her! Then at the end of the episode, he has the nerve to talk about how she's not the most beautiful woman in the world, but that it's okay because he'd been with beautiful women and they didn't have good hearts. Really? Where does he get the nerve? He'd been locked up for who-knows-how-long..she should've been Ms. America in his eyes.

Some of these women work two jobs, spend all of their time studying law in the libraries to get their husbands out, travel for hours and hours to visit every week. It's crazy. One lady has 3 or 4 kids. She married her husband while he was already in prison, he had a life sentence with no parole, and had exhausted all of his appeals. Even worse, she would put her husband on speakerphone so he could discipline her kids. Crazy! Another lady lost her relationship with her daughter because she was putting her incarcerated husband (who she had met and married while he was already in prison) before her family. Ridiculous!

I can't help but watch this show, but the whole time I'm watching it, I'm usually shaking my head and thinking 'what is wrong with these women'???

I have a friend whose boyfriend recently went to jail. She was complaining about how difficult the system made it for her to do any little thing for him. Of course it's difficult. Nobody is concerned about making inmate's lives easier, or the lives of people that are trying to help the inmates. It's not a priority in society! And it shouldn't be!

I don't feel sorry for these women one little bit!

Old 05-29-2012, 05:44 PM

I believe most adults have some sort of "mental illness" as defined by society. Just watch some of the shows on TLC. Fetishes, groupies to serial killers, sexual abnormalities, hoarding, overload on cosmetic surgery, and more. So, women who marry convicts fall into this opinion. Some, like fetishes, I would like to see kept secret, others, like hoarding and marrying convicts, I don't mind watching. Makes for interesting viewing, and conversation starts with friends, family, or coworkers.

Old 07-27-2012, 05:35 AM

1 posts, read 2,847 times
People everyone don't take care of there men who are in prison. I married a man who is in prison and my self esteem is not low by any mean. I can get any man on the street if I choose to and as far as taking care of him never he takes care of me money come out never go in. I love my husband and I don't care about the negative remarks I hear every day. God will take care of us

Old 07-27-2012, 09:56 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,869,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honey63 View Post
People everyone don't take care of there men who are in prison. I married a man who is in prison and my self esteem is not low by any mean. I can get any man on the street if I choose to and as far as taking care of him never he takes care of me money come out never go in. I love my husband and I don't care about the negative remarks I hear every day. God will take care of us
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV