Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2015, 10:45 AM

7,378 posts, read 12,659,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
There is an excellent article on last night's episode and an analysis of the season and killings here"

"There’s a clear sorting mechanism to the Justified universe. This is a show that revels in the idiocy of its lesser outlaws, in revealing how their greed and shortsightedness inevitably renders their lives nasty, brutish, and short. But once a character attains a certain level of status on this show, there are rules that must be followed as to whom he or she can kill or how his or her life can end."

Review: Justified:

If you didn't see last night's episode yet, hold off on reading it until you do.
No wonder you have 10 rep stars!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2015, 10:48 AM

7,378 posts, read 12,659,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
I missed the reason Ava's uncle tried to kill Boyd in the mine. Ava herself is one big mystery right to the last. hard to tell which way she's going.
Because Boyd's brother made her life a living hell. I guess that's all. But why chain Boyd to the timbers when he had a neat mining shaft to dump him in? (A case where the story dictates the details, I guess! Boyd needed to be able to escape!)

Old 03-21-2015, 04:40 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,211,900 times
I just finished S 4 which I loved a lot.
I remember finishing S3, that last episode and almost missed that last bit where Raylan overhears some cop talking and stops, asks and the cop saying Arlo wasn't trying to kill the cop, he was shooting at the hat.
WHOA!
So often I'm sitting there at the end of an episode, a little in shock, thinking "well that is some sort of f'ed up"

S4, felt bad for the Agent, forget his name, the sniper, having to shoot Colt. Because previously when Colt was talking about the agents friend he shot, and saying something to the effect that the friend had left most of himself in Khandahar, that was Colt. Suicide by cop and the suicide was a cop (former, still), both vets. Just so damn sad. What have we done to our young men?
Ellie May, you want to just shake her and help her at the same time. Thought that story line was sweet.
Do you think Limehouse let her go because selling a human was just a bit too much like slavery? He was definately trying to take a step back from the dark and trying to convince Ave too.
Those Cloverhill guys, what asses. I don't know how the constable missed them with a machine gun. Loved that he took out YOLO.
Loved Raylan's boss talking about how bad ass Drew Thompson was.
When that previous sherrif talked to Raylan about trying to be who his mother raised not Arlo, that was some great writing.
Still a little in love with Boyd. Love the way he 'uses 40 words when it only takes 4' and that the guy said he'd have to start using google translate if he kept using big words. Feel a little bad for Johnny. Raylan certainly told him truth though.

Scary at the end with chair delivery. I get a little tired of the Detroit thing. Hoping it doesn't take over S5.

Love this show.

Old 03-25-2015, 12:28 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,944,809 times
Tonights episode! Over the top! I though only Raylan got to shoot Boyd. That was a surprise. I won't spoil by telling who, but Boyd gets it. Who's next?

Also does anybody but Ava EVER change their clothes?

Old 03-25-2015, 10:54 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,011,495 times
Well, didn't see that happening. A little too much time spent on that Boone. Will he be the end of Raylan?

Old 03-26-2015, 11:27 AM

9,144 posts, read 14,753,437 times
Yeah, I am not loving this random guy coming in in the last 5 episodes and having some crucial role in the whole thing, but still love the show.

That was super creepy with him in the diner.

Old 03-26-2015, 11:45 AM

4,361 posts, read 6,528,616 times
They are going above board in embedding the creepiness in that character. Bet he's in for one gruesome departure.

Old 03-26-2015, 12:40 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Are there only 2 episodes left?

There were 2 shockers in Tuesdays episode. Don't forget about Mikey and Duffy.

I'm a little put off by Raylan's attitude toward Boyd this season. The guy saved his life twice, once at the end of Season 1 in Bulletville and at the end of Season 2 when Dickie was using him like a pinata. While I realize he has a job to do, it would be nice if he was less "eager beaver/whole reason for living" about it.

You will want to read this interview with Graham Yost but don't read it until after you've watched the last episode because it's about that episode and the 3 main characters:

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/justified-a...517720000.html

Last edited by LauraC; 03-26-2015 at 12:48 PM..

Old 03-26-2015, 01:24 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,734,689 times
Wow. So did not see that coming!! My DVR keeps skipping recording so I binged the last four episodes.

Old 03-26-2015, 09:37 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,366,573 times
Boon in the diner was menacing and disturbing, character has yet to display any redeeming (or even entertaining) features.
I did like this line, when he & Markham are talking outside Loretta's aunt's place:
Quote:
“Always seemed to me as far as conscience goes — the sweet spot is either be poor enough you can’t afford to have one
or rich enough you can afford to hire someone to carry the weight.”-Boon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV