Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2010, 01:04 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,785,919 times

Advertisements

I didn't like any of the ads either team did. I like catchy jingles and none of those caught my attention nor would they.
Don't "get" why Cyndi was brought back as she did more/better than Holly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 01:05 PM

446 posts, read 830,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
The reports that he will participate in the FINALE is a spoiler!

Only a twisted person would not know the difference between a general health report and someone appearing on a future show!

Every Apprentice I've seen all the contestants appear in some form or fashion in the finale. Your butt must be really sore with those panties in such a wad.
NOTHING was said that he was one of the finale participants...............

Old 05-03-2010, 04:04 PM

491 posts, read 748,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I didn't like any of the ads either team did. I like catchy jingles and none of those caught my attention nor would they.
Summer was pretty much in a no win situation. No matter who should took back she could not blame any of them for losing.

Old 05-03-2010, 06:07 PM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I agree and obviously so did Trump; which is why he told Cindy to leave.
Holly should have been brought back

Quote:
You are SUPPOSE TO USE SPOILER ALERT!
I think the wording of the article is bad.

Bret Michaels Expected to Make Full Recovery
5/1/2010
in

* People
* Bret Michaels
* Celebrity Apprentice
* nbc
* Poison

Star's attendance of 'Apprentice' finale possible
Thad Komorowski

Former Poison frontman Bret Michaels's doctor announced that he is expected to make a full recovery, says Associated Press writer Derrik J. Lang. Dr. Joseph Zabramski is ecstatic that Michaels' will to live is "undeniable." Michaels has spent the last week at St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center in Phoenix recovering from a brain hemorrhage.

"Mr. Michaels will continue to undergo testing considering we have hit a few roadblocks, including hyponatremia, severe cranial and back pain suffered from blood drainage, an emergency appendectomy performed a week earlier and a lifelong history of Type 1 diabetes," Zabramski said in a statement Friday.

The cause of the hemorrhage remains unknown. Doctors say that it's entirely possible that Michaels could be healthy enough to appear on the finale of The Celebrity Apprentice, the show in which he lead the leading team, May 23. (All of the proceeding episodes had been filmed prior to Michaels' hospitalization.)

Old 05-03-2010, 06:15 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,377,606 times
Quote:
The reports that he will participate in the FINALE is a spoiler!

Only a twisted person would not know the difference between a general health report and someone appearing on a future show!
If you have watched all previous apprentice seasons, most of the players come back for the finale, even if they are not part of the final 2. They come to help out the final 2 to win. There is no spoiler here at all.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:49 PM

540 posts, read 1,329,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
I knew he had another son, but thought he was older...He looks strange, but so does Donald. He even had the hair going like his dad! Haha.
No paternity test would ever be necessary to prove who the daddy is.

The kid is tall (6'5") and smart. Graduated with honors, but I think the Trumps have a 'bad taste in hairstyle' gene. Male Trumps have no taste in that department..at all. I was watching the show with a friend, who loves Vampire movies, and thinks Eric could have a big future in that genre.

This is one of those shows I TiVo. Seriously Trump, 2 hours is too much

Bret has an excellent Radio Voice. Glad to see he is making amazing progress on the road to recovery.

Sharon hating on Curtis is pathetic. She has never worked with him, and I agree with him, that she has a British hair across her azz due to history, only he said it nicer...'maybe colonialism'

The topper was her mocking his accent, with her heavy accent. Sad that she couldn't see the irony. At least he isn't shrill. And now, Maria is Sharon's toady? How dumb she looked, running in and 'stealing' pizza. Too bad she couldn't behave like an adult and just ask. She sees Curtis and wants to punch him? Most of the remaining women are nasty to one degree or another. I feel sorry for Curtis having to put up with them. Heaven help him next week

He is too much of a gentleman, and in the board room, should have at least mentioned that he raised the same concerns to Summer, that the execs had. Too many words jammed in 30 seconds, and she ignored him.

Come on Curtis, next epi, don't let ' Bangers and Mash' roll over you. Then again, you don't need this, maybe you've had enough of the tripe

Last edited by baseballgal; 05-03-2010 at 10:38 PM..

Old 05-04-2010, 06:26 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
I did more searching for the source of that article in question. No where on Bret's facebook page does it say anything like that. I then clicked -

Bret Michaels Expected to Make Full Recovery says Associated Press writer Derrik J. Lang. where it goes to the story - Doctor: Bret Michaels' will to live 'undeniable'

Looks like they took piece of the 2nd link -
Other doctors said it is possible that Michaels could be healthy enough to appear on "The Celebrity Apprentice" live finale May 23. He is currently one of seven contestants remaining on Donald Trump's competitive reality series, including pop singer Cyndi Lauper, reality TV diva Sharon Osbourne, celebrity chef Curtis Stone and actress Holly Robinson Peete.

Michaels already filmed most of "The Celebrity Apprentice" last fall. However, the finale requires the last two contestants to debate against each other live in front of Trump. If Michaels ascends to the final showdown, it would be unprecedented in "The Apprentice" franchise history if he is not present to defend himself in the boardroom.

"We've never been confronted with anything like this," Trump told Matt Lauer on NBC's "Today" show Tuesday. "He is still in the show. He's doing really, really well, and all of sudden ... I can't imagine. It's going to be live for two hours, and it's going to be in four weeks. I can't imagine he's going to be on the finale, but he very well might be."

Old 05-04-2010, 07:00 AM

891 posts, read 2,449,461 times
Yeah Holly didn't even want to use Cindy on the vocals which the executives thought was the best thing about their ads. So Summer should have brought Holly back in and exposed that fact, although in the end I think Summer was gone anyway

Old 05-04-2010, 07:27 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
I also wondered since Brett is so ill....if they went back to edit out anything negative said about him so other contestants wouldn't feel embarrassed when the show aired.

Also, I think there is a lot of conversation we don't see which leads up to snarky remarks from individuals that they do air. Sharon was probably responding to Curtis being miffed because Brett ate some of their team's pizza.

I agree with those who thought Holly should have been brought back in. She just sucked up to Summer to save her own self. I do think Summer made a bad call on putting so much words into the commercials. I really like her....but she did make the wrong call and wouldn't listen to anyone when they told her so.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:33 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,951,705 times
I honestly was shocked that Rock Solid won. I thought as far as commercials went, Tenacity did a far better job. I think it was interesting that the suits chose Rock Solid when they made it clear they did not want any plumber humor in the spots.

I hate that Holly and Summer never give Cyndi any respect and that they are constantly talking about her behind her back. I hate that Sharon and Maria are bagging on Curtis when he has never done anything to either of them. I thought he held his own last night in the board room when he did not stoop to their level and start insulting them.

I think Brett Michaels is a very creative man and he has done very well on this show. He could have quite the career in advertising and I highly agree that he has a great radio/spokesman voice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV