Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2010, 12:52 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,242,030 times

Advertisements

Disagreed w/ Jamie getting the boot in the 1st. I was hoping Fran would leave. I have to admit and this is probably juvenile of me but I couldn't help but LOL @ Jamie when she said "Chef was on my a-- tonight, and not in a good way"

Ok moving on. I will also LOL @ scott if he says "Salvatore betrayed me" "My team betrayed me", "I'm the best chef here yo". Dude, GR is right, you're not that good. And then Autumn, whoo she's evil, she reminds me of Suzanne from last year and Corey from season 4. She is cute I will admit, but her attitude isn't.

Here are my comments on the others:

Ed: Decent I guess, even though the mashed potatoes are easy to make.
Jason: Decent I guess but short temper will probably haunt him later on
Salvatore: Really stepped it up last night.
Jay: Decent I guess.
Benjamin: Probably the best cook on the Blue right now

Now for the Red:
Holli: hasn't really done anything noteworthy yet. If it weren't for her falling on her butt and laughing about it during the signature dish test I'd probably forget she exists.
Nikola?: Decent
Sibotah?: Don't see her lasting much longer
Fran: 30 years expierence eh? where?
Maria: Little out there, don't know what else to say

Now with that said, here's something to think about. First off, what kind of special event will HK have this year? In the past there was a Wedding reception, Birthday party, Bar Mitzah, and a Soldier coming home. So what's left? And also, I just have a feeling someone's gonna get booted during a dinner serivce and won't return. I'm guessing it will be Scott.

Til next time you silly cows!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 12:56 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,457,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Til next time you silly cows!
Your post is RAW! It'll KILL SOMEONE!

Old 06-16-2010, 02:57 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,933,490 times
I know it's been said during other seasons... but really, what is with every cook smoking!!! seriously! No wonder they can't cook, they have no taste buds left!

Old 06-16-2010, 02:59 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,612,994 times
Is it my imagination or has Gordon toned himself down a bit? Also, the teams almost seem to be working better this season than in others.

Old 06-16-2010, 06:09 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,042,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canibeyou View Post
I know it's been said during other seasons... but really, what is with every cook smoking!!! seriously! No wonder they can't cook, they have no taste buds left!
It's disgusting. It seriously has made me almost stop eating out all together. You can't wash all that crap off your hands, clothes....

Between that and all the cursing, the show gets annoying. I like the cooking parts, but not the gross parts and the nice-y team effort hugs when they win and the I hate her attitudes when they lose.

Old 06-16-2010, 06:18 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,791,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidrah View Post
It's disgusting. It seriously has made me almost stop eating out all together. You can't wash all that crap off your hands, clothes....

Between that and all the cursing, the show gets annoying. I like the cooking parts, but not the gross parts and the nice-y team effort hugs when they win and the I hate her attitudes when they lose.

seriously I have stopped eating out. Just can't fathom the thought of where someone's hands have been who may be cooking my food.

Old 06-16-2010, 06:20 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,551,038 times
I've worked in a fair share of fine dining restaurants. Almost everybody smokes. 75% would be a low estimate.

Old 06-16-2010, 06:46 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,933,490 times
Okay... so someone explain the connection please. Smoking & cooking. Your sense of smell is gonna be affected, as is your sense of taste.

I'm so glad i don't have smell-a-vision cuz last night, there wasn't one single person on the red team that wasn't smokin'. I haven't noticed the blue team.

Old 06-16-2010, 06:56 PM

10,178 posts, read 11,163,499 times
The smoking doesn't bother me - it's the hand touching the food and Possible hairs and such..

Old 06-16-2010, 06:59 PM

3,805 posts, read 6,355,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canibeyou View Post
Okay... so someone explain the connection please. Smoking & cooking. Your sense of smell is gonna be affected, as is your sense of taste.

I'm so glad i don't have smell-a-vision cuz last night, there wasn't one single person on the red team that wasn't smokin'. I haven't noticed the blue team.
I've been both a smoker and a non smoker. And I'm a pretty good cook. I could not tell one iota of difference in my sense of smell or taste. Not a speck of difference. And there are a lot worse places for your hands to be than on a cigarette. Just sayin'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV