Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2010, 12:58 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times

Advertisements

I didn't see it yet, but because I'm a donkey, I couldn't resist gettin' all up in here and seein' what's shakin'! I'll watch the show tomorrow night cuz I have skool tonight (and last night and the night before).

Now ... you jackasses are talking about Holli and Jay doin' the "grind" ... wasn't Holli kinda gettin' jiggy with Ed in the hot tub a few episodes ago? Maybe Holli's just a skank-ass beyotch 'ho!!! At any rate, I can't wait to see it.

I can't wait to see Ben being knocked down a few notches. He's a dumbass! So, anyway .... once I see the show, no doubt I'll be all up in dis beyotch again spewing my useless opinions and verbiage!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2010, 02:22 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,679,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I didn't see it yet, but because I'm a donkey, I couldn't resist gettin' all up in here and seein' what's shakin'! I'll watch the show tomorrow night cuz I have skool tonight (and last night and the night before).

Now ... you jackasses are talking about Holli and Jay doin' the "grind" ... wasn't Holli kinda gettin' jiggy with Ed in the hot tub a few episodes ago? Maybe Holli's just a skank-ass beyotch 'ho!!! At any rate, I can't wait to see it.

I can't wait to see Ben being knocked down a few notches. He's a dumbass! So, anyway .... once I see the show, no doubt I'll be all up in dis beyotch again spewing my useless opinions and verbiage!

Sorry we spilled the beans for you! But once you see it, you'll be glad to see just how Ben got donkeyfied!!!!

Old 07-21-2010, 04:28 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,458,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canibeyou View Post
Ohhh.... Fo REALZ!!! Ben est un sac d'outil!!!

Simply translated: Ben is a a tool bag!
Sac d'outil, mon cul. Ben est un sac de clystère.

("Tool bag, my rear end. Ben is an enema bag.")

Old 07-21-2010, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBrakeforTailgaters View Post
Sorry we spilled the beans for you! But once you see it, you'll be glad to see just how Ben got donkeyfied!!!!
Awww ... it's ok. I don't care about that. You know I'm gonna watch it anyway! LOL

Old 07-22-2010, 07:00 AM

3,169 posts, read 5,163,942 times
Is this Holli and Jay relationship serious? Serious as in for real? I don't see Holli giving Jay the time of day, let alone any of her personal time in a romantic way!

I really hope this isn't being put on for ratings.

Old 07-22-2010, 11:15 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,458,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMichele View Post
I really hope this isn't being put on for ratings.
This is a Fox show we're talking about.

Old 07-22-2010, 11:41 AM

8,804 posts, read 10,244,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMichele View Post
Is this Holli and Jay relationship serious? Serious as in for real? I don't see Holli giving Jay the time of day, let alone any of her personal time in a romantic way!
Well, Jay certainly seems to enjoy it. He has said maybe twice that one of his goals is to sleep with Holli.

It won't probably won't last though. It will be funny if one of them make it to the final 2 and they don't pick the other with their pick.

Old 07-22-2010, 03:44 PM

3,169 posts, read 5,163,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
This is a Fox show we're talking about.
True, but come on now. This is Hell's Kitchen. Why throw in the extra drama?

I honestly have zero interest in this side story. It seems so forced and fake to me that I didn't take it seriously. But if it gets one of them off the show to make room for the other...

If either of them are made to leave I'm betting we will seem him/her next season.

Old 07-22-2010, 09:49 PM

608 posts, read 1,708,381 times
Honestly, the only two people remaining that I could possibly see running the restaurant are Holli and Jay. Holli would probably be the best of the remaining four.

I can not imagine Autumn running that restaurant. Her cooking skills are good, but not really good enough. More than anyone else, she has refused to take any accountability for her mistakes. She has improved --- but not so much that she should be running a GR restaurant on her own. I also think her potential is somewhat limited --- and GR likes to find people who he can significantly improve over time (such as Danny from Season 5).

Ben might have the culinary skills to run the restaurant, but he lacks the communication and personal skills. He's simply too arrogant for his own good. I'd probably rank him #4 of all the chefs in the competition, all the same.

Jay does not seem like a strong enough leader, either, but could maybe pull it off. He's a great cook, reasonably good in the kitchen, and has average leadership skills.

Holli is the best of the bunch. She's a great cook, she doesn't screw up in the kitchen all that much, her communication skills are good, and her leadership skills are good enough so that it would be possible. It's worth noting she's only 24, so she still has room to grow on the leadership front as well. She's really the only one I could see potentially fitting the role comfortably.

I was somewhat surprised by Ed getting booted. I would rank him as #3 of all the chefs for running the restaurant. His background is culinary instruction, however, so he might not have as much experience as some of the others in a restaurant environment and it showed as he got very frazzled at times.

Jason seems like a great cook, but he really wasn't very well-suited to run the GR restaurant. He lacks communication and personal skills. He's too slow in the kitchen. He seems like he's very good at what he does --- but just doesn't have the personality to be the head chef at a first-class restaurant.

All that said, I'm curious as to how the Holli and Jay situation works out, because --- as I already said --- they are the only two remaining I could reasonably envision running the restaurant. Holli vs. Autumn in the final would be bizarre. Autumn should have been eliminated when there were maybe 8 contestants left.

Old 07-22-2010, 11:24 PM

Hey donkeys ... I watched it tonight and was grossed out by all the sexual innuendo and "stuff" between Holli and that freak, Jay. I just don't possibly see how she could find that guy even remotely attractive. The guy looks like a total moron with that nasty faded out blue/green greasy looking hair. Then, he dyed it and it was on his skin. Yuck! Just so nasty!!!!!

So glad to see Ben get reamed. The guy's an ass and he needs to go. He might be a better "chef" (I use the term loosely) than the others, but his attitude stinks and he makes no effort whatsoever to hide his chauvanism. Why did he get a hair makeover, when what he really, desperately needed was a trip to a cosmetic dentist?

I have to agree with the guys though, Amber doesn't appear to do all that much, 'cept look "cute". From the very beginning of the season I could see that Amber is one of these people who puts on the air of authority, but in reality, does nothing. She likes to supervise. But, I am glad her dish beat Ben's!

Was glad to see Ed go. The guy was such a screw up with the halibut! What a donkey!!!

Was also glad to see Jason go. I think he would be good in a down home southern style restaurant, but not in a 5-star joint. However, he has mellowed out since we first saw him putting the smack-down on everyone.

Personally, I don't think any of these folks are 5-star material. The ideal person has to be able to cook (duh!), communicate, lead in a responsible, non-condescending way, and get food from the kitchen to the dining room in a timely manner. Sorry, but 2, 3, or 4 hours waiting for food doesn't cut it. If I were in HK waiting for over an hour for my food, I'd get up and walk out.

Looks like next week is gonna be interesting. I think GR should just scrap the bunch of them and start over with new donkeys.

Again ... in case you missed my point - Jay grosses me out, he's like a big, fat, puffed up, over-the-hill smurf!!! GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :s mack: Oh yeah ... and that travesty of a dish he put out for the photo session ..... what the hell was that??? I was looking at that, thinking "WHERE'S THE FOOD?????" then he got all p*ssed off because he came in 4th place! What a sch-muck! (I guess sch-muck is a bad word? CD won't let me post it unless I hyphenate it!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV