Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2010, 11:18 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,673,901 times

Advertisements

I'd say this was the worse season for me by far. Just didn't connect with any of them or found any of them likable. Nona is either deer in the headlights or full throttle on the drama and Russell is just a plain maniac that is going to call the bluff of the wrong person someday.

And Ramsay? Is he just phoning it in these days or what? The Kitchen Nightmares from the UK, before he stopped doing them in favor of the lucrative USA market, were absolutely brilliant with a good focus on the food and tailored to each restaurant, along with plenty of comedy. The KN here has the same exact script and ending on each one and it's getting a bit silly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2010, 11:26 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,457,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
And Ramsay? Is he just phoning it in these days or what? The Kitchen Nightmares from the UK, before he stopped doing them in favor of the lucrative USA market, were absolutely brilliant with a good focus on the food and tailored to each restaurant, along with plenty of comedy. The KN here has the same exact script and ending on each one and it's getting a bit silly.
That's why I lost interest in KN. You can see the heavy, clumsy hand of Hollywood, making sure it goes the way they want. Nothing real about the KN model of reality TV.

Old 12-17-2010, 11:43 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times
Hey Donkeys!!!

Okay, I'm super tired and need to get some sleep, but I wanted to post before I go to bed. Mainly because I know you're all waiting with baited breath to see what I'm gonna say!

I am SO glad Nona won it!!! I am so glad my friend who told me the rumor was wrong. I think the waiter at LA Market just told my friend "I can't tell you his name" to throw my friend off the trail.

Russell has proven that he is first and foremost ..... a PR*CK!!!!! Nothing humble ever passes through that guy's lips. I loved how he was yapping about how his team "f****d the wrong guy". Nope dearie, looks like YOU p*ssed off the wrong people - and YOU paid for it, ya damn donkey!!!!!

I thought Nona was very nice with people on her team. She was firm, but also nice. She remained human. Russell was like Hitler. They should pit Russell against that other loud-mouth, red-headed moron from Texas who was on the show a few seasons back. I'd be interested to see which moron is tougher. Even better - pit Russell against Joseph - remember Joseph - "I aint no little b*tch"???

I have lots more to say (oops, I mean BRAY), but right now ... I be tired!!!! I'll be back tomorrow, and of course, you donkeys will see me on the KN thread soon!

Old 12-18-2010, 01:22 AM

What would it have been, you stewpid cows, if Russell had slugged Vinny?

Wait for it.....

You know it's coming....

A DONKEY PUNCH!

*ducking*

Old 12-18-2010, 01:47 AM

608 posts, read 1,708,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post

I've actually been watching all the KNs over the past few weeks (never watched before) and I agree. Sometimes, it seems very forced; as if they make too big of a deal about one thing (in the beginning) and too little of a deal about another (in the end), so that they all follow the exact same f@#$ing script every single time! It gets very tiring after awhile.

Some of those restaurants were definitely salvageable (Finn McCool's, Santa La Brea), while others had no chance, even with Ramsay's help (Fiesta Sunrise, Handlebar). Then there were some where I felt as if they had a chance, but they were drowned in so much debt, that even with "success", they could still fail.

But I also felt as if the differences between the situations were downplayed in order to 'play up' their set script.

Still, I continue watching them because I love learning about businesses and I find it fascinating to see what sort of attributes tend to lead to failure. Definitely a few common themes have emerged throughout the series.

Old 12-18-2010, 06:44 AM

9,718 posts, read 6,416,073 times
Hey Donkey's another season over. I was so happy Nana won and not that cocky a&& Russell.

On another note I saw a picture of Sabrina recently and she looked nothing like she looked on the show. I know someone she works with and didn't even know it was her.

Well anywho Donkeys have a great holiday and I'll see ya all over in the Nightmare thread

Old 12-18-2010, 02:51 PM

Hi Donkeys! I'm awake after a much needed rest - but still tired! WTH is wrong with me???!!!

Man ... that Russell just twisted my panties, man. Such a jerk. I knew he was gonna pick whats her face, um ... Jillian, man. Oh, and that other beyotch Sabrina. But it was funny how even they ended up hating the big moron.

I hope GR gets some GOOD donkeys up in dat b*tch next season! It would be a nice change of pace for once - JUST ONCE - to have a contestant - or, God forbid, TWO (or even three, but that would be pushing it, I'm sure) who coul;d actually cook and be competent - and NORMAL! Of course, have the usual batch of fools, cuz we donkeys need to be entertained.

I amm interested to see what Sabrina looks like IRL. Hopefully she looks better, cuz the Ellie May hair with the flower on the side just looks silly, and the witchie-poo glasses ... ugh!

Okay, gotta get some work done, so I will see all you donkeys and madames in the KN threads and again in the HK threads next season, and here and there (I post in the CA threads a lot). Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Nappy Kwanza, and Happy New Year, ya donkeys! Now p+*&^%# off with your darn selves!!!

Old 12-19-2010, 08:07 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,465,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Okay, gotta get some work done, so I will see all you donkeys and madames in the KN threads and again in the HK threads next season, and here and there (I post in the CA threads a lot). Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Nappy Kwanza, and Happy New Year, ya donkeys! Now p+*&^%# off with your darn selves!!!
I hope you meant Happy Kwanzaa and not "Nappy Kwanzaa"!

Old 12-19-2010, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by senalj View Post
I hope you meant Happy Kwanzaa and not "Nappy Kwanzaa"!
No, no ... I actually meant "nappy".

Old 12-20-2010, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
No, no ... I actually meant "nappy".
Best slip ever!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV