Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2011, 04:18 AM

608 posts, read 1,708,381 times

Advertisements

I also think it says a lot about Natalie that the red team was winning and communicating OK when she was there; but that it completely fell apart once she left and Elise was able to dominate the team.

Natalie clearly appears to be the frontrunner right now, but it is still very early. I remember Gio looked like a frontrunner in Season 5 early on, because he had the best leadership skills, but in the later rounds, his cooking skills were a tad below some of the rest. So maybe it doesn't mean much, but she does appear to be one of the better leaders to ever be on the show. So if she can cook worth a damn, she'll be a contender.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2011, 09:51 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,531,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiderotsGhost View Post
I do think FOX goes out its way to pick people who are somewhat arrogant, but that can be OK if they know how to cook.
They also seem to be well "coached" as to how to act and react. It all seems so forced and un-natural. Not so much in service, more so all the rest of the time.

Old 07-29-2011, 03:06 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
That's probably true. I think I have the formula for winning the show.

1. Have no clue how to cook, or at least pretend like you don't.
2. Have a b*tchy attitude and treat everybody around you like crap.
3. When you are put up for elimination, cry - but just a little - to show you have a human side.
4. After being saved, vow to get even with anyone and everyone around you.
5. Half way through the season, and having survived the chopping block, by utilizing trick #3, start showing that maybe you can cook.
6. Start adjusting your 'tude and make friends with somebody on your team, even if it's faked.

I'm pretty sure this is the ticket to winning the competition. Even better if you can turn out one good wellington, a couple of good scallops, and one good pan of risotto.
That worked for Sabrina last year. At least for a little while. I honestly believe the formula is this...

1- Producers cast 1 "contraversial" contestant that they know is going to cause drama
2 - Producers toy with the idea that said contestant is going to be eliminated in "The most dramatic Hells Kitchen episode ever" (don't tell me none of ya'll have heard this at the end of EVERY episode )
3 - Producers keep said contestant " in the running" long enough to hook enough of us viewers in to the show
4 - Producers decide to cut loose said contestant and let the real contest begin

Old 07-29-2011, 05:11 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,914,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggJoe4181 View Post
That worked for Sabrina last year. At least for a little while. I honestly believe the formula is this...

1- Producers cast 1 "contraversial" contestant that they know is going to cause drama
2 - Producers toy with the idea that said contestant is going to be eliminated in "The most dramatic Hells Kitchen episode ever" (don't tell me none of ya'll have heard this at the end of EVERY episode )
3 - Producers keep said contestant " in the running" long enough to hook enough of us viewers in to the show
4 - Producers decide to cut loose said contestant and let the real contest begin
Do you mean this is just another contrived reality show???

Old 07-30-2011, 02:14 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,035,633 times
Just watched two episodes with my husband last night - the Tuesday episode from July 19th, and this past Monday's episode from July 25th. We will watch this past Tuesday (July 26) episode tonight. My husband and son were on vacation and missed those three episodes. So anyway ... I said nothing - kept my opinions to myself. My husband can't stand Elise either. He called her a "bigmouth". Looks like he's on the same wavelength as me and the rest of you donkeys!

Then he told me the reason I like the show is because of Elise. He told me that if she weren't on the show stirring up the sh*t and getting everyone riled up, it wouldn't be that interesting, and I'd have nothing to get excited about. After giving it some thought ... ... I have to concede he is correct. And that, my friends, is why I'm a DONKEY!!!

Just thought I'd share!

Old 07-30-2011, 02:18 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times
Quote:
Just watched two episodes with my husband last night - the Tuesday episode from July 19th, and this past Monday's episode from July 25th. We will watch this past Tuesday (July 26) episode tonight. My husband and son were on vacation and missed those three episodes. So anyway ... I said nothing - kept my opinions to myself. My husband can't stand Elise either. He called her a "bigmouth". Looks like he's on the same wavelength as me and the rest of you donkeys!

Then he told me the reason I like the show is because of Elise. He told me that if she weren't on the show stirring up the sh*t and getting everyone riled up, it wouldn't be that interesting, and I'd have nothing to get excited about. After giving it some thought ... ... I have to concede he is correct. And that, my friends, is why I'm a DONKEY!!!

Just thought I'd share!

He's probably right about that with the majority of us, Twink. Is his name Jack??

Old 07-31-2011, 04:14 AM

608 posts, read 1,708,381 times
Quote:
See ... I'm not sure if that's true for me.

I enjoy Master Chef, as well, and while there are some people with egos there, it lacks the 'trailer park' type drama you see on Hell's Kitchen. I even like the UK version of Kitchen Nightmares (which is now on Netflix's instant streaming); and it has more of a documentary style and is more of a 'business show' in a way. More or less, I'll watch anything with Gordon Ramsay in it.

I do think that the drama on HK is why I come to this message board to chat about it, however. Even if I enjoy Master Chef, I really have no urge to talk about it with anyone else. HK's drama turns me from a reserved, introverted guy into an outgoing gossip girl.

Old 07-31-2011, 09:44 AM

730 posts, read 2,053,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiderotsGhost View Post
See ... I'm not sure if that's true for me.

I enjoy Master Chef, as well, and while there are some people with egos there, it lacks the 'trailer park' type drama you see on Hell's Kitchen. I even like the UK version of Kitchen Nightmares (which is now on Netflix's instant streaming); and it has more of a documentary style and is more of a 'business show' in a way. More or less, I'll watch anything with Gordon Ramsay in it.

I do think that the drama on HK is why I come to this message board to chat about it, however. Even if I enjoy Master Chef, I really have no urge to talk about it with anyone else. HK's drama turns me from a reserved, introverted guy into an outgoing gossip girl.
Not to mention MasterChef has a lesser chance of repetitive challenges as opposed to Hell's Kitchen.

Old 07-31-2011, 11:39 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times
Watching HK is like watching a Jerry Springer show. You know what you are going to get!

I like watching MC and getting to "know" the individuals chefs a touch better.

I even like watching Kitchen Nightmares too, except that I sometimes have to turn away so I don't get physically ill. I swear, I don't know why I still enjoy eating out after watching KN.

Old 07-31-2011, 01:48 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,035,633 times
I like both HK (duh! ) and Kitchen Nightmares, but could never seem to get into Master Chef. Maybe it's the creepy bald guy who just leers and stares at the contestants and never says anything. I don't know.

Anyway, I am as highbrow as anybody else here who in real life would never be involved in anything remotely close to what goes on in HK, but in the privacy of my own home, I like to get down and dirty with the donkeys on HK - it's like watching a train wreck! And like our esteemed Diderot (well, his ghost, anyway) I too become a "gossip girl" - even though I'm already pretty much an extrovert in real life.

And on that note ..... I can't wait for tomorrow night!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV