Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2011, 05:40 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,458,564 times

Advertisements

Hell's B*tchen is fairly predictable, but I marvel at anyone selected for it who does not spend weeks in advance learning to make a seabass, a Wellington and a riso'o.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2011, 08:25 AM

608 posts, read 1,708,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
Hell's B*tchen is fairly predictable, but I marvel at anyone selected for it who does not spend weeks in advance learning to make a seabass, a Wellington and a riso'o.
I'm always shocked at how some of the contestants try to get away with pulling a fast one on Ramsay. It's Season 9; haven't these people seen any of the prior eight seasons or any other GR show before? Ramsay can spot things that most people would never notice in a million years.

So why on Earth did that Brendan guy try to 'recycle his fish' for Ramsay? I mean really ... why would you think you could pull that over on Ramsay and that it would go over well? That's like trying to sneak into Fort Knox wearing a trenchcoat and a pair of mustache glasses.

In one way, I felt like Chino deserved to go home more after that episode, but I couldn't pity Brendan much, because that's just plain stupid trying to pull that on GR.

Old 08-01-2011, 08:29 AM

608 posts, read 1,708,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I like both HK (duh! ) and Kitchen Nightmares, but could never seem to get into Master Chef. Maybe it's the creepy bald guy who just leers and stares at the contestants and never says anything.
Bastianich is pretty creepy.

GR can be mean-spirited and negative, but most of his comments have a lot of truth to them, and you can tell he's trying to make people better.

With Bastianich, it's almost like he enjoys being mean-spirited for the sheer sake of being mean-spirited. And then being downright creepy, to boot, doesn't help matters. I feel like he's trying to out-do Ramsay, but it doesn't work.

Old 08-01-2011, 02:22 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiderotsGhost View Post

GR can be mean-spirited and negative, but most of his comments have a lot of truth to them, and you can tell he's trying to make people better.

With Bastianich, it's almost like he enjoys being mean-spirited for the sheer sake of being mean-spirited. And then being downright creepy, to boot, doesn't help matters. I feel like he's trying to out-do Ramsay, but it doesn't work.

Ramsey is down to earth blue collar in his heart. Joe is a pompous little pr ick. I think HE thinks the culinary arts owe him because of Momma Lydia. My hubby watches her too and does not like her.

Old 08-01-2011, 05:45 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,341,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiderotsGhost View Post

Watched the last 2 episodes, what the h*ll is up with Ben and those stupid chef hats. Guy can certainly cook but that hat has got to go

Got some cocky wannabe chefs over there, the other guy who is the stay at home dad with the facial hair (can't think of his name) is a total DB.

Gotta agree with the comments on Bastianich, downright scary

Old 08-02-2011, 02:03 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,458,564 times
No discussion? What's wrong with you dawn-keys?! YOU'LL KILL SOMEONE!

What Elise doesn't get, of course, is that she is the author of her situation. When her team wins, "I won." When anyone dislikes her, they are 'throwing her under the bus' and making it personal. When she yammers nonstop to put someone else down, of course, she is not doing that. Got it.

I am motivated to an impression of Elouse:

"I am keeping it real. My strategy is to blame everyone but me! Especially Carrie and Krapa, because they have actually dared stand up to me! It is not me who made it personal; I was just telling the truth when I berated both of them into tears with a steady flow of abuse. When they fought back and refused to submit meekly to my emotional abuse, that was them making it personal! Never mind--I will beat them all! I have no idea that Ramsey would have shown my smart ass the door weeks ago if the producers would let him! Now it's time for me to play the hood card. I came from a bad place! That entitles me to be a miserable c-word! And if anyone doesn't like it, she's just jealous of me! I have this all worked out! All logic leads to blaming everyone but me, the toxic ingredient in a dysfunctional kitchen! I can never acknowledge, of course, how many mistakes my team made simply because my constant harangues rattled them! They should love me for abusing them! Why do they hate me? Never mind! I'll bury them all!"

Old 08-02-2011, 05:01 AM

10,178 posts, read 11,164,319 times
Elise - What a loser! She's there for ratings. I agree Jkk. Blame everyone else. I said the same thing last night, as I watched. She never takes fault.

Old 08-02-2011, 06:02 AM

9,718 posts, read 6,416,466 times
Elise is still a loser, but I have to give the donkey award to Krupa last night. What, you don't know the difference between veal and filet mignon

Old 08-02-2011, 06:08 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,914,217 times
I think it said ALOT about the show when even the guest JUDGES didn't realize the veal was really filet. In fact, I said to DW as Krupa was cutting the meat into cubes on the block that it really didn't look like veal.

I was surprised that Gina got the boot. I really think that both of the guys up for elimination were weaker (based on what was presented to the viewers).

This whole red team drama needs to stop. It's not even entertaining anymore. It would be one thing if they had logical discussions Either Carrie or Elyse needs to go and then see how the team dynamic works.

And how come Jennifer didn't get a new one ripped when she was sweating over the serving cart in the dining room? I recall a recent season where GR just went ape over the last person who was sprinkling the food with sweat drops (at no extra charge of course!)

Time to work... More later...

Old 08-02-2011, 06:24 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times
What was wrong with Krupa last night? She did nothing right! How can you make a great risso and then not?

I know she was flustered but that's too big of a mistake with the filet and veal. Are we sure this is not scripted? I'm not sure that any of us could even make that boo-boo!

Elise, Elise. Next time you are up there, GR will finally show you the door.

How come these people still can't cook fish?

Monterray needs to go!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV