Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2009, 01:54 PM

21 posts, read 60,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnow View Post
If GR does his TV act in any of his real kitchens would you work for him? How long do you think you could do it?
No, I don't like bullies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2009, 01:55 PM

1,747 posts, read 3,011,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
...BTW - on Monday night's DWTS they showed us on the floor at Emerald Ball. I caught a quick glimpse of me and my partner dancing!
Wow wow wow! How exciting! I semi-watched the show. Had I known you'd be on, I'd have watched more intently. Wow, folks, we have our own bona-fide celeb in our midst!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
...on Monday night my husband made us some risotto. I've never had it before. I don't think I like it.
Heh I made some risotto last week, too, because after hearing so much about it on the show, I just had to try it. I bought a boxed version with mushrooms. I'd never had risotto before and turns out I LOVED it! Was it made properly? Is boxed risotto "real" risotto? Would GR have approved? Don't know, don't care. I liked it and I'll make it again. Maybe tonight!

Old 05-07-2009, 02:46 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly Nomad View Post
Wow wow wow! How exciting! I semi-watched the show. Had I known you'd be on, I'd have watched more intently. Wow, folks, we have our own bona-fide celeb in our midst!

Heh I made some risotto last week, too, because after hearing so much about it on the show, I just had to try it. I bought a boxed version with mushrooms. I'd never had risotto before and turns out I LOVED it! Was it made properly? Is boxed risotto "real" risotto? Would GR have approved? Don't know, don't care. I liked it and I'll make it again. Maybe tonight!
Ours was boxed too. Not sure what brand. It seemed like it had prunes in it or something. Maybe dates - not sure. I just wasn't diggin' it.

I didn't know ABC was going to be taping at Emerald, but it's happened before. When you're dancing your heats you just aren't paying attention to what's going on around you. Next one is Embassy Ball. Wonder if SYTYCD will be taping.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:16 PM

Less than 2 hours, donkeys!!!!!

Old 05-07-2009, 09:18 PM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,368,879 times
uh, oh. Don't let it be Danny, don't let it!

Old 05-07-2009, 11:12 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,159,728 times
poor Paula-stuck w/Lacie! I would just have her stand there and wipe my brow.

Old 05-07-2009, 11:43 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,668,568 times
I heard this series we are watching now was filmed back in late 2007 with the previous season 4 aired in 2008. Therefore it's been a year and a half since end of filming.

Heck of a long time waiting around for a job.

Looks like the next Hell's Kitchen starts on July 21st.

Honestly at the moment I think it could go either way with Danny or Paula.

Old 05-08-2009, 05:50 AM

1,747 posts, read 3,011,282 times
Danny was really in the driver's seat for picks. He could have gone either way, really. By picking Carol, he forced Lacey on Paula. Had he picked Lacey for his team, he would have forced Carol and Andrea to work together.

Lacey, Lacey, Lacey. The haircut looks good. From the previews, it seems like it did nothing for her attitude. Or skills. Paula has her work cut out for her. Thank goodness she has LA to help.

Where were the others? Robert? Ji? Coi? Will, who never got a chance? And even Coleen, the cooking instructor? Maybe they were asked and declined the offer to return?

Anyway, if this show goes according to formula, both Lacey and Carol will have had major turnarounds and will be wonderfully productive team players without whom Paula couldn't have won... ((looks at the previews of Lacey...)) Or not .

Old 05-08-2009, 09:14 AM

8,801 posts, read 10,236,737 times
I really did not want to see Lacey back. Robert was not coming back anyway due to health reasons. They usually bring back the last 6 or so eliminated, although last season's Ben was cut before Rosann, who didn't return. And then I seem to remember in season 2 a guy cut around week 3 who came back.

I'd rather see J back than Lacey, even Seth more so.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:08 AM

Oh, you donkeys!!!

I was so hoping they'd bring Ji back! Instead we get Lacey and Carol and Andrea? The rejects???!!! Oy vey!!!

Well, next week should be pretty darn interesting.

I just knew when Danny chose a beef dish, he would be the winner last night. You have a guy making the choice - and a guy is 99% of the time going to choose a beef dish over a fish dish. It's a manly guy thing!

I think it could go either way next week. Paula has more experience than Danny and she's older. She's also a lot more humble than Danny. Danny, on the other hand is younger and probably more trainable. I am rooting for Paula, but I thought they both did pretty well last night.

I thoroughly enjoyed all the clips from the past episodes - especially the ones where use of the word "donkey" was prevalent!

That's my story ... and I'm stickin' to it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV