Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2011, 09:19 AM

6,452 posts, read 9,814,509 times

Advertisements

My wife thinks Verlin is gay after the interaction with alby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 10:31 AM

1,300 posts, read 3,603,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
My wife thinks Verlin is gay after the interaction with alby.
That was odd the way they looked at each other! It was not quite hatred like you would expect.

I'm sad Sarah is apparently gone, I liked her character and she added a good balance to the show IMO.

I feel terrible for Barb this season, she is obviously unhappy and the whole Margene was underage thing seems to have brought out her feelings that she didn't want multiple wives when Bill married Margene. Also it is weird that Margene's kids seem to never age!

Old 02-10-2011, 11:48 AM

28,100 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Does anybody else have trouble buying Ben and Heather together?
I do. They don't seem like a very good fit to me.

Old 02-10-2011, 11:07 PM

1,224 posts, read 3,374,593 times
I think Verlin was in either season one or season two, its where he hits up Alby for a good time, The scene either took place at a gas station or the outside of a divey hotel. Both Rhonda and Alby are pretty evil . I wonder if Lois is going to shoot Frank below the waist for giving her VD.

Last edited by michelleleigh; 02-10-2011 at 11:17 PM..

Old 02-14-2011, 11:54 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,325,155 times
Last night's episode was way too heavy. One of the things I have enjoyed about the first 4 seasons of Big Love is the fact that there have been ample laughs in it. There was nothing much to laugh about last night.

The writers cannot and must not drill us with intensity for the entire episode. One of the keys to the success of this show is that we can laugh at one moment and then be brought to our knees with angst in the next.

Old 02-14-2011, 03:59 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,219,158 times
Oh I thought there were some laughs.

The head senator guy offering Bill a deal "unless you have some other big catastrophy on the way" Common dude! OF COURSE THEY DO!

The picture behind Alby of some deity with the sheep - looking suspiciously like Alby lol. The Vern guy sliding down in his chair, assuming that Alby might want to deal in sex.

When they were toasting the deal - everyone toast with water but Barb who's glass had something suspiciously wine colored!

Rhonda with no baby skills whatsoever and being her standard psychotic self.

Polygamy Porter for sale in the bar

I don't think Barb's opening up to a different kind of faith is too heavy I think its great although it will be hard.
I loved Barb telling that arrogant pr*ck of an intern off.

The Church downtown is the ***** of Babylon and Catholics are Satanic (that old chesnut

Boy ol Lois didn't seem to have any confused moments this episode until she sort of snapped I didn't think it really happened that way. And Franks behavior was no surprise. Lois is probably the saddest thing.

Nikki - "that's just a dust up, sometimes you have to throw an elbow to get your needs met" OMG

Poor Cara Lynn. Why does she seem to be the only undamaged one? I can see why she would want to fly away.

Bill - "I am the Mormon Church" WOW, nothing like putting a really big statement out there - was I wrong to laugh?

I wish Barb would've just asked Nikki to give up her parental rights so her and Bill could adopt - give Nikki a taste of what it feels like.

You have to applaud Bill I guess for sticking to his principles with the Senate and LDS council. You also have to applaud Barb if she is really having some sort of religious conversion.
So....if apparently divorce...I feel bad for Barb although I could see it where she found a new faith, a new church and happiness if she can get through all this. Maybe she could take Margene with her?

If the deal is off with the Senate - they that means they will go after Bill legally again? Not just his senate seat but also as a polygamist.

This seemed like a set up episode for the final roll to craziness

Old 02-14-2011, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
Polygamy Porter for sale in the bar
There is actually a beer by that name for sale here in Utah, and it's pretty popular. The fun thing about living here in Utah and knowing the culture is that I know exactly what things are totally true, what things are partially true or exaggerated, and what things are totally false. I'm also pretty sure that I pick up on a few things that nobody else even notices.

Old 02-14-2011, 07:51 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,632,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
There is actually a beer by that name for sale here in Utah, and it's pretty popular. The fun thing about living here in Utah and knowing the culture is that I know exactly what things are totally true, what things are partially true or exaggerated, and what things are totally false. I'm also pretty sure that I pick up on a few things that nobody else even notices.
I bet you do. I'm still waiting for them to show someone eating fry sauce

Old 02-14-2011, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
I bet you do. I'm still waiting for them to show someone eating fry sauce
LOL! You must have spent some time here.

Old 02-15-2011, 06:04 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,632,725 times
No, just some LDS friends and relatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV