Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2010, 06:33 AM

433 posts, read 1,141,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&A View Post
I thought it was hilarious to see Howie jump out of his seat when that magician threw the dental floss at him LOL!
I was howling with laughter. That man has some serious OCD's. I'm trying to figure out how he got close enough to his wife to have children. hehe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2010, 08:52 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,379,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I just saw the rerun of the Utube presentation.
I think Sharon X'd that classical pianist kid just because Piers liked him.
If she did that, she's really lower than low, and I think she did that.
She tries to put on a front that she's oh, so sensitive and fair and kind, and underneath she's a shark willing to throw innocent parties into the abyss.
Ugh!
No she did not do that. She x'ed him because of his choice of pieces and said so. She and Howie were going to x one of Pier's choices (I forget now which one) just because he was x'ing theirs but in the end she couldn't do it.

Old 08-24-2010, 11:40 PM

44,593 posts, read 61,419,964 times
Well the Tuesday 8/24/ night sucked. No one really stepped it up and stood out, except maybe the flame thrower Antonio Restivo. The show was like we have already seen that act before., nothing new and like what Howie says "where's the wow factor".

Old 08-25-2010, 06:34 AM

433 posts, read 1,141,009 times
I rather like Prince Poppycock. With all his strange outfits and such he could entertain long enough to have a show. He seems like a very shy person without his makeup but when he puts it on he totally changes personality. I think Anna and Patryk are as good as older professional dancers. I love to watch them dance. I don't like watching Antonio Restivo. When he gets emotional and those eyebrows start going in different directions it just creeps me out. Michael Grimm is a wonderful singer too. I fast forwarded through quite a bit last night because some weren't that good.

Old 08-25-2010, 06:55 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,559,285 times
I like Prince Poppycock and Michael Grimm, too. Also liked the wall climbers before they got the extra two climbers. Think Arc-whatever with the lightening could do well but it doesn't hold my interest personally.

Looking forward to when those blonde girls go home.

Old 09-02-2010, 07:44 AM
Status: "Criminal not just by intent but also by action" (set 16 days ago)

938 posts, read 1,223,555 times
Default When an Angel Sings - Jackie

"Evancholly" I hope she wins. I was disappointed early with AGT but they pulled it out in stellar fashion. Who could not love this little girl? Her smile, her grace, her gentle and ever attentive personna. Oh yeah! And a great voice. Once on American Idol they did a hologramic performance where Celine Dion did a duet with Elvis. One of the great tenors of all time spent his life promoting classical music to all people and all generations to his "friends". I think it would be a wonderful tribute to her talent and to his great efforts if they might do a hologramic performance with Luciano Pavarotti and this little girl. Go on little princess show them big things do come in small packages. I know you have a ghostly admirer. Me too!

Last edited by Norm Barnes; 09-02-2010 at 07:44 AM.. Reason: Add an L in "Evancholly"

Old 09-02-2010, 04:46 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,282,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Barnes View Post
"Evancholly" I hope she wins. I was disappointed early with AGT but they pulled it out in stellar fashion. Who could not love this little girl? Her smile, her grace, her gentle and ever attentive personna. Oh yeah! And a great voice. Once on American Idol they did a hologramic performance where Celine Dion did a duet with Elvis. One of the great tenors of all time spent his life promoting classical music to all people and all generations to his "friends". I think it would be a wonderful tribute to her talent and to his great efforts if they might do a hologramic performance with Luciano Pavarotti and this little girl. Go on little princess show them big things do come in small packages. I know you have a ghostly admirer. Me too!
Here's a VERY interesting article comparing the singing style of Jackie Evancho and Sarah Brightman. Not sure I agree with the author that someone is having Jackie change her voice - especially as she's no doubt still in the process of DEFINING what her voice is. An interesting read nonetheless however.

In any event, be sure and watch the STUNNING video of Brightman - beautiful both visually and musically (of course it doesn't hurt any that Brightman is absolutely drop dead gorgeous). VERY VERY COOL. WOW!!!

Vote: Is Jackie Evancho changing her sound? | Culture Monster | Los Angeles Times

Ken

Last edited by LordBalfor; 09-02-2010 at 05:42 PM..

Old 09-03-2010, 10:10 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,379,702 times
The song Jackie sang "Time to Say Goodbye" was one Sarah Brightman and Andre Botcelli were known for. Most opera singers include it in their repertoire since it's a real show stopper.

I am not usually fond of children especially precocious ones but this little girl won my heart. She sings with feeling like she really experiences what she is singing about.

And when she said she wanted "to do something for the animals" if she won the million, she won my heart.

Other favorites are Anna and Patryck, Prince Poppycock and Fighting Gravity. I bet FG gets a Vegas offer whether they win AGT or no.

Old 09-03-2010, 10:17 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,821,949 times
Jackie is an angel, and Prince Poppycock is amazing

Old 09-04-2010, 07:24 AM

1,995 posts, read 3,371,134 times
I agree that they are both good and certainly have a better chance at winning than my favorite, Michael Grimm. Did you see the hostile body language of Piers before Michael started singing at his first audition? The last thing the show wants is for another southern young man in blue jeans to win the competition since then it won't look like a variety show. Even though I doubt if they will let him win Michael Grimm is still the only one that I would pay money to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV