Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 02:43 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,721,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
The big monkey wrench is Scott Caan. The co-star who misses a quarter of the season who reportedly gets lead status. Meanwhile look the other cops, two Asians and a African American are supporting when they have exactly the same role including personal relationships with McGarrett when Caan's "Danno", which only his daughter uses as "book em, Danno" has been dropped as a McGarrett catch phrase, is not in an episode
Scott Caan missing part of the season was a 1 year thing due to the birth of his daughter. I think that is why everyone else was pushed to the front this past season.

If I am CBS O'Loughlin and Caan are the top earners. Kim, Park, and McBride all make the same but slightly less than Alex and Scott. Wiley and Garcia make slightly less than DDK, Park, and Garcia.

That said, according to reports the difference between DDK/Park and O'Loughlin/Caan was about 10%
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2017, 11:16 PM

29,508 posts, read 22,620,513 times
So as supporting roles they got offered 5 grand less than their lead co-stars?

Boo hoo cry me a river.

Old 07-09-2017, 06:52 AM

11,758 posts, read 14,644,267 times
I think that the two stars are definitely leads, while the others are supporting actors. The most appealing aspect of the show is the chemistry between O'Loughlin and Caan. I think that's what keeps it working even when the plots are somewhat absurd.

Still, I have mixed feelings about the pay dispute. I remember on one show recently, maybe it was the Big Bang Theory, where the leads agreed to take less in order to pay some supporting actors more. I'm not sure whether to think this is a good thing or whether we should resent it because it's just an example of management playing labor off against each other.

Old 10-01-2017, 12:30 PM

130,047 posts, read 12,072,794 times
It is not the same without Chin Ho Kelly, he was my favorite character. Not sure if I will continue to watch. I thought that was a stupid episode on Friday ( arsonist )

Old 10-01-2017, 04:21 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,613,818 times
That had to be the worst episode ever on H5O. I think this will be its last season.

Old 03-28-2020, 07:33 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,299,568 times
Did anybody notice Chuck Norris in last night's episode? He wasn't on but a minute or so and I barely recognized him until he spoke.

Old 03-28-2020, 07:50 AM

11,785 posts, read 12,022,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Did anybody notice Chuck Norris in last night's episode? He wasn't on but a minute or so and I barely recognized him until he spoke.
I haven’t watched it yet and as I understand it, this was part 1 of the 2 hour series finale. Next Friday is the last episode.

Old 03-28-2020, 07:55 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,299,568 times
I'm curious if they're going to kill Steve off or have him ride into the sunset. I liked the Lincoln character and was thinking I would love for him & Danny to become partners.

Old 03-28-2020, 08:33 AM

11,758 posts, read 14,644,267 times
It's been clear for a while that they have been developing a plot line about Steve getting burned out, so from that perspective it's not surprising that they're ending it.

On the other hand, the delivery of that coded message seemed more like the beginning of a new story arc than something you would see at the very end.

We'll survive without it.

Old 03-28-2020, 09:13 PM

12,383 posts, read 8,136,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I'm curious if they're going to kill Steve off or have him ride into the sunset. I liked the Lincoln character and was thinking I would love for him & Danny to become partners.
I think he was at about 12 years as a SEAL and Naval Intelligence officer almost all of it during wartime post 911 and went straight into 5-0 for 10 years and still a tactical officer. he is well past the accept higher rank desk job or retire point for most. I don't think most shows would kill off the lead as a going out episode. And in this case with Magnum PI in the same universe with many of the reoccurring cast on both shows I doubt they kill Steve but have him retire or just take an ope ended leave.

However Magnum in the original Magnum PI finale before it CBS brought back for an additional season. Phil Coulson on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. before ABC forced two more seasons were killed in finales. Commander Raydor was killed off of Major Crimes surprising everyone by doing it a couple of episodes before the end and Sergeant Cruz as part of an ensemble cast went suicide bomber on Third Watch

Given the actor's and character's physical impairments acquired over the years if the show continued Alex O'Lauglin probably would have been more Jack Lord than super SEAL as the new Marine who got the penultimate episode as a consultation prize for series regular status doing the crazy stuff. I guess Beulah Koale as Junior Reigns, the junior SEAL just did not have the "he's it" audience appeal to take over as the crazy action guy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV