Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2010, 01:33 PM

18,468 posts, read 31,635,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnMist View Post
Bristol has overstayed by at least several weeks. I chalked a lot of why she's been consistently safe to 'she's a kid and everyone is giving her another chance', but she really turned me off with her negative comments last night. I'm guessing she didn't make any friends with her 'I'm not fake. I'm not Hollywood.' remarks and I was surprised to read that she told 'E' that Maks doesn't like her. IMO we're starting to see tidbits of the real Bristol and it's not the sweet girl we expected.

Wait, wait, wait, tell me more, tell me more......

Maks does not like her....????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2010, 01:45 PM

93 posts, read 164,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Now, Bristol really needs to go tonight, if she doesn't, it will be a slap in the face to the others who are really dancing well. DWTS is a popularity contest.......not a charity event.
Fixed that for you.

I read somewhere (can't remember where) that Bristol's fan support is so huge (nobody else comes close) that she needs to get killed by the judges to get eliminated. Meaning the gap between her and the next place person has to be so huge that the fan support can't overcome it. The point was made that this was highlighted the week both Florence Henderson and Audriana were eliminated.

Old 11-16-2010, 01:53 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,592,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cityslick View Post
I read somewhere (can't remember where) that Bristol's fan support is so huge (nobody else comes close) that she needs to get killed by the judges to get eliminated. Meaning the gap between her and the next place person has to be so huge that the fan support can't overcome it. The point was made that this was highlighted the week both Florence Henderson and Audriana were eliminated.
Ya, that's definitely how it seems and what I was getting at in my mega-post above. I have to think that the judges will find it a travesty if Bristol stays and any of the other three leave - yet they lavished her with praise last night! I'm really thinking Kyle is going tonight and that will be such a shame I know I about Jen but it would be even worse if she or Brandy left tonight and Bristol stayed.

Old 11-16-2010, 01:55 PM

107 posts, read 240,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Wait, wait, wait, tell me more, tell me more......

Maks does not like her....????
That's what I read, but I erred in saying 'E'. It was 'In Touch' and you can read it at Huffington Post on the Entertainment page. *Nowhere* have I seen that Maks made any comment (or insinuated) whatsoever about Bristol and that she should/should not be there, so Bristol's comment about Maks puts her in even more of a negative light. Coupled with her 'I'm not fake, etc.' statements last night it's hard to see anything positive there. I sincerely hope she is not in the finals, and that's because the others have worked JUST AS HARD as Bristol has and THEY"RE BETTER.

Old 11-16-2010, 01:59 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,320,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
Oh well, maybe that will change after J-Lo arrives.
J-Lo arrives on American Idol, but I never heard about her coming to DWTS

Old 11-16-2010, 02:00 PM

107 posts, read 240,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
Ya, that's definitely how it seems and what I was getting at in my mega-post above. I have to think that the judges will find it a travesty if Bristol stays and any of the other three leave - yet they lavished her with praise last night! I'm really thinking Kyle is going tonight and that will be such a shame I know I about Jen but it would be even worse if she or Brandy left tonight and Bristol stayed.
According to dialidol.com (which means nothing) Jennifer and Derek got the least amount of votes, with Maks and Brandy third and Kyle and Lacey first. But they've been wrong every week so far. I've found it odd that other weeks, too, the judges heaped praise on Bristol while giving mediocre or negative comments to better dancers. Makes you wonder. Just curious, but have any democrats been invited to 'star' on this show - I use the term 'star' loosely because neither Tom Delay nor Bristol Palin, IMO, fit that bill.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:16 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
100% this^^^^^

Bristol (or her mother's loyalists ) may take Kyle down tonight but if Jennifer or Brandy leave before Bristol....

Old 11-16-2010, 02:52 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
I keep telling myself that as dancers are eliminated, their votes will go to someone other than Bristol and will tip the scales enough to oust Bristol.

PLEASE.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:59 PM

977 posts, read 1,109,517 times
Hi, you all! I've been reading your postings and enjoy what you have to say. I didn't start watching DWTS until last season, but sure do like it! I am sorry that popularity or politics seem to have such an effect on who stays and who goes.

I was kinda amazed by last night's show---the dancing was very good, it seemed to me. Even Bristol did better! I do hope she goes tonight, tho', because the other 3 are so much better that they deserve to be in the finals. She should have been voted off long ago, IMO. I will be pretty upset if she stays tonight!

I think Brandy is a beautiful dancer---so lovely to watch. I remember her waltz, I think it was, when she and Max were both dressed in white. She was so fluid and graceful, and her lines were elegant. I'd love to see her win, partially because she really seems to want to. (and deserves to) However, I think both Jennifer and Kyle are doing so well, it's hard to call.

I am 59, so when Jen was moaning about the pain---believe me--I could identify with her, even tho' she's still younger than I am. Seems my friends and I started falling apart after the big "M"--the spirit might be willing, but the flesh is weak---for sure!!! So guess I don't hold that against her, even tho' it's not pleasant to listen to. And to do the show with her neck so badly injured, kinda risky I think. Is it really worth it?

Kyle is good, and really funny. I enjoy him a lot. So I suppose if any of those 3 won I wouldn't be upset. Just NOT Bristol!!!!!

Old 11-16-2010, 03:59 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
J-Lo arrives on American Idol, but I never heard about her coming to DWTS

I think that poster must have been confused. You are correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV