Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2010, 08:31 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,481,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Should be some interesting remarks this week....some AXEHOLE sent an envelope full of white powdre to the Studio addressed to Bristol.....Turned out to be talcum powder but stilll....keep the f'n politics out of DWTS.
I agree!

Politics aside I think that when the show gets down, each season, to the final four it becomes very difficult to see the stars voted off. By that point each of them bring something to the show.

All in all, I really enjoy the show and appreciate all of the hard work that everyone puts into their dance routines. It is, for the most part, a clean family show and those are hard to find these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2010, 08:44 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,586,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta View Post
True. This thread has not been merged with another. There are, however, many deleted posts that are off topic, etc.
I noticed Hey, we're just trying to help you earn the hardest working volunteer mod award this month

Haven't been catching the late night shows so it's fun to hear some of the updates here.

Any of you planning on watching the skating with the stars show? That sounds like it will be a disaster with plenty of opportunity for really bloody injuries

Anyone know if these contestants (for dancing/skating) have to pass a physical or sign a release in order to participate?

BTW, back to another of my favorite topics...Jen...she might not have kept up with her dancing but clearly she does yoga or some kind of stretching and aerobics. I'm hyper-flexible and younger than she is and even I couldn't just walk into a week of training and end up doing a full standing split like she did the other week. Just sayin' - it's not like she's been a couch potato and suddenly blossomed after decades of inactivity - not only does she have some natural ability/rhythm but she has experience training her body and controlling how she moves.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:33 AM

2,119 posts, read 4,166,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
I noticed Hey, we're just trying to help you earn the hardest working volunteer mod award this month

Haven't been catching the late night shows so it's fun to hear some of the updates here.

Any of you planning on watching the skating with the stars show? That sounds like it will be a disaster with plenty of opportunity for really bloody injuries

Anyone know if these contestants (for dancing/skating) have to pass a physical or sign a release in order to participate?

BTW, back to another of my favorite topics...Jen...she might not have kept up with her dancing but clearly she does yoga or some kind of stretching and aerobics. I'm hyper-flexible and younger than she is and even I couldn't just walk into a week of training and end up doing a full standing split like she did the other week. Just sayin' - it's not like she's been a couch potato and suddenly blossomed after decades of inactivity - not only does she have some natural ability/rhythm but she has experience training her body and controlling how she moves.
I like Jennifer too however she has paid a good plastic surgeon to look like she does however she is in shape for sure!

Old 11-20-2010, 10:27 AM

363 posts, read 583,106 times
Nope, no plans to watch Skating with the Stars. Just watching DWTS is hard enough when one is early to bed and early to rise. SWTS sounds much more hazardous than DWTS.

Making a bet with myself that the last 2 episodes of DWTS will have the highest ratings yet. (And a side bet that next year's show will have some kind of adjustment to the voting system. )

Old 11-20-2010, 10:32 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Should be some interesting remarks this week....some AXEHOLE sent an envelope full of white powdre to the Studio addressed to Bristol.....Turned out to be talcum powder but stilll....keep the f'n politics out of DWTS.

YRW, toos. I don't watch the late shows much anymore either, I had just tuned in to see Garth Brooks and had to wait until The Situation was through to hear Garth sing.

Now that is pushing things to an extreme with the talcum powder. Was it from Wisconsin?

The producers of DWTS sure made a huge mistake asking Bristol to be on this year's show. They had to have known Bristol would be a powder keg. WTH do they care though. All they care about is ratings and they sure have gotten them, haven't they? While fracturing an already fractured country. *sigh*

Yes, I plan on watching at least the first eppie of SWTS.

Hey, Beretta, do my reps for all the posts of mine that you deleted still count? BTW, TYVM....NOT.

Last edited by tamiznluv; 11-20-2010 at 10:42 AM..

Old 11-20-2010, 10:50 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
YRW, toos. I don't watch the late shows much anymore either, I had just tuned in to see Garth Brooks and had to wait until The Situation was through to hear Garth sing.

Now that is pushing things to an extreme with the talcum powder. Was it from Wisconsin?

The producers of DWTS sure made a huge mistake asking Bristol to be on this year's show. They had to have known Bristol would be a powder keg. WTH do they care though. All they care about is ratings and they sure have gotten them, haven't they? While fracturing an already fractured country. *sigh*

Yes, I plan on watching at least the first eppie of SWTS.
I'm sure the DWTS producers thought that their ratings would be great by having Bristol on especially with the curiousity factor. But I doubt that they saw the voting controversy coming

I still say that in order to not politicize Bristol's participation in the show, the producers should have limited the amount of times that Sarah Palin showed her mug on the show (especially in the taped pieces) considering how polarizing her presence tends to be. It would have been really touching to see her father and siblings in the taped pieces giving her support vs her mom yelling "You have to DOMINATE Bristol, DOMINATE"

I truly believe that Bristol squandered an opportunity to show maturity and versatility which could have led to offers for other projects in Hollywood.

But with all of that being said, I still do not understand how someone got so mad that they sent a "suspicious powdery substance" in protest to Bristol being in the finals.....that is disturbing.

Old 11-20-2010, 11:20 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,586,547 times
Lion, I bet your 2 predictions are right on the money!
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I truly believe that Bristol squandered an opportunity to show maturity and versatility which could have led to offers for other projects in Hollywood.
I agree with the first part...she was doing so great but couldn't keep up the charade for the whole season LOL. I still can imagine this leading to more opportunities for her, though. Like Tami alluded - she is a lightening rod (and that sells in TV). I could see Bristol and Willow parlaying this into their own reality show - ala the Kardashians and the spin-off.

Old 11-20-2010, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I'm sure the DWTS producers thought that their ratings would be great by having Bristol on especially with the curiousity factor. But I doubt that they saw the voting controversy coming

I still say that in order to not politicize Bristol's participation in the show, the producers should have limited the amount of times that Sarah Palin showed her mug on the show (especially in the taped pieces) considering how polarizing her presence tends to be. It would have been really touching to see her father and siblings in the taped pieces giving her support vs her mom yelling "You have to DOMINATE Bristol, DOMINATE"

But with all of that being said, I still do not understand how someone got so mad that they sent a "suspicious powdery substance" in protest to Bristol being in the finals.....that is disturbing.
I don't think the producers or the network saw the voting debacle coming either.

Yes, they should have clamped a lid on Momma Plain for sure instead of giving her free airtime which is thinly veiled campaining IMO.

Yes again on Bristol squandering an opportunity to "became herself" and get some validity to her "cause". Which is what again? "Abstinance DOESN'T work"???

There are plenty, too many, kooks out there and something like this will either fuel their fire or send them over the edge I think.

Oh no, toos! More Palin tv??? Bite your fingers!!!! lol

Old 11-20-2010, 11:49 AM

2,747 posts, read 465,231 times
After all is said and done about the Bristol issue, I have always wanted Derek and Jen to win this year anyway. They were my faves from the beginning and still are. I know Derek wins a lot, but it also must say something for him, that he's able to pull that off all the time. Sorry if I did something wrong to get my posts deleted, I'm new at this, didn't think I said anything wrong.

Old 11-20-2010, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrthwdswmn View Post
After all is said and done about the Bristol issue, I have always wanted Derek and Jen to win this year anyway. They were my faves from the beginning and still are. I know Derek wins a lot, but it also must say something for him, that he's able to pull that off all the time. Sorry if I did something wrong to get my posts deleted, I'm new at this, didn't think I said anything wrong.

Be assured you did not say anything wrong, we all were going with the new flow and was a no-no according to TPTB. Selective is a "nice" word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV