Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2010, 10:28 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,345,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cityslick View Post
I find it interesting that most would vote for Kyle than Jenn, who is technically the better dancer. Once again proving that dancing itself comes second to popularity. I can see Kyle doing a better freestyle (usually the best one determines the winner) for some reason.

A fair point. I would really like to see Kyle win now, though I acknowledge he isn't a "better" dancer than Jennifer...but I would argue that he is "most improved", and some people use that as their voting yardstick.

Derek has won twice...I wouldn't feel that bad about "denying" him a third mirror ball if it meant that Kyle and Lacey win. By the way, I really am looking forward to his free style -- remember when Lacey told Brooke (in one of those "scintillating" backstage interviews ) about their freestyle: "you have NO idea!!" I'm sure it will be fast -- like a jive or something else where Kyle can really move and show his personality.

But yes...I am in the "anybody BUT Bristol" camp, for sure!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2010, 11:03 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,179,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfancier View Post
A fair point. I would really like to see Kyle win now, though I acknowledge he isn't a "better" dancer than Jennifer...but I would argue that he is "most improved", and some people use that as their voting yardstick.

Derek has won twice...I wouldn't feel that bad about "denying" him a third mirror ball if it meant that Kyle and Lacey win. By the way, I really am looking forward to his free style -- remember when Lacey told Brooke (in one of those "scintillating" backstage interviews ) about their freestyle: "you have NO idea!!" I'm sure it will be fast -- like a jive or something else where Kyle can really move and show his personality.

But yes...I am in the "anybody BUT Bristol" camp, for sure!!!

Isn't that the yardstick it's supposed to be?? Most improved? Gee, all this time that's what I've been going by! Silly me. I can not wait to see Kyle's freestyle tomorrow night. That kid can move. I was glad to see he's lost 18 lbs, goodgal. Thank you for sharing that. He must've been seriously overweight to begin with. LOL, I'd be interested in Bristol's begining weight and her end weight. To my eyes, it looks like she's gained weight! How can that be? I know, I know.

I'm in camp with you, cat. I'd think anyone with eyes would be too.

Old 11-21-2010, 11:07 AM

2,119 posts, read 4,165,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Isn't that the yardstick it's supposed to be?? Most improved? Gee, all this time that's what I've been going by! Silly me. I can not wait to see Kyle's freestyle tomorrow night. That kid can move. I was glad to see he's lost 18 lbs, goodgal. Thank you for sharing that. He must've been seriously overweight to begin with. LOL, I'd be interested in Bristol's begining weight and her end weight. To my eyes, it looks like she's gained weight! How can that be? I know, I know.

I'm in camp with you, cat. I'd think anyone with eyes would be too.
In the article I read Bristol nor Brandy had a weight change. Not sure how it is possible unless both usually had active lifestyles. Kyle says he wants to keep up with the weight loss as did Kelly Osbourne. He is enjoying looking in the mirror according to Lacey!

Old 11-21-2010, 10:43 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,977,588 times
Thought I'd stop back for lil bit.

Well....I just hope Jennifer or Kyle win.

I will vote for Jennifer

As I mentioned I never really watch this show, my mom is a faithful viewer and had me watch it past 2 weeks because of the unfairness.

I had heard when the show was going off the TV there was boo-ing in the audience & that the TV cut that out on the viewers.

I think just one vote should count and whatever is done for repeated votes should not be allowed, either by computer or however its being done, that tech stuff is way over my head.

Yes the phone lines were busy when I called, I think it took me 15 minutes of busy signals to finally vote.

I heard a comedian mentioned he would vote for Palin because of all the jokes the comedians will make because of this. ( I can understand that )

Anyway I still believe this is all political, I don't think Bristol has a mind of her own and her mother is an embarrassment to the women in this country.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:01 AM

Anyone getting sick of Brandy being a sore loser? Maybe Maks attitude was why they were voted off. Even if they had stayed on I still think it would have come down to Jennifer or Kyle. If they stuck around and still didn't win we'd see even more of her whining. Enough already geeeeeeeeeez

Old 11-22-2010, 07:16 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,179,032 times
In the new issue of TVguide I see even they thought Brandy and Maks would still be around for the finals. I wonder if they'll have an editorial next week on this debauchal.

I bet tonight's show will have mega millions watching because of all the hoopla going on. Good for ABC ratings, wouldn't you say? It's false ratings though, people who watch just out of curiosity won't be tuning in next season. IF there is a next season after this crap.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
In the new issue of TVguide I see even they thought Brandy and Maks would still be around for the finals. I wonder if they'll have an editorial next week on this debauchal.

I bet tonight's show will have mega millions watching because of all the hoopla going on. Good for ABC ratings, wouldn't you say? It's false ratings though, people who watch just out of curiosity won't be tuning in next season. IF there is a next season after this crap.
Oh there will be a next season and a next...This reminds me of the Bachelor show. Every season people say it is the last time they will watch and the last 3 seasons have been bigger than ever due to past scandals so DWTS will be around a long time. ABC knows how to draw ratings!

Old 11-22-2010, 07:48 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,582,625 times
Of all times, I have a meeting Tuesday night and might miss some or all of the results Usually I skip most of the result show anyway but was looking forward to this one for all the drama

Which drinking game would get someone trashed faster...
1. take a shot every time they show Derek rocking Jen like a baby
2. take a shot every time they pan to Bristol and she has a blank stare

Old 11-22-2010, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
Of all times, I have a meeting Tuesday night and might miss some or all of the results Usually I skip most of the result show anyway but was looking forward to this one for all the drama

Which drinking game would get someone trashed faster...
1. take a shot every time they show Derek rocking Jen like a baby
2. take a shot every time they pan to Bristol and she has a blank stare
#3. take a shot every time the camera pans to Brooke Burke looking like she is the main attraction

Old 11-22-2010, 08:37 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,582,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
#3. take a shot every time the camera pans to Brooke Burke looking like she is the main attraction
Seriously - I half expect to see her wearing her mirror ball trophy like a crown some night!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV