Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2010, 06:51 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
I don't get this show. Why would you watch people that can't dance in a dance competition?
So You Think You Can Dance is far superior to DWTS. What's next a singing competition with contestants that can't sing?................oops to late!
Think of it this way: They are trying to make ballroom dancing cool again, by showing that anyone can learn to do it if they take lessons and apply themselves. Ballroom dancing is growing in popularity thanks to DWTS. When they bring back the old Gene Kelly type movies we'll know the sports/craft of ballroom dancing has reached its second great peak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 06:56 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,106,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn07 View Post
I've been rooting for Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough since this season of DWTS began- I so hope they win.

It will be a complete joke if Bristol Palin wins.
I saw a little clip this morning of Jennifer Grey dancing.

Seriously, she's gotta win!...

Old 11-23-2010, 07:16 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times
Bristol Palin on if she wins....."It'd be a big middle finger to all those that hate my Mom and me."

Bristol, nobody hated you in the begining but some surley do now because of your big, fat mouth.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:29 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,785,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Bristol Palin on if she wins....."It'd be a big middle finger to all those that hate my Mom and me."

Bristol, nobody hated you in the begining but some surley do now because of your big, fat mouth.
Tami, you are so restrained darling. LMAO.......love how you roll baby!!!

Old 11-23-2010, 07:49 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,880,776 times
She said that? Wow, I never hated her, she seemed sweet and you can't blame someone for who their parents are. But maybe she is not showing good judgement in saying that. I would only be upset if she won if it was due to her mom's influence.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:54 PM

1,765 posts, read 4,347,074 times
Quote:

I couldn't quite figure out what she said at the beginning of the show...I just caught the last part of "all those that hate my mom and hate me."

So she said "the middle finger" to that?? Interesting.

And I still can't quite figure out how wanting someone else to win means you're a "hater" of Bristol's...but I guess that's how they think in that family!

Old 11-23-2010, 08:00 PM

93 posts, read 163,970 times
I would think blowing up a tv and sending powder to the studio would indicate there is some form of hate out there.

This isn't about just wanting someone else to win, everyone knows that.

Old 11-23-2010, 08:02 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:

Just a few observations based on things that have come to light due to Bristol's DWTS gig....

Miss Bristol has a major chip on her shoulder which makes her seem a lot more bitter and pessimistic than someone her age should be.....

FB and Twitter are not her friends (she needs to take a lesson from the Bush twins or the Obama girls)

If her mom is really serious about seeking higher political office then she needs to arrange a boot camp to give her family a bit of "polish". You can't buy "class" like its a Gucci bag....her girls (and the rest) need some major coaching.

With Bristol's flat (or blunted) affect and lack of personality she needs to do some serious work to improve upon her social interaction skills. Each and every time they show the taped rehearsal bits, Bristol is always standing around like a "stick in the mud" like she's "above it all."

Old 11-23-2010, 08:08 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,228,513 times
Well, so far they've brought two past dancers who were voted off, and both far surpassed Bristol w/ dancing talent. She started out as a sweet, scared young lady. Now, she seems to be getting coaching and is lashing out. Sure it's a popularity vote, but voters should also be looking at talent, not just someone they like.

Old 11-23-2010, 08:14 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,228,513 times
Quote:

That just shows the "class" of this family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV