Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 09:43 AM

10,179 posts, read 11,159,885 times

Advertisements

I couldn't get passed the first episode. I tried to watch it 2 times and honestly got bored.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2010, 10:48 PM

2,611 posts, read 3,588,681 times
I really liked the first episode, but the second was subpar. Why haven't they changed clothes? Haven't they had like 2 or 3 dinners already? The homosexual innuendos was between the mental patient and the young blonde girl, a little like single white female vibe going on there. Why is the hotel manager being so "happy" to play a manager? If he's like one of them, the strangers, like he told them early on, then why play manager, why not try to find a way out like the rest?

Also didn't like the girl wasted the bullets of the gun, she should have saved it to use on something else. Maybe next time she gets locked in a room, instead of looking for a nail, she could have used her gun. Things like that upset me and make it that it's not on the same level of intelligence as LOST.

Old 06-17-2010, 11:25 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,247,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j96g View Post
I really liked the first episode, but the second was subpar. Why haven't they changed clothes? Haven't they had like 2 or 3 dinners already? The homosexual innuendos was between the mental patient and the young blonde girl, a little like single white female vibe going on there. Why is the hotel manager being so "happy" to play a manager? If he's like one of them, the strangers, like he told them early on, then why play manager, why not try to find a way out like the rest?

Also didn't like the girl wasted the bullets of the gun, she should have saved it to use on something else. Maybe next time she gets locked in a room, instead of looking for a nail, she could have used her gun. Things like that upset me and make it that it's not on the same level of intelligence as LOST.
They had their second dinner in the second episode, as far as I can figure. I don't think they had any other clothes yet. Raiding the clothes store wasn't yet on the to do list.

The hotel manager is creepy. I have to watch the episode again, may try onlike without severe weather reports, but I have to continue to think on him. At the end he was greeting them all over again. Makes me wonder if he IS really human. ????

The bullets? I think she was making a point to whoever is watching. She wasn't going to play. The most interesting part was after she left, the light reassembled itself. And that phone call? We've already seen the grandmother and her daughter are being watched.

It's clearly a study of something, and they are the labrats. But by whom, for what we'll get to see hints. The second wasn't as compelling as the first, but much more so than any of the competition.

Old 06-18-2010, 06:33 AM

3,872 posts, read 8,708,537 times
Quote:

They didn't come w/ luggage, so what were they supposed to change in? They hadn't gone in the clothing store yet, and at this time, only the crazy lady and spoiled brat have been in it. So only they have changed clothes.

They've had 2 dinners so far - 1 each episode.

Apparently we have different views of what construes homosexuality. I don't see a friendship between the two women as making either of them gay.

The manager is something more than what he says.

It's not Lost, nor is it trying to be. Different show, different network, different storyline.

Oh, and I think the crazy woman is a spy for the other side. She knows too much about everything.

Last edited by NicoleJ; 06-18-2010 at 06:46 AM..

Old 06-18-2010, 07:30 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times
My first reaction to the lady in the robe was also that she was one of "them", whoever "they" are. I'm with you, Nicole, about the ladies.

The manager just ran through the electric "fence" when he was fleeing the car salesman and the married guy. The married guy almost got fried! So he HAS to be one of "them".

Can't wait to find out the "who and why". I sure hope we get the answer.

Old 06-18-2010, 10:40 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,095,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post
They didn't come w/ luggage, so what were they supposed to change in? They hadn't gone in the clothing store yet, and at this time, only the crazy lady and spoiled brat have been in it. So only they have changed clothes.

Apparently we have different views of what construes homosexuality. I don't see a friendship between the two women as making either of them gay.

It's not Lost, nor is it trying to be. Different show, different network, different storyline.

Oh, and I think the crazy woman is a spy for the other side. She knows too much about everything.

Hence the word innuendo. Obvioulsy the manager is one of them, he was able to run right through the force field.

Old 06-18-2010, 10:12 PM

2,611 posts, read 3,588,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
My first reaction to the lady in the robe was also that she was one of "them", whoever "they" are. I'm with you, Nicole, about the ladies.
The manager just ran through the electric "fence" when he was fleeing the car salesman and the married guy. The married guy almost got fried! So he HAS to be one of "them".

Can't wait to find out the "who and why". I sure hope we get the answer.
What I meant about the clothes, was that they obviously saw the girls return with new clothes on them and didn't think they should at least change. I didn't think of the sexual innuendos, but someone earlier asked about them, so when I thought back on the episode, I remembered it seemed the mental patient was a little too close to the blonde girl. The blonde girl even thought the mental patient had some sort of little crush on her when she asked her, did YOU give me the gift? Did you come into my room and leave it here, you seem to know alot about it? I mean, if you start getting "gifts" from someone after meeting them for a day, wouldn't you think that person might have a little crush on you? Not that the mental patient left a gift, but the blonde girl sure thought that she had left her a gift. Anyways, let's see what episode 3 brings.

Old 06-18-2010, 10:28 PM

2,557 posts, read 2,215,987 times
Not the best series I've ever seen, but interesting enough to keep me watching.

What's up with the Marine's uniform? Guess the costume department kind of guessed as to what insignia should go on there?

Old 06-19-2010, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater View Post
Not the best series I've ever seen, but interesting enough to keep me watching.

What's up with the Marine's uniform? Guess the costume department kind of guessed as to what insignia should go on there?
The military does not allow real military patches worn on tv. They are always changed in some way. Often the colors are reversed.

I agree, it is certainly one I look forward to watching. It actually reminds me of the Prisoner quite a bit.

Old 06-19-2010, 04:39 AM

Quote:
What I meant about the clothes, was that they obviously saw the girls return with new clothes on them and didn't think they should at least change. I didn't think of the sexual innuendos, but someone earlier asked about them, so when I thought back on the episode, I remembered it seemed the mental patient was a little too close to the blonde girl. The blonde girl even thought the mental patient had some sort of little crush on her when she asked her, did YOU give me the gift? Did you come into my room and leave it here, you seem to know alot about it? I mean, if you start getting "gifts" from someone after meeting them for a day, wouldn't you think that person might have a little crush on you? Not that the mental patient left a gift, but the blonde girl sure thought that she had left her a gift. Anyways, let's see what episode 3 brings.
I wouldn't be surprised if eventually they do a clothes raid. But at the time, they had just returned from discovering they were ringed with a microwave oven and it was late in the afternoon. Clothes were not the number one thing on their mind. And its only been two days. Give them longer and it might be important. Right then, getting out is what matters.

And what's the problem with a woman giving another woman a gift? Why do people automaticly think "sexual" when two people seem to click as friends? I see nothing between these two which is sexual. They just happen to like each other.

I'd say in their circumstances the rules are all tossed out of the window. Finding a friend would be a really cool thing there. (though with the word EXPERIMENT suggested so strongly, maybe in the end it will not be)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV