Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2011, 05:38 PM

2 posts, read 8,070 times

Advertisements

I am in my mid 30's and husband is late 40's, we have. 4 year old and 2 year old. We decided to rent the first year and ended up getting a house in the green accres area is there an area we should really look into once we decide to buy? Any suggestions on day cares? Things to do with the kids. Also what is the YMCA like? We were heavily involeved in the one in mckinney and are curious if it's good; I also saw that they have a day care center.
Any feedback or info on the area would be great! We've been transferred there and will be living there officially in mid august
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2011, 11:14 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,991,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletcher_mom View Post
I am in my mid 30's and husband is late 40's, we have. 4 year old and 2 year old. We decided to rent the first year and ended up getting a house in the green accres area is there an area we should really look into once we decide to buy? Any suggestions on day cares? Things to do with the kids. Also what is the YMCA like? We were heavily involeved in the one in mckinney and are curious if it's good; I also saw that they have a day care center.
Any feedback or info on the area would be great! We've been transferred there and will be living there officially in mid august
Its always nice seeing some pull from the D/FW area.

Welcome to Tyler!

Old 07-25-2011, 11:49 PM

6,695 posts, read 9,946,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Its always nice seeing some pull from the D/FW area.

Welcome to Tyler!
We're still gonna have more people. HA HA HA HA HA Tyler is equivalent to a small suburban city in DFW.

Old 07-25-2011, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
We're still gonna have more people. HA HA HA HA HA Tyler is equivalent to a small suburban city in DFW.
Tyler is equivalent to Denton which is decent size.

Old 07-25-2011, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Tyler is equivalent to Denton which is decent size.
Denton is bigger than Tyler.

Old 07-26-2011, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Denton is bigger than Tyler.
Ok maybe Lewisville or Richardson was a better comparison city wise.

Metro wise Tyler is the size of Garland or Irving.

Old 07-26-2011, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Ok maybe Lewisville or Richardson was a better comparison city wise.

Metro wise Tyler is the size of Garland or Irving.
oh ok.

Old 07-26-2011, 02:33 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,084,282 times
Geez. On Topic you two.

Yes, welcome to Tyler.

How do you like Green Acres? Lived there on Jan Avenue for 30 years. The area is still holding its value, you anr close to everything and miss much of the South Tyler traffice outside the loop.

Have you looked at prices of other areas? Go to realtor.com and put in zip code 75701 or 75703. 75701 is inside the loop and older than 75703 which is outside and newer. Enter your price range and just drive by these places. Get a city map for free at the Chamber of Commerce downtown.

The YMCA downtown has been recently, last 5 years, updated. But may be pretty crowded.

The Caldwell Zoo is really nice. Thousands come down/over from the DFW Area. Several have sent positive comments on the zoo to be printed in the Tyler paper. One comment was "please keep the zoo a secret". lol It's a nice size really nice and NOT crowded. Oh, has a petting "zoo" area, a bird section where you can feed the birds by use of a "food stick". You know land on your hand/stick/arm and feed off the stick.

The Discovery Musem downtown is really a nice trip for the two kids.
The Brookshire WildLife Musem and old country store on the grounds of the Brookshire Central Headquarters in Tyler on the Old Jacksonville Highway is really neat for all ages.

The Villages Water Resort on Highway 155 South on Lake Palestine is a good choice. at 15 miles out.

Not too many people with children your age, or children at all for that matter, are on city-data forum for, but maybe someone will add other attractions. There's a Childrens Performing Arts Group at the Theater in the Round at the Rose Garden Complex. The Rose Garden maybe of interest too. Musem onsite too. A Childrens Garden on South Broadway at, can't remember the street name, next to Hogg School same side, East, of Broadway. One light south of Houston Street light.

I'm a former realestate broker, not active, no license, no money to be made on my part. But if you want to ask for more information on anything just contact me directly. Info on Tyler is my main hobbies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler