U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2012, 08:58 AM

3 posts, read 9,671 times

Advertisements

Hello everybody! I'll be moving to Tyler, TX soon in mid-spring from a small town in Wisconsin, and have been looking for apartments in the area. I've checked out Autumn Glen apartments.

Does anybody have any experiences with that apartment complex/area? What is the crime rate around that area. I'll be happy to hear about any other suggestions of nice apartments in nicer areas of Tyler. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2012, 11:41 AM

1,553 posts, read 2,192,848 times
Aww...what a blast from the past!!! I lived in Autumn Glen when I was going to graduate school in Tyler from 1992 to 1995. Back then, they were super nice and cute, and in a very safe area - I even made friends with my neighbors and am still in touch with one of them! They're still in a safe, convenient area but I have no idea about the upkeep of the apartments themselves because I haven't been back into them since I left. But the area is still convenient to everything and surrounded by safe housing.

Old 01-17-2012, 01:29 PM

That's pretty cool that you went down there for graduate school! Oddly enough, that's what I'm are going down there for, as the wife is going for graduate school there, (currently in Varisity apartments :S??). So we're both looking to move to a nicer complex. Thanks for the comment, it sounds like a good place to live.

Old 01-17-2012, 10:38 PM

1,434 posts, read 1,539,958 times
they just had a fire there a week ago, and their management is the same one that manages the complex where im living in--and coincidentally our complex had a fire on the same day. i can only say you would NOT be happy with how they are handling the victims of the fire (speaking from experience).

you might want to make reservations for hunter's glen apartments way ahead--they're always fully booked as they're one of the best complexes in town.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:10 AM

1,553 posts, read 2,192,848 times
Yep, grew up about 25 miles outside Tyler, went away for college, came back for graduate school, then left again. I really enjoy Tyler and it has grown sooooo much!!!

Old 01-18-2012, 10:22 AM

Thanks for the update on the fire. I didn't know that :S. I took a look at Hunter's Glen, and it seems more reasonable with cheaper prices for larger space. Is there any other places you'd recommend in Tyler?

Old 01-19-2012, 01:47 PM

2,148 posts, read 2,845,280 times
The Hudson next to Hunters Glen should be a good choice as well. Let me see, The Mansions, garages many floor plans 40 buildings, in the Cascades Development on the West Loop near the Stretford High Rise and All Saints High School.

Heck, what's the name of the nice complex with garages on Kinsey Drive, just off the South Loop? A good one. Help me out "Metro", there are others, The Tyler Apartment Guide would help for at least a drive by.

Oh yeah, a little farther gap are the new Cumberland Gap Apartment right before the new Loop 49 toll road. Oh, the Madison on Old Jacksonville Highway at Grande.

Old 01-20-2012, 01:56 PM

8,309 posts, read 31,689,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeto View Post
Hello everybody! I'll be moving to Tyler, TX soon in mid-spring from a small town in Wisconsin, and have been looking for apartments in the area. I've checked out Autumn Glen apartments.

Does anybody have any experiences with that apartment complex/area? What is the crime rate around that area. I'll be happy to hear about any other suggestions of nice apartments in nicer areas of Tyler. Thanks!
I lived in the Quail Creek apartments a few hundred yards from there about ten years ago. You'll find apartments with a very similar constituency and "niceness" in any college town across the nation. There was the odd vehicle break-in, but that's a fairly nice part of Tyler and I don't think you'll have any complaints about the place that you wouldn't have about upper-middle / lower-upper tier apartments anywhere else.

In other words, those are nice. Not fancy or whosey-whatsey, just nice, normal apartments.

Old 01-22-2012, 12:23 PM

25 posts, read 48,491 times
The ones off Kinsey are The Bridges but kinda pricey. Quail Creek are decent and safe. Stay away from Salado, good area but they take anyone. the Woodlands across the street are still nice. Tyler is very nice but just as in any town has it's shady sides.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:42 PM

2 posts, read 6,195 times
I stayed at Autum Glen in 98-99 and it was great then! Stay away from Bullard Crossing! DH and I lived there when we first were married in 2001 and they were terrible! We had issues with the upstairs apartments washing machine leaking into our apartment and we could not get them to fix it. Ruined tons of our furniture. That area is really nice though. We also lived in The Arbors on Chimney Rock and they were great. There is another nice complex across the street from The Arbors called Hunters Glen that is very nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler