U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-14-2009, 12:30 PM
 
2,633 posts, read 3,559,461 times
Reputation: 1515

Advertisements

Man what the s---, is wrong with you? I spoke of Robert E. Lee football, in general terms not just the 2004 season I knew dam well Flynn was not the quarterback in 2004 Preston Hill was. When I spoke of playing each other twice in district the point was such tough teams at that time, and all the other years, well dam, just had to play Lufkin and Longview once in district, rarely do we play nobody in district as some teams do year after year to win their distict. Only playing maybe, just at times, one good team, then win the championship! As far as the Division I or II for the toughest schedule I have watched that very closely as long as I can remember, sometimes I've counted as many as 7 teams in the top ten in Disvison I , yes that might be the most, but point is it varies form year to year, with probably very little difference over the long haul. We used to always play deeper playoff games with DFW area teams in Texas Stadium I DID NOT SAY WE PLAYED ALL our playoff games in Texas Stadium, I'm not going back and look at the schedules to prove my point, but as a rule we may or may not play the first playoff game at home. After that, most all games are with DFW teams SOMEWHERE IN THE DFW area, but heck I don't know really how much that matters. But you were wrong or misunderstand what I said which may have been my bad, expecting you to be a mind reader. lol. I don't claim to be a an statewide highschool fan as many are, on stats for each player etc, I don't care that much, but I do know the strenghts of teams we play, and I look at the top teams in each 5A I and II schedules and see how stong or weak the teams are what the scores were , where they played the games, and try to pay attention to if they lose a major player. Side note, in the 3 loses in district in 2004 was one loss to Trinity there, by I think 3 points 42 -39 or something close to that and for sure with out two starters. We got better as the year went on, I fully acknowlged to you we had a stronger team when Flynn played (better overall talent) just the way it was that year but not the result of 2004. Yes, some of South Lakes much to much haraled grand runs were against weak teams, that upset me as much as you put it, Lee getting a state championship be default. You know much, do you know who won the district in each of the 5 playoff teams Lee beat? Since you knew Lee didn't play any disrtict champion. Which team won each district of those 5 teams. Thanks, peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-14-2009, 12:38 PM
 
Location: The Village
1,622 posts, read 3,980,325 times
Reputation: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark-Tyler is Special View Post
Man what the s---, is wrong with you? I spoke of Robert E. Lee football, in general terms not just the 2004 season I knew dam well Flynn was not the quarterback in 2004 Preston Hill was. When I spoke of playing each other twice in district the point was such tough teams at that time, and all the other years, well dam, just had to play Lufkin and Longview once in district, rarely do we play nobody in district as some teams do year after year to win their distict. Only playing maybe, just at times, one good team, then win the championship! As far as the Division I or II for the toughest schedule I have watched that very closely as long as I can remember, sometimes I've counted as many as 7 teams in the top ten in Disvison I , yes that might be the most, but point is it varies form year to year, with probably very little difference over the long haul. We used to always play deeper playoff games with DFW area teams in Texas Stadium I DID NOT SAY WE PLAYED ALL our playoff games in Texas Stadium, I'm not going back and look at the schedules to prove my point, but as a rule we may or may not play the first playoff game at home. After that, most all games are with DFW teams SOMEWHERE IN THE DFW area, but heck I don't know really how much that matters. But you were wrong or misunderstand what I said which may have been my bad, expecting you to be a mind reader. lol. I don't claim to be a an statewide highschool fan as many are, on stats for each player etc, I don't care that much, but I do know the strenghts of teams we play, and I look at the top teams in each 5A I and II schedules and see how stong or weak the teams are what the scores were , where they played the games, and try to pay attention to if they lose a major player. Side note, in the 3 loses in district in 2004 was one loss to Trinity there, by I think 3 points 42 -39 or something close to that and for sure with out two starters. We got better as the year went on, I fully acknowlged to you we had a stronger team when Flynn played (better overall talent) just the way it was that year but not the result of 2004. Yes, some of South Lakes much to much haraled grand runs were against weak teams, that upset me as much as you put it, Lee getting a state championship be default. You know much, do you know who won the district in each of the 5 playoff teams Lee beat? Since you knew Lee didn't play any disrtict champion. Which team won each district of those 5 teams. Thanks, peace
Garland High got second in 11-5A to South Garland. Berkner tied for first in 10-5A with Dallas Jesuit but lost the tiebreaker for the title on head-to-head. Round Rock McNeill got 3rd in 15-5A behind Cedar Park and Pflugerville. Euless Trinity placed second in 6-5A behind Irving MacArthur. Spring Westfield tied with Victoria Memorial for first in 22-5A but lost the tiebreaker on head-to-head.

And finally, Robert E. Lee placed second to Longview High School in 12-5A.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2009, 01:02 PM
 
2,633 posts, read 3,559,461 times
Reputation: 1515
So really if I wanted to present my case I could just as easily say three teams did not win their district and the other two, well, one could say they did not lose their district just did not win it outright? That takes a little out of the statement "the 5 teams Lee played didn't even win their district". But, hey, someone else brought up what a bad thing for Lee High School it was for Lee to win the state title in 2004. I never would have even commented on this until you got on board. In no way would have said or implied they were one of the best teams to ever win the state championship, but as I pointed out I don't think they were as weak of a team as you pointed out with just a won/loss record, you know how often teams start slow, like Katy then win it all, even Berkner and I think McNeil were improving as the year went on, gee I would have to look at the schedule, as I said I did year to year, but this is already almost 5 years ago, truly few care today, we live in "what have you done for me lately world" so I'm done, it's been real. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2009, 01:25 PM
 
Location: North of DFW
595 posts, read 2,421,498 times
Reputation: 210
Call me crazy...but I don't the original poster cares about all things football....I think she is asking from a social and academic view.....y'all amaze me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2009, 02:27 PM
 
2,633 posts, read 3,559,461 times
Reputation: 1515
Yes, that's what I was sorta trying to get back around to. He just seemed to want to make lite, of Lee's football accomplishments, almost as if Lee should say, we're sorry for winning state we were so weak we should give the trophy back and say I'm sorry. Even if more than 230 Division 5A teams did not win a state champion ship in 2004.

I have never posted, only looked at, forums on Texas High School football, and many get really "bent out of shape" about it. I was very tame, compared to many. Kinda sorry I responded, but as you can see, at least some of the things I said, had some non-rebuttal, lol, lol Have a good afternoon/evening Destin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2009, 02:48 PM
 
3,424 posts, read 5,215,901 times
Reputation: 1819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark-Tyler is Special View Post
Yes, that's what I was sorta trying to get back around to. He just seemed to want to make lite, of Lee's football accomplishments, almost as if Lee should say, we're sorry for winning state we were so weak we should give the trophy back and say I'm sorry. Even if more than 230 Division 5A teams did not win a state champion ship in 2004.

I have never posted, only looked at, forums on Texas High School football, and many get really "bent out of shape" about it. I was very tame, compared to many. Kinda sorry I responded, but as you can see, at least some of the things I said, had some non-rebuttal, lol, lol Have a good afternoon/evening Destin.

lol...I agree..which is why I kind of stepped back...its just not that serious to me (2004 REL Football)....Im probably not the most accurate on the yearly stats and such, plus its not the intent of this thread...I merely wanted to point out why REL's academics have been impacted the way they have since about 2003...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2009, 07:31 PM
 
Location: North of DFW
595 posts, read 2,421,498 times
Reputation: 210
Everybody.....hug a friend! LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2009, 07:45 PM
 
Location: The Village
1,622 posts, read 3,980,325 times
Reputation: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by destin04 View Post
Call me crazy...but I don't the original poster cares about all things football....I think she is asking from a social and academic view.....y'all amaze me.
This is Texas...if she doesn't care about football she shouldn't be moving here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2009, 08:20 PM
 
Location: North of DFW
595 posts, read 2,421,498 times
Reputation: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by theloneranger View Post
This is Texas...if she doesn't care about football she shouldn't be moving here.

I don't care who you are....that's funny!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2009, 04:51 PM
 
6 posts, read 23,434 times
Reputation: 16
There is not much to be said for Tyler ISD. That's why there's white flight to Lindale to the north or Brownsboro to the west, along with Whitehouse, Hubbard, and Chapel Hill. Anyplace but TISD. TISD is political, can't keep teachers - take a look at its health insurance plan, or example. It is a self-fund insurance plan that functions much like an Obama-monitored socialized medical plan. You better not be sick or old. Well, you won't be hired in the first place unless you are fresh out of college. Health insurance alone is enough not to work at TISD.

Academics - John Tyler has been in serious trouble with TEA for several years now, has a high turnover in principals and Tyler, for its size, has a high turnover. But when a district habitually hires new grads, they quickly become bored with the community and are on to greener pastures. Teachers have to teach the International Baccalaureate Program - IB - which some might say is great for kids...but this would be for the more privileged, skilled students who have mastered content in the first place. TISD recently dropped John Tyler from the IB program. The data didn't support the program's claims that it enabled students to get into high-brow colleges like Yale, Harvard, etc. The program is a teat for the students of high-profile locals who want to have their kids ride into their destinies armed with an IB diploma. It is the rare student who doesn't enroll in a local junior college or at least an area college.

Oh yeah, research on the IB program discovered ties to Scientology in their philosophy component and a link to the website "Skeptics" where students uncovered and studied what "Skeptics" call debunking the myth of Christianity. (Wonder why our tax dollars would fund or promote this type of program.) Must've been the same group that rammed the health insurance down the throats of poor teachers.

East Texas has its own brand of group consciousness. Hope you fit in and do very well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:37 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top