Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 12:50 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,987,932 times

Advertisements

For the fiirst time since 1940 Tylerites will once again be able to purchase their booze inside city limits.

City, county pass beer, wine propositions - KLTV.com-Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville, Texas | ETX News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2012, 01:31 PM

347 posts, read 467,953 times
Most Tylerites will be happy about this.

Can't say that the same will be true about Coffee City, Winona or Kilgore.

Old 11-07-2012, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxStorm72 View Post
Most Tylerites will be happy about this.

Can't say that the same will be true about Coffee City, Winona or Kilgore.
Coffee City is the one that should be worrying, Winona is far enough outside of Precinct 2 where its actually closer for citizens of North Tyler to go there for their fix.

Kilgore not so sure. East Tyler is not that populated plus Kilgore has the college drinkers to fall back on. Last time I drown down 31 a month or so ago it looked like all but 1 or 2 of the liqueur stores had closed up.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:44 PM

1,795 posts, read 3,166,721 times
Congrats to Tyler.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:57 PM

A whopping 73% of Tylerites voted for Tyler to go wet when naysayers said it could never be done. Not in lil ole Tyler, Texas where the locals recruit you to go with them to church on Sundays!

They said Tyler was too this & too that.

Well I have news for you, Tyler isn't the Southern Baptist strong hold it once was. The demographics have changed & made their voices heard in the vote. We are no longer an old folks retirement town where they throw you in a nursing home till you whither up & die. Young professionals are moving here from the major cities left & right. Our medical community is at the strongest its ever been & so are the centers of higher education as well as the local arts community.

Tax revenue from alcohol sales will literally help pour billions into this local economy. Be on the lookout for a new civic center and/or commuter rail in the not so distant future. Woo hoo!

Last edited by Metro Matt; 11-07-2012 at 07:24 PM..

Old 11-07-2012, 10:50 PM

816 posts, read 1,947,144 times
Good news!

I'm ready for the older generations to die off... in the political way.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:17 AM

12 posts, read 28,440 times
Its just beer and wine. No liquor. So its not completely "WET."

Old 11-08-2012, 11:29 AM

347 posts, read 467,953 times
Speaking of the political ways of this area, isn't it cool that stuff like this can pass, yet the majority are still voting for the conservative candidate at the voting booth?

BTW, Chandler just voted to go wet as well, so my options for where I wish to go to get my alcohol are even more expanded. Would be much closer for me to hit a Brookshire's, Super 1 or Walmart, but it is nice to know I will have options in Chandler as well.

Old 11-08-2012, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catetote View Post
Its just beer and wine. No liquor. So its not completely "WET."
You can't buy liquor anywhere in Texas on a Sunday so Texas as a state is not completely "WET".

The more you know.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:24 PM

1,449 posts, read 2,353,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
A whopping 73% of Tylerites voted for Tyler to go wet when naysayers said it could never be done. Not in lil ole Tyler, Texas where the locals recruit you to go with them to church on Sundays!

They said Tyler was too this & too that.

Well I have news for you, Tyler isn't the Southern Baptist strong hold it once was. The demographics have changed & made their voices heard in the vote. We are no longer an old folks retirement town where they throw you in a nursing home till you whither up & die. Young professionals are moving here from the major cities left & right. Our medical community is at the strongest its ever been & so are the centers of higher education as well as the local arts community.

Tax revenue from alcohol sales will literally help pour billions into this local economy. Be on the lookout for a new civic center and/or commuter rail in the not so distant future. Woo hoo!
i agree on the demographic change. just the past year alone, i've seen a lot of my newer (and younger) coworkers move in from other states e.g. michigan, nevada, CA, MO, MN, etc. and a couple come from OUTSIDE USA just a few months ago! then by the end of the year/early next year, we will have someone come in from Chile! talk about a multinational change even.

commuter rail? woohoo! can't wait for that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler