U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 04-23-2013, 12:44 PM
 
Location: Northeast Texas
817 posts, read 1,011,794 times
Reputation: 514

Advertisements

Has anyone use the Loop 49 from Old Jacksonville Highway or Highway 155 to I-20? If so, how long did it take at the speed limit of 70?

Are there a lot of 18-wheelers using that road?

About Toll 49 | Toll49

If you click on that link, it takes you to their website. I just saw that Loop 49 is not just around Tyler but goes all the way to Marshall. I was like what the heck... I bet all this won't be finished in a decade or so.

What do y'all think about this "East Texas Hourglass"?
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-23-2013, 06:21 PM
 
Location: Upper East Side of Texas
12,535 posts, read 13,944,770 times
Reputation: 4873
The current segment is 28 miles long so figure it out.

20-25 minutes looks about right.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2013, 02:01 PM
 
Location: Northeast Texas
817 posts, read 1,011,794 times
Reputation: 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
The current segment is 28 miles long so figure it out.

20-25 minutes looks about right.
Sounds like it. That is very nice and downtown Dallas would probably take an hour and 15 minutes from 155 using Loop 49. I may use it tomorrow and I'm very curious to see how much time I saved. It would take like 35 to 40 minutes to get to I-20 without Loop 49.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2013, 09:57 PM
 
1,200 posts, read 1,428,608 times
Reputation: 492
I drove the entire route today about 3-30PM from I-20 coming back from Canton and drove to 110 just North of Whitehouse. Was a little surprised at the number of cars. Maybe every ten seconds a car, few trucks even thou Target Distribution on I-20 Near 49 will use it extensively when heading to 69 South. Others to follow. Only saw three housing developments, for me really pretty countryside, rolling, all the trees, meadows, combination of different terrain, many bridges over low areas, creeks, one river, as such.

Was headed to UT Tyler to get tickets for the Blue Man Group Show at the Cowen Center, suppose to be a real "blast" of a performance. Should put this in the events section, I'm getting lazy.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2013, 03:55 PM
 
Location: Upper East Side of Texas
12,535 posts, read 13,944,770 times
Reputation: 4873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
I drove the entire route today about 3-30PM from I-20 coming back from Canton and drove to 110 just North of Whitehouse. Was a little surprised at the number of cars. Maybe every ten seconds a car, few trucks even thou Target Distribution on I-20 Near 49 will use it extensively when heading to 69 South. Others to follow. Only saw three housing developments, for me really pretty countryside, rolling, all the trees, meadows, combination of different terrain, many bridges over low areas, creeks, one river, as such.

Was headed to UT Tyler to get tickets for the Blue Man Group Show at the Cowen Center, suppose to be a real "blast" of a performance. Should put this in the events section, I'm getting lazy.
How long did it take you, Mark?

I'm sure those unmanned tolls cut out lots of time.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2013, 09:11 PM
 
1,200 posts, read 1,428,608 times
Reputation: 492
About 20 minutes, I traveled about 70, was looking around a lot. lol
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2013, 11:25 AM
 
Location: Northeast Texas
817 posts, read 1,011,794 times
Reputation: 514
It was 15 minutes from I-20 to Highway 155 using Loop 49. Not bad at all.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2013, 08:29 PM
 
2 posts, read 1,868 times
Reputation: 15
I'm from Lindale and loving the quick zip to the airport too! I haven't seen traffic at all and not a single big rig, but I've only driven on it 3 or 4 times. It sure is nice to run down to the Target/Kohls/Carmike theater area of Tyler. Much prettier to see the scenery rather than all the traffic lights on the loop.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2013, 12:56 PM
 
951 posts, read 785,426 times
Reputation: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by okieqt View Post
I'm from Lindale and loving the quick zip to the airport too! I haven't seen traffic at all and not a single big rig, but I've only driven on it 3 or 4 times. It sure is nice to run down to the Target/Kohls/Carmike theater area of Tyler. Much prettier to see the scenery rather than all the traffic lights on the loop.
I have only seen one or two cars as well,my guess is it is a waste of money going through rural areas!
What is the purpose?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2013, 04:02 PM
 
Location: Texas
74 posts, read 101,111 times
Reputation: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee936 View Post
I have only seen one or two cars as well,my guess is it is a waste of money going through rural areas!
What is the purpose?
The purpose is to relieve traffic on the now inner Loop 323 and to increase access to west and south Tyler as well as points south of Tyler. The loop has been fully open for a very short time, it's going to take time for people to learn about it and start using it on a regular basis.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top