U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 09:00 AM

25 posts, read 39,839 times

Advertisements

Thank you for answering Mark's question, Katheryn. You laid it out perfectly. The unfortunate line of questioning is simply protocol. Once a case is opened, they are obligated to follow through the entire investigation process regardless. The CPS agents couldn't help being intrusive, and were polite and sympathetic when it became evident after they pulled our son from class for questioning that Hideaway's accusations were BS.

CPS was contacted simply out of spite; the security officer made a cheap shot at me immediately after I brushed him off at our doorstep so as to "put me in my place". That his action involved my wife, children, and CPS employees needing to assist others, is shameful. I won't soon forget, either, the smug Hideaway Security "Chief" so obviously pleased by his own cleverness when he lied about "loosing" his officer's report. The "good 'ol boy" club is strong here at Hideaway.

In spite of what happened, I would not say that Hideaway is unfriendly towards families with children. While the majority of residents are retirees, or more accurately put- elderly- all the neighbors we've met seem to dote on our kids. There are also parks, athletic areas, and a few social activities specifically for children which should be encouraging to young families.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2014, 10:35 AM

2,631 posts, read 3,558,293 times
I'm really sorry for you troubles there. I hope it "stays" better for you. Good luck.

Old 02-24-2015, 09:38 AM

6 posts, read 5,076 times
Default Canton weather

We moved to Canton two years ago as an alternative to a Dallas Suburb. Hubby goes into Dallas occasionally and works out of home the rest of the time. Canton is a great sleepy little town for kids. Super schools and mellow mellow mellow. There's a very nice city lake and park in town too. We havnt had anything in the sort of weather Dallas gets at all since weve been here. No tornado warnings..just your usual thunderstorm in the spring and summer. Also the great thing is in the winter while Dallas is locked in ice and yuck when it sleets, we hardly get any and the kids only had one snow day so far this year. There is a huge aquafir of spring water under Canton and you can go and fill up your jugs at the fount for free at the well..Thats very nice! The city maintains it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or