U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2017, 08:15 AM

54,707 posts, read 43,045,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevon Green View Post
The equipment is not outdated. They replaced the old equipment with new equipment a few years back.
Right - the new equipment and playground area is really nice.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2017, 09:20 PM

2,928 posts, read 4,068,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Right - the new equipment and playground area is really nice.
Sorry, the equipment was already updated, gotta have a "my bad" every once and a while, to keep me humble, lol, nahh, good luck on that one, lol

Old 02-07-2017, 07:13 PM

I just "heard" from a acquaintance that Saks Fifth Avenue was to move into the 100,000 sq. ft. Macy's store in Tyler. I don't know this person very well, but have no reason to NOT believe him. He said he heard/saw the news on a Tyler TV station. I have not heard or read anything anywhere. Have any of you?

I wonder if this was just a hoped for, or someone said they were considering or just what.

Yeah, I heard/saw on one of the Tyler TV stations about 3-4 months ago, at most, that an air line was going to make the Tyler airport as a short haul hub, and operations were to begin as early as March, next month. Flights to Houston, Austin, El Paso even Atlanta were mentioned. A friend, serious friend told me he had seen an article in Pilot Magazine that an air line was to have Tyler as a hub also.

I contacted a spokesman for the airport. She said this was news to her. Not anything they are aware of at all. I confirmed that in her position she would KNOW. She said maybe the airport director had spoken to the news stations about possible changes, but only that she THINKS he did talk to the media.

Airport is under major runway extensions, a big project, being done for NOTHING, lol

So maybe this TOO, is just a huge unfounded rumor. If you see anything keep us updated. Thanks

Old 02-08-2017, 06:52 AM

54,707 posts, read 43,045,991 times
Maybe these have already been discussed - I can't recall - but they look interesting for 2017:

New entertainment venue coming to Tyler in late 2017 - Story

Piada Italian Street Food opened in Cumberland Park recently - it's really good.

This place looks interesting!
Tyler Morning Telegraph - 1836 Texas Kitchen, set to open on Crow Road

I didn't even know about this place in nearby Hawkins!
Tyler Morning Telegraph - Red Rooster Icehouse in Hawkins offers food, drinks and live music

And here's what I found on the airport renovations.
http://www.easttexasmatters.com/news...ions/177403556

Old 02-09-2017, 01:58 PM

435 posts, read 197,810 times
The cinergy entertainment is not coming to Tyler. They have yet to file a permit with the city of Tyler. This is the second time we had something of this nature announced it was coming and it didn't materialize. Somebody or some groups of people are determined to keep things like this out of Tyler.

Old 02-10-2017, 02:01 PM

Quote:
The cinergy entertainment is not coming to Tyler. They have yet to file a permit with the city of Tyler. This is the second time we had something of this nature announced it was coming and it didn't materialize. Somebody or some groups of people are determined to keep things like this out of Tyler.
Yeah, I called there corporate office to confirm, but did not ask why, I usually do, don't know why I didn't ask, lol. I figured they wouldn't tell me, usually that doesn't stop me.

But yes, this is the second entertainment "plan" for "there" to fail, that I know about. It does make you think some one or group is "fighting" those plans, lol

Old 02-16-2017, 12:15 AM

I had/have driven by this company on the westside of Old Jacksonville highway outside the loop and noticed a fairly large number of cars parking at this company.

When I read the article I became aware that this company was formed by a small group of former employees of Howe-Barker Engineers, once a large, maybe 1,000 plus employee size company on the East Loop and Fifth street.

Maybe this will continue to be a growing company in Tyler. I worked for similar type firms in Houston, and always the number of employees was dependent on the size and number of contracts. In other words, a potentially volatile employment climate. But good pay if you were employed, lol

Tyler Morning Telegraph - Tyler-based KP Engineering wins Targa contract for natural gas facility

Old 02-20-2017, 09:38 AM

Maybe and slightly different little new store, interesting to a few.

Tyler Morning Telegraph - Tyler couple opens 903 Handmade in Off the Square Downtown

Also, something fairly large is being built in the Village at Cumberland Road shopping area. In the largely undeveloped center part of the development, not up front or in the back or sides. Maybe, just empty shell ready for tenants?

Old 02-21-2017, 06:21 PM

435 posts, read 197,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
Maybe and slightly different little new store, interesting to a few.

Tyler Morning Telegraph - Tyler couple opens 903 Handmade in Off the Square Downtown

Also, something fairly large is being built in the Village at Cumberland Road shopping area. In the largely undeveloped center part of the development, not up front or in the back or sides. Maybe, just empty shell ready for tenants?
That's exactly what one of them is. I saw the sign on it this weekend. Don't know about the other one. I got my fingers crossed that it's cinergy entertainment.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:10 PM

Quote:
That's exactly what one of them is. I saw the sign on it this weekend. Don't know about the other one. I got my fingers crossed that it's cinergy entertainment.

I wish it were cinergy development, but I believe it was last week or the week before, I called cinergy, and at least the person I spoke with said it had been cancelled, I asked something else, don't remember and was then was told it was cancelled for now. I don't think I asked, "Has it been totally written off" as it's not on the back burner "for now?" That's not what I asked so, wish I remembered. But I would think there are no plans AT ALL for the place. But I hope I'm wrong and they build it.

I thought it was to be in the Southeast Corner, next to Burlington, or behind Burlington Coat Factory? You wanna call them?

I guess we can wait to see what "the other one" IS, lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or