U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-01-2019, 10:07 AM
 
2,631 posts, read 3,558,293 times
Reputation: 1515

Advertisements


I may actually attend one of the three city-wide meetings that are going to be held. I wish others would attend and give their ideas/opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-03-2019, 03:12 PM
 
2,631 posts, read 3,558,293 times
Reputation: 1515
Default Lets give this place a visit.

https://tylerpaper.com/news/business...0430d0522.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2019, 06:36 PM
 
Location: Wonderland
44,274 posts, read 35,818,552 times
Reputation: 62626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
I've eaten there since it opened. The food has been up and down in quality,in recent years, IMHO. Too bad it was closed due to structural problems. I would buy an entire lemon ice box pie there, two or three times a year. Never, have I found a place that comes close to the "taste" of their lemon ice box pie. I hope Longview has the same supplier. I will ask my friend who works in Longview to bring me one from time to time, yeah, they are tasty to me, IMHO.

Maybe, another "good" cafeteria will now come to Tyler.
I agree - I love me some Luby's but my husband and I have remarked on the inconsistency of the quality of food over the past few years.

I hope they re open or at least another good cafeteria re opens in the same location. They always seemed very busy and bustling to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2019, 08:32 AM
 
87 posts, read 55,333 times
Reputation: 59
Anyone knows what's will be built in front of the old gander mountain (sorry I forgot the new name)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2019, 08:36 AM
 
2,631 posts, read 3,558,293 times
Reputation: 1515
Quote:
Originally Posted by vavi78 View Post
Anyone knows what's will be built in front of the old gander mountain (sorry I forgot the new name)?
In front of, or in the parking lot OF GM that faces Broadway? Is land being cleared, I didn't see any signs of activity last week. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2019, 12:46 PM
 
87 posts, read 55,333 times
Reputation: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
In front of, or in the parking lot OF GM that faces Broadway? Is land being cleared, I didn't see any signs of activity last week. Thanks.
Yes the cleared land between the parking lot and the bank... I didn't seen any sign too so I was curious

And this morning I also was that some land have been cleared also on grande close the empty commercial building between the 155 and Jacksonville (more close to the 155 actually)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2019, 04:17 PM
 
33 posts, read 58,440 times
Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
I've eaten there since it opened. The food has been up and down in quality,in recent years, IMHO. Too bad it was closed due to structural problems. I would buy an entire lemon ice box pie there, two or three times a year. Never, have I found a place that comes close to the "taste" of their lemon ice box pie. I hope Longview has the same supplier. I will ask my friend who works in Longview to bring me one from time to time, yeah, they are tasty to me, IMHO.

Maybe, another "good" cafeteria will now come to Tyler.
Used to eat there once or twice a month when my parents were alive in the 90's. They loved Luby's. Back then the food was consistently freshly prepared and tasty. I guess I was last there five or so years ago and the building looked old and worn and a little dirty honestly. I don't particularly care for Traditions and cafeterias are not especially a preferred dining destination these days. I suppose there are a few chain cafeterias still operating but I don't know if they could be described as "good".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2019, 09:39 PM
 
2,631 posts, read 3,558,293 times
Reputation: 1515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
In front of, or in the parking lot OF GM that faces Broadway? Is land being cleared, I didn't see any signs of activity last week. Thanks.

Gee, that's my stomping grounds, off Grande on the East end. I've not seen the clearing. You talking about land next to that long time empty new small strip center. Can't believe NO one has moved in there, it been wow, a long time, year plus maybe two years?

You are talking about on the Highway 155 said of the huge new three story luxury apartments being completed? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2019, 09:48 PM
 
2,631 posts, read 3,558,293 times
Reputation: 1515
Quote:
Originally Posted by etexlady View Post
Used to eat there once or twice a month when my parents were alive in the 90's. They loved Luby's. Back then the food was consistently freshly prepared and tasty. I guess I was last there five or so years ago and the building looked old and worn and a little dirty honestly. I don't particularly care for Traditions and cafeterias are not especially a preferred dining destination these days. I suppose there are a few chain cafeterias still operating but I don't know if they could be described as "good".
Yes, I had eaten there on and off for as long as they had been there, 60 years? The manager of the location of Luby's went into partnership with some lady and formed Traditions, I'm not too, impressed with Traditions, not bad I suppose but... Yes, I don't even know as you said about cafeterias anywhere else, I never chose one, way to many other options and I usually go with relatives who feel they HAVE to go to the trendy newest places. Now, I like to try some of the new places, but..

Most of the time I care about what I think is good food, like Mama's on East Fifth, old but clean, as far as I can see. Breakfast and lunch and dinner all good, mostly been for breakfast and especially lunch. Sure, The Egg and I is popular and the newest place for breakfast down by Fresh on Old Jacksonville are far more popular. The Diner, on South Broadway too.

Oops, if I get into restaurants in Tyler, that would take all night, out of here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2019, 06:39 AM
 
Location: Wonderland
44,274 posts, read 35,818,552 times
Reputation: 62626
Tylerites excel at eating out - I can say this because I is one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:22 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top