U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2019, 06:35 AM

44,300 posts, read 35,841,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Grievance View Post
LOl if you think your keyboard will save you from what’s coming. Wake up. The left is on the war path. We will do what is necessary to secure a future for us and our children.
I definitely hope that we do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2019, 06:42 AM

44,300 posts, read 35,841,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Grievance View Post
PS if Lee was the idol of white supremacy some people try to claim, I would be the first to call for his removal. But the portrait of Lee as painted by our media is false, just like they lie every single day about Donald Trump, just as they lied about Justice Brett Kavanaugh, just as they lied about Judge Roy Moore and every single other person they lied about, and there are a lot going all the way back to Senator McCarthy who they mocked and called Tailgunner Joe.

Why do you think Nathan Bedford Forrest’s statue still stands in Washington (even though he was the first Grand Wizard of the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan)? Answer: Because he was a Mason and Occultist, just like most of our senior representatives in government. He has Mason privilege and the Illuminati will protect his statue. They won’t protect General Lee because he wasn’t an Occultist. He was a Virginian who defended his homeland from an invasion, funded by the Rothschilds and occultists of his day.
Where is the Nathan Bedford Forrest monument in Washington? Have you got a link? The only NBF statues that I know of have been removed from public lands.

Old 05-04-2019, 07:57 AM

206 posts, read 58,415 times
I drove past the new construction at Lee yesterday. I don't know why I was surprised, but what a missed opportunity. The original was an award-winning creative design. They've made some changes over the years, so it's not as good as it was, but it was a great move at the beginning. This new building just looks like a rip-off of TJC.

Old 05-04-2019, 08:39 AM

2,632 posts, read 3,559,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cd225 View Post
I drove past the new construction at Lee yesterday. I don't know why I was surprised, but what a missed opportunity. The original was an award-winning creative design. They've made some changes over the years, so it's not as good as it was, but it was a great move at the beginning. This new building just looks like a rip-off of TJC.

I have not seen that Lee is finished enough to know if it looks like TJC. Almost everyone is very impressed with what the majority of buildings "look like" on the T.J.C. Campus. If you want to see a very unattractive looking campus, try Kilgore J.C. I brought guests over to the Kilgore Oil Museum and we drove around the campus, simply ugly.

Were you just commenting, the new Lee is two stories, like TJC? A rip-off? How? Why say you? lol

Old 05-04-2019, 09:07 AM

206 posts, read 58,415 times
Kilgore JC is indeed unattractive. But hey...it's in Kilgore. Who's ever going to see it?

TJC is very nice. The newer buildings respect the older buildings, even if they have contemporary design elements. It's a campus that even measures up to universities. But Lee has its own identity. The board probably solicited comments from the public and maybe this is what Tyler's citizens want. But it's just looking backward. It's a copy of school style that in most places was left behind.

The reason I can tell what it's going to look like is more than that it's two stories. It's that I can see they're doing tall box, with long rows of evenly spaced small windows and the tall round front porch. I would be willing to bet a nickel they're going to brick all that in about the same color as TJC and paint the front porch white, just like this building -

Old 05-04-2019, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cd225 View Post
Kilgore JC is indeed unattractive. But hey...it's in Kilgore. Who's ever going to see it?

TJC is very nice. The newer buildings respect the older buildings, even if they have contemporary design elements. It's a campus that even measures up to universities. But Lee has its own identity. The board probably solicited comments from the public and maybe this is what Tyler's citizens want. But it's just looking backward. It's a copy of school style that in most places was left behind.

The reason I can tell what it's going to look like is more than that it's two stories. It's that I can see they're doing tall box, with long rows of evenly spaced small windows and the tall round front porch. I would be willing to bet a nickel they're going to brick all that in about the same color as TJC and paint the front porch white, just like this building -
Oh, I see. Thanks, yes, you could very well be correct.

Old 05-07-2019, 12:17 PM

267 posts, read 106,060 times
https://www.cbs19.tv/mobile/article/...4-8664699ddce7

Old 05-07-2019, 02:51 PM

267 posts, read 106,060 times
https://tylerpaper.com/news/local/tu...b61b634b4.html

Old 05-08-2019, 01:35 PM

27 posts, read 9,488 times
I have lived in San Antonio for 8 year of my life but I'm originally from Mineola, Texas. I keep hearing and seeing articles of how fast Tyler development is growing. I do remember when I was young when Lindale grew from a smaller town then Mineola to now beating it. Can you guys tell me whats the catalyst of why this is happening? Whats drawing people to Tyler?

Old 05-08-2019, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertoSaldana4 View Post
I have lived in San Antonio for 8 year of my life but I'm originally from Mineola, Texas. I keep hearing and seeing articles of how fast Tyler development is growing. I do remember when I was young when Lindale grew from a smaller town then Mineola to now beating it. Can you guys tell me whats the catalyst of why this is happening? Whats drawing people to Tyler?
Well, for certain, Tyler is not developing near as fast as the DFW, Houston, Austin, San Antonio areas, as well as San Marcos, an the area between Austin - San Antonio, Midland-Odessa, oil, areas.

Now, what growth is happening is do, immigration, retirees. Those looking for jobs, Tyler's main growth, is medical jobs, that's why many people are moving to Tyler. For me, staying here by choice, I like many of the amenities found here, some NOT in cities Tyler's size.

U.T.Tyler Performing Arts Center
Symphony
Zoo
Medical
Shopping
Lakes
Cleanliness of Tyler

Arkansas for mountains, fairly close by.

Lushness,lol large oaks, and pines, greeness, another lol, roses, azaleas,
close, about an hour and one-half to mega DFW

Tyler is not too large, or too small.

Oh, most should really enjoy, the very low CITY property tax rate.

Just the feel of the place, Tyler.

For a small place, it feels vibrant, active, involved, happening, lol

And don't forget I lived in Houston for 25 years as a comparison or reason for my responses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or