Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2018, 06:47 PM

563 posts, read 382,469 times

Advertisements

https://tylerpaper.com/news/local/ty...ea3295b9c.html
Tyler is booming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2018, 10:17 PM

67,666 posts, read 60,197,371 times
I tried that new Go-Go Sushi place and it was pretty dang good.

Old 01-10-2018, 10:44 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,039,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevon Green View Post

Well yes, but not anything that support "really booming". But little mention was made in the paper, did not see a write-up when recently a new approximately 300 unit three story upscale apartment complex,gated with several small ponds/lakes are to be built just west of Old Jacksonville Highway on West Grande, permits were "let" recently for this project, that is more of a sign of booming, 300 units not 36.

Anyway, yes, that is great something is being built that is different and nice in that area.

I guess, since no zoning change was needed on other properties being built, the press and tv are not aware much of anything, that doesn't get any notice other than a building permit being issued.

All, and all good news. The other development on the old King Chevrolet location just west of downtown has been talked about several times in the paper, I'm ready for a building permit to be issued and work on that project. The project would be a nice boost to the redevelopment of downtown, which a tough slow, project at best.

Still now update, on the disposition of the old Smith County, Carlton Hotel multi-story building downtown. I've had many "hopes" for something really outstanding to happen to the property. The county has turned down bids on the building at least once. Something was or is to supposed to be "happening" earlier or now, or soon. No word yet, I don't remember the last contract to act, expiration date, it may have quietly passed by, by now, lol Nothing new if that happened.

Old 01-11-2018, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
Well yes, but not anything that support "really booming". But little mention was made in the paper, did not see a write-up when recently a new approximately 300 unit three story upscale apartment complex,gated with several small ponds/lakes are to be built just west of Old Jacksonville Highway on West Grande, permits were "let" recently for this project, that is more of a sign of booming, 300 units not 36.

Anyway, yes, that is great something is being built that is different and nice in that area.

I guess, since no zoning change was needed on other properties being built, the press and tv are not aware much of anything, that doesn't get any notice other than a building permit being issued.

All, and all good news. The other development on the old King Chevrolet location just west of downtown has been talked about several times in the paper, I'm ready for a building permit to be issued and work on that project. The project would be a nice boost to the redevelopment of downtown, which a tough slow, project at best.

Still now update, on the disposition of the old Smith County, Carlton Hotel multi-story building downtown. I've had many "hopes" for something really outstanding to happen to the property. The county has turned down bids on the building at least once. Something was or is to supposed to be "happening" earlier or now, or soon. No word yet, I don't remember the last contract to act, expiration date, it may have quietly passed by, by now, lol Nothing new if that happened.
Tyler is not booming because of 1 apartment complex but because Tyler is growing all over. Have you seen the new duplex community off 110 North. They are building houses in Normandy Heights right off 31 West. They are building houses in Wellington Place right off 64 West across from the airport. They are building houses in Chapel Woods East off Old Omen Road. I'm not even including South Tyler. Add in the new apartment complex and yes Tyler is booming. Not because of one apartment complex is Tyler booming but add all that together and yes it's booming.

Old 01-11-2018, 08:37 AM

OK, I did not want to offend you, I'm glad you post on here, I look forward to when you bring something forward that's new. Yes, Tyler is growing, slow, compared to the major metros in Texas, that's why I use the term booming for DFW, Austin, maybe still Houston, San Antonio, now again, Midland Odessa, oil is back.

Yes, for East Texas Tyler is certainly booming, Longview not, Nacogdoches, Lufkin, not, Beaumont not.Lindale, Whitehouse, Chandler, Bullard all "cousins" of Tyler growing, unfortunately not much in Jacksonville.

Thanks for you post.

Old 01-11-2018, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
OK, I did not want to offend you, I'm glad you post on here, I look forward to when you bring something forward that's new. Yes, Tyler is growing, slow, compared to the major metros in Texas, that's why I use the term booming for DFW, Austin, maybe still Houston, San Antonio, now again, Midland Odessa, oil is back.

Yes, for East Texas Tyler is certainly booming, Longview not, Nacogdoches, Lufkin, not, Beaumont not.Lindale, Whitehouse, Chandler, Bullard all "cousins" of Tyler growing, unfortunately not much in Jacksonville.

Thanks for you post.
I didn't take it as you offended me. When I said Tyler is booming I wasn't saying the apartment complex was making Tyler booming. I just added the fact when I saw the article I was like man Tyler is booming.

Old 01-12-2018, 08:23 AM

67,666 posts, read 60,197,371 times
Overall, Texas non farming jobs growth rate is significantly outpacing the US rate.

Overall job growth rate from November 2016 to November 2017 is strong for the Tyler metro area, but is even stronger for Longview, which is good news for Longview and probably due to the comeback in oil prices.

Waco's job growth rate was in the negatives for the same period. Only the Waco and Brownsville metro areas had negative job growth. Waco's was at the absolute bottom which surprised me.

Tyler and Waco both have good unemployment rates of 3.5 each which is below the national average. Longview's unemployment rate is a bit higher at 4.1, which is the national average.

Lots more interesting info here:
https://assets.recenter.tamu.edu/doc...icles/1862.pdf

I always get a lot out of this particular report.

Old 01-12-2018, 11:15 AM

This is a report from the Texas Workforce Commission that is apparently composed from the same information as the report above.

I've been looking at this report monthly for 10 years are more: The December report will be out next Friday, January 19th.
Tyler's "better days" back just before the near economic collapse in 2006-2007 or whatever, Tyler was consistently rated in the top 5, PERCENTAGE wise in job growth, even 1 thru 3 over many months.

For many years since then, Tyler has ranged mainly from some where 10th maybe 12th to as bad as the bottom near last, but mostly about 13th thru 15th. I used to save the reports so I could actually watch a trend. Unless Tyler accidentally "landed" a huge employer, with, less say, 1,000 jobs, Tyler will stay, at best, where they are now, not bad. I've explained many times the reason for my HUMBLE position/opinion, lol

It takes several "clicks" to get to this page. Go google, Texas Workforce Commission, then upper right hand corner of the page, click Labor Market and Career Information, then middle left hand side of the page, click Tracer 2, this page now revealed will show you the next 4 month release dates, on this page, click upper left corner, LMCI Search Page, near bottom of that page, in the middle, click MSA Monthly Rankings, yeah! you are THERE! lol

http://www.tracer2.com/admin/uploade...sa_ranking.pdf

This page has numbers and rankings listed three, different ways. Enjoy? lol

Old 01-12-2018, 02:45 PM

https://tylerpaper.com/news/local/tw...9029fabc9.html

This for you Mark. It answers your questions about the downtown development.

Old 01-12-2018, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevon Green View Post
https://tylerpaper.com/news/local/tw...9029fabc9.html

This for you Mark. It answers your questions about the downtown development.
Perfect, Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler