Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2019, 03:09 PM

73 posts, read 67,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
Well, for certain, Tyler is not developing near as fast as the DFW, Houston, Austin, San Antonio areas, as well as San Marcos, an the area between Austin - San Antonio, Midland-Odessa, oil, areas.

Now, what growth is happening is do, immigration, retirees. Those looking for jobs, Tyler's main growth, is medical jobs, that's why many people are moving to Tyler. For me, staying here by choice, I like many of the amenities found here, some NOT in cities Tyler's size.

U.T.Tyler Performing Arts Center
Symphony
Zoo
Medical
Shopping
Lakes
Cleanliness of Tyler

Arkansas for mountains, fairly close by.

Lushness,lol large oaks, and pines, greeness, another lol, roses, azaleas,
close, about an hour and one-half to mega DFW

Tyler is not too large, or too small.

Oh, most should really enjoy, the very low CITY property tax rate.

Just the feel of the place, Tyler.

For a small place, it feels vibrant, active, involved, happening, lol

And don't forget I lived in Houston for 25 years as a comparison or reason for my responses.

Yea Tyler does seem to have that vibrant, active, and feels like a city that's alive. It is a perfect due to that's not to big or small. Is toll 49 helping the growth in the southern portions of Tyler? How is northern Tyler doing since last I was there, It wasn't the best area to be around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2019, 03:33 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertoSaldana4 View Post
Yea Tyler does seem to have that vibrant, active, and feels like a city that's alive. It is a perfect due to that's not to big or small. Is toll 49 helping the growth in the southern portions of Tyler? How is northern Tyler doing since last I was there, It wasn't the best area to be around.
North Tyler continues to grow more slowly than south Tyler. Also, west Tyler seems to be growing faster than east Tyler.

I agree with Mark Senior's description of the feel of Tyler and yours too. I do think that both medical and professional services jobs are fueling the growth in Tyler.

Old 05-08-2019, 06:15 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,080,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertoSaldana4 View Post

No, there has been no discernible growth, as yet, by the creation of Toll 49.

Speaking of toll 49, another fatal wreck on it today. I don't know if you are aware 49 is only a two-lane road at this time, thus making it very dangerous, creates "easy" head-on collisions possible. It is reported there is much higher usage of the toll road than anticipated, hopefully the usage numbers will speed up construction of the additional two lanes, with that construction, now planned years from now.

Old 05-08-2019, 07:18 PM

566 posts, read 390,382 times
https://www.kltv.com/2019/05/08/nicu...other-frances/

Old 05-08-2019, 07:22 PM

https://www.kltv.com/2019/05/08/spen...ity-officials/

Old 05-09-2019, 06:32 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
I don't understand why there are so many head on collisions on Loop 49, which is clearly marked, seems to be graded correctly, and does have numerous passing lanes that are also clearly marked.

Loop 49 was a selling point to us when we moved to Chandler because we could get to south Broadway without having to go all the way through Tyler. My parents moved south of town near 346, past the Loop 49 ramps, and I was able to get from Chandler to their house in 12 minutes. Same with Cumberland Park and all those shops - 12 minutes from Chandler to that area using Loop 49. Going through town and depending on traffic, it can take from 30 to even 45 minutes.

There has been significant growth in south and west Tyler and between Tyler and Chandler, as well as in Chandler itself, and I do think that Loop 49 has been part of that reason, but not the whole reason.

Old 05-09-2019, 07:23 AM

It's easy to see why their are so many wrecks on loop 49. Someone always for what ever reason drives into the oncoming traffic lane. If everyone stayed in their lane, it wouldn't be any head on collisions.

Old 05-09-2019, 08:10 AM

3,028 posts, read 5,080,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevon Green View Post
It's easy to see why their are so many wrecks on loop 49. Someone always for what ever reason drives into the oncoming traffic lane. If everyone stayed in their lane, it wouldn't be any head on collisions.
Sure you would think you COULD easily stay in the marked lanes. People are driving MORE distracted today, because of the electronic devices, you know, they say, oh, no traffic lights, nothing to slow me down, I can text, you know look DOWN, and all is ok, then suddenly, they are out of their lane, head-on into someone else's lane. Of course that is not the only reason, on wet roads, it easy to slide over into the on coming traffic, NO, median of 25-50 feet of grass, and no median of protected by a concrete wall as is on I-20. The purpose of concrete walls being added in the recent past years was, cars sliding driving across the grass on I-20 and into the on-coming traffic causing the head-on collisions. The hills of East Texas were causing more cars to "slide off the roads into on coming" traffic, I guess they never had the funds or thought of providing this years earlier, of course part of this was less traffic years ago? The state just brought those concrete beams to I-20, and other areas in the state, having the same problems, NOT just using those beams in the mega plexes.

I purposely drove on a short section of Toll 49, from Highway 31 North to I-20 on a trip to DFW two weeks ago, just to see, again, for myself how the drive "felt," man, I could sure see how dangerous that "felt". You would cross a two lane bridge, with concrete walls, less than three feet away, with NO shoulder for you to escape if a cars coming toward you, came over into you lane. Then there was heavy traffic at 2 P.M. on a Friday, I'm certain the traffic gets heavier than that. Also, the feel of somebody, "flying" by you at likely 80 plus miles per hour, just 3 - 5 feet away, at most, was very uneasing. Yes, I know it should feel the same as on a regular state two lane highway, but it simply does not, the traffic is heavier than most, and at least, their is a should on most bridges.

IMHO, there should NEVER be a two lane toll road built, at least build 4 lanes with a wide median. One update, the Tyler paper has said nothing about this fatal wreck, on-line, as of yet, it was KLTV that I saw that all passengers involved were killed, three this time.

The state SHOULD appropriate immediate emergency money to build this toll to four lanes. IMHO.

Old 05-09-2019, 12:19 PM

https://www.cbs19.tv/mobile/article/...7-b0637a4ccf36

Old 05-09-2019, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
Sure you would think you COULD easily stay in the marked lanes. People are driving MORE distracted today, because of the electronic devices, you know, they say, oh, no traffic lights, nothing to slow me down, I can text, you know look DOWN, and all is ok, then suddenly, they are out of their lane, head-on into someone else's lane. Of course that is not the only reason, on wet roads, it easy to slide over into the on coming traffic, NO, median of 25-50 feet of grass, and no median of protected by a concrete wall as is on I-20. The purpose of concrete walls being added in the recent past years was, cars sliding driving across the grass on I-20 and into the on-coming traffic causing the head-on collisions. The hills of East Texas were causing more cars to "slide off the roads into on coming" traffic, I guess they never had the funds or thought of providing this years earlier, of course part of this was less traffic years ago? The state just brought those concrete beams to I-20, and other areas in the state, having the same problems, NOT just using those beams in the mega plexes.

I purposely drove on a short section of Toll 49, from Highway 31 North to I-20 on a trip to DFW two weeks ago, just to see, again, for myself how the drive "felt," man, I could sure see how dangerous that "felt". You would cross a two lane bridge, with concrete walls, less than three feet away, with NO shoulder for you to escape if a cars coming toward you, came over into you lane. Then there was heavy traffic at 2 P.M. on a Friday, I'm certain the traffic gets heavier than that. Also, the feel of somebody, "flying" by you at likely 80 plus miles per hour, just 3 - 5 feet away, at most, was very uneasing. Yes, I know it should feel the same as on a regular state two lane highway, but it simply does not, the traffic is heavier than most, and at least, their is a should on most bridges.

IMHO, there should NEVER be a two lane toll road built, at least build 4 lanes with a wide median. One update, the Tyler paper has said nothing about this fatal wreck, on-line, as of yet, it was KLTV that I saw that all passengers involved were killed, three this time.

The state SHOULD appropriate immediate emergency money to build this toll to four lanes. IMHO.
That's the whole point. It's too many distractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler