Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2016, 10:18 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,085,037 times

Advertisements

Tyler Morning Telegraph - Tyler Islamic community members to build mosque, subdivision on Rhones Quarter Road
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2016, 01:43 PM

130 posts, read 122,369 times
does anyone knows something about the spot near the Carmike?

Old 10-26-2016, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vavi78 View Post
does anyone knows something about the spot near the Carmike?

Have anymore details? Is there something under construction? If so, right or left, North of South of Carmike, behind it or? Thanks

Old 10-26-2016, 10:27 PM

Something that is very useful and needed. Not many jobs created, apparently, no information found. But interesting to me.

Handicap conversion manufacturer expanding in Tyler - Story

Old 10-27-2016, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
Something that is very useful and needed. Not many jobs created, apparently, no information found. But interesting to me.

Handicap conversion manufacturer expanding in Tyler - Story
More information found today:

Tyler Morning Telegraph - Vehicle Reman rebuilds, refurbishes fleet vehicles and makes them new again

Old 10-28-2016, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
Have anymore details? Is there something under construction? If so, right or left, North of South of Carmike, behind it or? Thanks
If you have the Carmike in front of you on the left (so the south side). Yes, they are working on the site, sorry I' don't know the technical name in English "when they are leveling the ground" before to start to build the construction

Old 10-28-2016, 07:35 PM

On old jacksonville Grinder Burger had also open a burrito dedicated location near the original one.

Old 10-28-2016, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vavi78 View Post
If you have the Carmike in front of you on the left (so the south side). Yes, they are working on the site, sorry I' don't know the technical name in English "when they are leveling the ground" before to start to build the construction
Okay, I did go by there today, I saw no signs about what is being built. I may call Planning and Zoning next week, they may be able to tell me what is under construction. Thank you for the update.

Old 11-05-2016, 06:33 AM

I might as well report the BAD along with the good.

G.O.E. Resources
6101 S Broadway, Ste 200, Tyler, TX 75703

Oil and gas exploration will completely close its Tyler office. Approximately 75 office employees to be offered relocation to Midland/Odessa, Fort Worth, or San Antonio. The rest to be "laid off".

My "football" friend of approximately 20 years told me he heard the bad news this past Tuesday. We were sitting next to each other at the Lee/John Tyler game. He said this was total shock to most employees. Yes, the price of oil had been low for months but they had thought this news would have come earlier. I did not ask him how many field jobs would be lost as well. He and most of the other employees are home owners and long time residents of Tyler. He is really worried that at 60 years old he may be trying to find employment. He can not just retire yet. He has not been offered a relocation yet. He would even very reluctantly move to M/O if necessary. He said he might be able to "stand that" for a couple of years. Not a happy camper. Most likely these types of jobs would/will not return to Tyler when oil goes back up.

Again, Tyler needs to have a vote and see if the tax payers would spend a very small amount of revenue on job creation. At this time if would cost them very little in increased property taxes. If they don't start creating good paying jobs soon, their property taxes will go up even more in the future. I don't fill like a long explanation of that opinion, if any one cared to know. Maybe contact me directly if you would like, and maybe later, I would explain. I saw this coming years ago. Oh well.

Old 11-06-2016, 06:43 AM

29 posts, read 31,081 times
It's always disappointing to hear about more job losses, or for that matter, even stagnant times as well. It is in these moments of hardships that people most want to feel in control of their future, and feel completely helpless when they are not in a position to write the next chapter.

There are two prevailing philosophies, and they run counter to each other. The first is that the government (local, state, federal) should have some sort of hand in the marketplace, and the other that they should not. The debate grows even more fierce once government has entered the marketplace, because it then becomes a matter of where to draw the line. Once you've knocked over the first domino, at what point do you expect the dominos to stop falling?

What makes that conversation even more difficult is when the other cities/states that you are competing with are choosing the opposite philosophy as you. One side is chasing short-term hardship and hoping for long-term gain, the other is chasing short-term gain and hoping that long-term hardship does not follow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler