U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2016, 08:46 PM

2,667 posts, read 3,598,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenValley View Post
This thread needs more Waco!

We are trying to make "that thread" a Waco thread. lol

No Waco needs it's own sub-forum, lol, lol, lol, lol We've had those "so and so" needs their own sub-forum, over and over and over. I explained if you get one, then you will have less discussion "out in the Texas General Discussion Area" becausssssssssssssssse the same question would not come up again, and again and again, if you DO/DID have your own sub-forum, viewers could see their "common" question has already be discussed and answered.

This happened when Tyler got it's sub-forum, less overall "activity", which, by the way I didn't PUSH FOR it's own sub-forum, creation. Really I just as soon it didn't have it's own sub-forum. I would not have to to go over into a Waco discussion. I would be way TOO busy responding to Tyler questions, the same ones, over and over and over again. Nah, now I'm tired of that. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2016, 05:36 PM

44,989 posts, read 36,268,604 times
Believe me, I'd love for Waco to have it's own sub forum. Maybe some people who are interested in Waco should contact the administrators and get that ball rolling.

Old 09-07-2016, 08:37 PM

2,075 posts, read 1,595,182 times
Maybe all the Tyler people could chip in and help waco get its own forum.

Old 09-07-2016, 09:56 PM

2,667 posts, read 3,598,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
Maybe all the Tyler people could chip in and help waco get its own forum.
I don't know, how much would each "chip" cost, lol But who knows, maybe you've got somethin' there.

Old 09-08-2016, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
I don't know, how much would each "chip" cost, lol But who knows, maybe you've got somethin' there.
Lol...probably about half as much as the "chips" for Tyler.. . j/k

Old 09-08-2016, 05:49 AM

I'd be willing to "chip in," as long as it doesn't cost anything monetarily.

Old 09-08-2016, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I'd be willing to "chip in," as long as it doesn't cost anything monetarily.
Lol..I think we should all do as much as we can to help Waco get its buzz off the ground.

Old 09-08-2016, 12:48 PM

6,649 posts, read 3,761,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laina1980 View Post
This was a very interesting thread, even if it is old...Having been to Tyler before and can say had some pros and cons with place, I did feel the church-y vibe. I mean literally there are churches everywhere. But all the same met some really nice people too. If it was a small town I'd feel weird about the reloigious aspect, but it is not that.
I stayed in a hotel there recently. As I entered the front doors, a man coming out kept the door open for me. I say "thank you." He says, "May Jesus bless you." Then when he closes the door after I pass through, he says again, "May Jesus bless you." I say "thank you" again. It was weird. I felt like responding, "May the force be with you." But I was good and did not.

But everyone else's conversation and interactions with me during my stay were normal.

Old 09-10-2016, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
I stayed in a hotel there recently. As I entered the front doors, a man coming out kept the door open for me. I say "thank you." He says, "May Jesus bless you." Then when he closes the door after I pass through, he says again, "May Jesus bless you." I say "thank you" again. It was weird. I felt like responding, "May the force be with you." But I was good and did not.

But everyone else's conversation and interactions with me during my stay were normal.
I think you ran into some sort of zealot. That's not typical behavior, even in Tyler!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or