U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2017, 07:00 PM

10 posts, read 8,630 times

Advertisements

So my husband may transfer to Tyler...we live south of Ft Worth right now so it wouldn't be to o far of a move from our family & friends. We have camped at Tyler SP before so that's all I know of the area, love the pine trees there. Can anyone give me some insight on what towns to look into? We have two kids, one going into junior high nxt year and one going into 5th so good schools and safety are important. He would office out of Tyler or Hawkins so no farther then a 35-40 min drive from there. We like a smaller town not too congested, preferably with some rolling hills if there are any in that area? We are very outdoorsy people so hiking, biking, all that good stuff is important to us Tia!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2017, 08:42 PM

44,181 posts, read 35,697,872 times
Check out Lindale, Bullard, Whitehouse, etc. Good luck!

Old 03-27-2017, 08:54 PM

10 posts, read 8,630 times
Thank you. I have been reading a lot on the Tyler forum for the past hour so have already found some good info.

Old 03-27-2017, 10:00 PM

2,618 posts, read 3,543,509 times
If your husband is working out of Hawkins, then Lindale would be about 20 minutes away. I recently lived in the Hawkins area, for about 5 years, from just what I heard, I would not be too "high" on the Hawkins schools, but you could do a lot worse.

Man, if your office is in Hawkins, the Harmony ISD, about 25 minutes away Northeast of Hawkins is known to be a pretty good ISD. but that would get you really far from even a Walmart. Hawkins is 20 minutes to the Walmart in Lindale. Hawkins itself has the nice Brookshires Grocery Store, a Dollar General, a Family Dollar and Freds, a Sonic, and maybe two good places to eat. A Taste of Italy on Lake Hawkins, is worth the drive from Tyler, even. You can also set outside and eat overlooking the nice lake.

There are rolling hills in most directions, now, some areas Northeast, and East and Southeast, and actually SW have pine trees, but not as thick or as large or tall, in most areas as Tyler State Park.

If you are based out of Tyler then I would agree with Kathryn, you would have many more options as not to be too far to drive.

Hawkins is about a 30-40 minute drive to all the South Tyler shopping, about 25 minutes to MOST of the medical needs, although there is a very small clinic about 5 miles north of Hawkins, and about 15-20 minutes from a few options in North Tyler.

Email us, if we can help with more questions you may have. You might very well enjoy the Tyler area. Best to you.

Old 03-29-2017, 05:00 PM

17,432 posts, read 3,932,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggiem4 View Post
So my husband may transfer to Tyler...we live south of Ft Worth right now so it wouldn't be to o far of a move from our family & friends. We have camped at Tyler SP before so that's all I know of the area, love the pine trees there. Can anyone give me some insight on what towns to look into? We have two kids, one going into junior high nxt year and one going into 5th so good schools and safety are important. He would office out of Tyler or Hawkins so no farther then a 35-40 min drive from there. We like a smaller town not too congested, preferably with some rolling hills if there are any in that area? We are very outdoorsy people so hiking, biking, all that good stuff is important to us Tia!!!
What is your budget for housing?

Old 06-24-2017, 01:30 AM

5 posts, read 3,571 times
Our company manages a mobile home parks different areas. We manage one in Whitehouse so I am familiar with the area. I have to say compared to some other places we managed properties, Whitehouse is very nice. It has a really great school district and very clean. It's just south of Tyler, so it's still close to parks, shopping, etc.

A little self promotion here, but if you are looking for an affordable homes to buy, contact us! Check out our website: A Clean, Affordable Mobile Home Park in Whitehouse, Texas | Forest Hollow Estates
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or