Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 01:57 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,085,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
The lake is for drinking water. The trees were left fishing as Etex2 said. Dallas owns 60 per cent of the water rights, 100 million gallons per day. Tyler 25%, 15% for Palestine. Tyler draws 10-15 million gallons per day now. According to a recent article in the Tyler paper, Dallas won't draw water for about 20 years. Dallas may draw from Oklahoma or go on to Toledo Bend first.
My last post on this was 6 years ago was DFW was to draw water in 20 years, my brother said Oklahoma and Lake Texoma have said no to Dallas so far, as to using water from up there, so it seems I heard somewhere, did not get my full attention that DFW area will be "draining" water out to LP much sooner than expected, water lines are built, I'm told. Anyone on a clearer update on this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2013, 01:37 PM

46 posts, read 140,369 times
Smile I Exaggerate in EVERY Post

Let's hear a couple of my exaggerations. I can't wait !

Old 07-29-2013, 10:09 PM

?

Old 07-29-2013, 11:31 PM

816 posts, read 1,947,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzzi View Post
Let's hear a couple of my exaggerations. I can't wait !
I can't wait either! It's enjoyable.

Old 06-15-2014, 05:43 PM

46 posts, read 140,369 times
Cool Exaggerations lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by An0nym0us88 View Post
You exaggerate in every posts.

Find the exaggeration in this post: "they used to have women bringing you free lemonade to your poolside chair and now they don't. " Find the exaggeration .

Find another one: "they used to bring hamburgers to you poolside and now that service has been discontinued." Where is the exaggeration there? There is none. It's factual.

"The tap water is undrinkable and smells terrible too." If I'm exaggerating, why did we get a water filter?

I said we feel safe here, the trees are beautiful, the lawns perfect (including ours). But the mowing is now $40; not $35. That's simply a fact.

The taxes on a house of 2500 sq ft are $6,000 a year. I don't really know if that's expensive because I've never paid taxes. My husband pays.

And by the way: don't eat the cole slaw at the club. It's weird tasting and they throw everything they can think of in it including pineapple. I like the catfish. The prices have gone up this year, though. Each piece of catfish is the same shape and length whatever that means.

Old 10-15-2016, 02:34 PM

506 posts, read 651,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by An0nym0us88 View Post
You exaggerate in every posts.
Here is a non exaggeration I predicted which came true although its ok with me: trash pick up is now once a week.
For those raving about the view on "the bluff" 90% of the homes here are not ON the bluff so you can't see the lake . They have a few huge homes for sale on that bluff and they're now reducing the prices to $850K. A new huge two story home up our street was completed a month ago.
The one thing I love about EBluff is the feeling of safety. Yes; it will cost you $250 a month but it feels great knowing there's no theft here. You can leave your packages right at your door and they'll be safe. Not one person has ever rang our doorbell selling anything in six years except for Girl Scout cookies. That is a huge plus to me.
Another rare thing I like is you can get take out from the club. You call then drive up there and pick up your dinner. If you do NOT order from the club in SOME way you get charged for them regardless. I am not exaggerating. So we feel we SHOULD pick up dinner twice a month.
I am pretty sure you can buy a lot here for 50K. Not positive, though.
People here do Not mow , edge their own yards. Everyone uses an Hispanic guy or a yard service.
I've met two widows this month walking their dog. Real nice ladies.
Today I noticed a man , I'd say in his nineties, being pushed up the street in a wheelchair by a nurse. Somebody has some cash at least!

Old 10-15-2016, 02:45 PM

Nice update. Are there many more new homes being built, or just the huge one recently?

Old 11-19-2016, 09:14 AM

506 posts, read 651,439 times
No; there are not "many" new homes being built. I haven't noticed any except the gorgeous two story up the street. Now somebody has put pink ribbons on the end of our fence and in the middle of the vacant lot next door. That sounds like a new home will soon be built there; I hope not. These guys take nine hours of chain sawing to take down one tree and the lot is ALL trees.
I think the guy raving about the homes "on the bluff" is a real estate agent. You can't see that lake unless you get through our gate guard and drive to the One Street that has homes on the lake. And there are very few of them.
Once a month they have this "activity" at the club called, "Steak by the Ounce." What is that supposed to mean? It means you're charged a "secret" amount per ounce of steak but you have to sound like Cheap Charlie and ask the waiter, "how much is the steak per ounce?" which I'd never do.
We now pay $50 to get our yard mowed and edged.
I bet you can buy your Thanksgiving dinner at the club but good luck finding out what it costs.

Old 11-25-2016, 06:22 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
LOL I pay $45 a week to have my lawn serviced and I don't even live in Eagle's Bluff. I live in Chandler.

Hope things work out well for the folks living in Eagle's Bluff and other similar neighborhoods. My husband and I ruled out communities with club houses and steep monthly fees when we were looking for a home about three years ago - we had seen the trouble with that sort of community when my parents moved to Hot Springs Village a few years ago and so we were skeptical of that whole situation. One of my mottoes in life is "Never unnecessarily limit your options," and I felt that moving to a country club community was limiting my options in a sense because of the incessant monthly fees. I'm not saying that these fees don't often pay for nice amenities, I'm just saying we decided that any local community with such fees was just too costly. After all, we can still become members of most local country clubs without actually moving to a particular neighborhood.

Old 11-25-2016, 03:04 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,585,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
LOL I pay $45 a week to have my lawn serviced and I don't even live in Eagle's Bluff. I live in Chandler.

Hope things work out well for the folks living in Eagle's Bluff and other similar neighborhoods. My husband and I ruled out communities with club houses and steep monthly fees when we were looking for a home about three years ago - we had seen the trouble with that sort of community when my parents moved to Hot Springs Village a few years ago and so we were skeptical of that whole situation. One of my mottoes in life is "Never unnecessarily limit your options," and I felt that moving to a country club community was limiting my options in a sense because of the incessant monthly fees. I'm not saying that these fees don't often pay for nice amenities, I'm just saying we decided that any local community with such fees was just too costly. After all, we can still become members of most local country clubs without actually moving to a particular neighborhood.
The Houston area is like that. Almost everything has an HOA with fees involved, on top of city taxes. The fees only go UP, and who knows how much? They're not regulated. On top of that are assessments to pay for special things, like refurbishing the pool area. If the reserve acct is used for that, the homeowners are faced with a hike in the HOA amount to build the reserve acct back up. And all of that is for amenities that I wouldn't use.

The HOAs also dictate a lot of things. Even if what you want to do is well within the guidelines, it can still be a hassle and take extra time to do drawings and submit for approval to the board, like putting in a new fence, moving part of the fence, putting in a storage shed.

HOAs can be good for the area in certain ways, but the expense adds up over the years, and it can be frustrating not being able to do certain things with your own property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
View detailed profiles of: