Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2006, 09:53 PM

437 posts, read 2,238,265 times

Advertisements

Any of you know anything about Trout Texas and surrounding areas? How is the weather there and is it a small town? House prices fair there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2006, 09:34 PM

I guess I won't be going to Troup. I heard some pretty bad stuff about it being a druggy town. Can't handle that. We have our own here.

I can't believe the cops were the one's arrested for doing the drugs.

Old 08-03-2006, 06:30 AM

3,264 posts, read 5,627,850 times
I was close to there these past few days Bound. I don't think you're gonna get away from drugs anywhere. I didn't hear about the law enforcement issue in Troup (It is out of my local news area). I did like Tyler which is right close to Troup. Only thing affecting me going there was the pay scale for RN's. I did find realestate a little higher there than my areas further south. Also they are apparently in a drought there (welcome to Texas in the summer). Temps were around 97-100 the 4 days I was there with Wed. a bit lower as it was only about 90 at 12:30 when we left. Plenty of rain further south in my area.....I was a bit surprised by the local drought but it is further from the Gulf coastal shower belt......we had 1.5 inches while we were there according to my guage.

I thought Tyler was clean ....we went as far west as Athens to the Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center. I could really notice the vegetation changing.....even the further north we went but definitely the further west. Trees were smaller and there was just less growth. Interesting to see.

Bob

Old 08-03-2006, 09:50 AM

I know there are drugs in every State I just want enough land that I won't be right next door to them like I am here. These people live in $500,000 homes. I must be doing something wrong. grrrrrrrrrr

Old 08-04-2006, 11:56 AM

4 posts, read 19,011 times
I was there for the first time this last Spring. My wife and I went to the Four Winds Renaissance Faire which runs every spring. It is a smalllish faire, as those go, but the performers were very enthusiastic. I gather they own the land they are on.

We went because they have competitive/non-choreographed jousting!

The town itself seemed pleasant enough. I live in the Houston area and have stay my share of times in high-crime areas. I didn't get those vibes at all. The scenery reminded me of my high school days in East Texas.

Tyler is very close and sufficiently large for any city amenities. A few minutes out of Troup and you are alone in the woods. Give it a whirl.

Old 08-04-2006, 03:16 PM

Well, thank you for that. They do have some nice houses there so maybe I should poo poo it just yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler