Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you like to live here?
Yes, Tyler is beautiful city full of potential! 82 38.68%
No, its a boring retirement town full of old people & no nightlife. 95 44.81%
Maybe, I would have to see more of it... 39 18.40%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 212. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 09:08 PM

343 posts, read 804,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
Need to do far more than drive through...
I have. I have stayed there on various occasions. Just not my ideal place. Still a nice town though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2011, 09:31 PM

1,449 posts, read 2,352,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
im moving to tyler at the end of the month or early next month and dont drive at all. i will be working in a facility in troup highway and i need to know if there's public transportation within a 5 mile radius of that area, and if the transit system starts at 5:30 am since i need to be in the facility at 7am. i really need help with this. thanks!

and the bus route doesnt seem to be especially efficient or commuter friendly. if i live a mile away from the facility, there seems to be no bus route that will take me there within an hour. wow...

Old 10-12-2011, 09:36 PM

1,518 posts, read 3,055,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
and the bus route doesnt seem to be especially efficient or commuter friendly. if i live a mile away from the facility, there seems to be no bus route that will take me there within an hour. wow...
Tyler might as well have no public transit. Why you would move there when you don't drive is beyond me. Your best bet is to get a bicycle and get in shape.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshi View Post
Tyler might as well have no public transit. Why you would move there when you don't drive is beyond me. Your best bet is to get a bicycle and get in shape.
i have no control over immigration issues that require me to move to such small towns. i have my bicycle but i cant bike when it's winter. i freeze even at 50 degree temps.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:16 PM

is there anyone working at 3131 troup highway and willing to take me in as a tenant? im really serious about this.

Old 10-15-2011, 01:03 AM

12,498 posts, read 26,979,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshi View Post
Tyler has decent PT for a city this size.

You should try it out sometime.

We got all new routes & stops set up recently.

Old 10-15-2011, 09:31 AM

1,632 posts, read 483,202 times
A Texan, but I've only visited it once a few years ago. The city's one of the fastest growing for it's size in Texas, it's going to do nothing but grow. I would live there.

Old 10-16-2011, 10:00 PM

1,518 posts, read 3,055,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Tyler has decent PT for a city this size.

You should try it out sometime.

We got all new routes & stops set up recently.
I won't disagree with you as I don't know of a similarly-sized city with better public transit, but it still sucks. I've checked the routes and schedules since the changes a few months ago and I'd say it's comparable to Longview. Where I lived, if I wanted to go shopping on the north loop, I'd have to take two buses and each one ran every hour, so that's up to two hours spent just sitting at the bus stop each way.

Tyler's buses also run every hour last I checked except the red line which runs twice an hour. If your origin and destination both lie on the red line and the weather is nice, it might be reasonable. Otherwise, you're gonna need a car.

Old 10-20-2011, 02:03 PM

checked out tyler for 2.5 days and it's frustrating the the buses wont even pass the rehab hospital where i will be working. what kind of transpo system is that? anyways, im trying to get a gas scooter to get me around. i guess tyler will be more liveable than midland or beaumont, as coworkers who were/have been assigned to work there have attested. i hope that catholic church attached to a school and currently being built will start holding services in a month or so.

Old 11-12-2011, 07:16 PM

it's sad that even though i would be moving to tyler, i would get paid only as much as i get paid in austin considering that anyone who moves to austin generally tend to get a paycut and that working in outlying towns tend to net you better pay. if i had my way, i'd rather stay in austin...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler