Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 01:43 PM

86 posts, read 481,919 times

Advertisements

I am looking for the grimiest hoods in PR! Post your pics/ stories/ list of the best places to get shot, stabbed or smoked out! I want the most violent projects, the busiest crack alleys, and all your where-NOT-to-gos!!

I will be documenting all of this research, and promise to share it with you all!

Many thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 07:50 AM

58 posts, read 138,883 times
Are you from PR? If not that may not be a great idea.

Old 08-19-2010, 12:52 PM

238 posts, read 1,071,530 times
Do you ask this question in all the forums?

Old 08-21-2010, 04:00 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,870,575 times
What is the purpose of your research and how will you be documenting it?

A reminder to anyone who might want to post pictures here. Regarding copyright issues - the terms of service state that you cannot post materials here that you do not own or have permission to use.

But...something tells me this won't be a problem!

Old 08-21-2010, 05:46 PM

17 posts, read 46,773 times
Maybe these 2 Wiki articles might help you:

Public housing in Puerto Rico - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Residencial Las Casas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-22-2010, 07:46 PM

56 posts, read 153,127 times
Just walk inside any public housing projects with a camera and see what will happen, ahahaha, you will get so robbed/beat up/possibly killed so fast. If you are suicidal then go ahead. Take a picture of a drug deal in progress and ignore the fac tthat there are about 3 murders a day in PR.

Old 08-22-2010, 09:45 PM

238 posts, read 1,071,530 times
that's an exaggeration, more like 2

Old 08-23-2010, 11:29 AM

1,554 posts, read 3,034,218 times
I've only been on La Isla twice but I am fixing to move there. Since I take it you are a gringo, I will give you the perspective I've observed (as a gringo). The majority of projects are safe, honestly, especially in most of the rural areas. P.R. seems to be abundant in housing projects.. but thats okay because a lot of them are fine. There a few in San Juan, such as the infamours Luis Llorens Torres, whose residents seem to be villified by the media and la policia. I hear Mayaguez has some projects away from the main streets that are pretty wild. La Perla is this kinda beautiful slum right on the waterfront in Old San Juan, if a white guy who didn't know much Spanish went down there he might just be sold drugs, and that would be it. And on the way out the cops could easily bust you because you stand out.. but then again the people down there have been pissed off at the outside for a long time (poverty sucks) so you might not make it out. And the cops won't care because there's no way you had "good intentions" going down there. So if you go there with a camera and an arrogant attitude, it might be bad for you. I know Filpino dudes who spoke no Spanish and strolled through La Perla fine, then again they blended in more. You just never know.

Old 08-23-2010, 02:38 PM

355 posts, read 1,047,150 times
I don't know why you would like that info, but you can walk into Manuel A. Perez, Jardines de Sellez, or Llorens Torens projects and you might not come out alive. Specially at night. My bro' is a municipal cop and he tells me some wacky stories man. You won't see me going there at night. Also, some areas in Rio Piedras are pretty scketchy and even dangerous.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:34 AM

56 posts, read 153,127 times
it may sound sick, but i like the crime and violence because it creates a mutual respect for everyone you dont know and they respect you cause no one knows who is a murderer or criminal and who is not. and its not like the states where obviously a white guy is definetly not going to shoot you, here theres no give away whatsoever in terms of appearance on whos packin heat and ready to shoot. so theres a lot more respect here to one another than in the states, a lot more. get it? anyone feel the same? no one messes with anyone, and if they do, its rare and limited. in the states i notices a lot of stuff going around the ppl here would never ever put up with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories