Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 08:24 AM

49 posts, read 241,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunpup View Post
Banking here is much like in the states with same deposit insurance.
I use both Banco Popular and Regions, and neither one has ever charged me any fees let alone "foreign" fees. Same US dollar.
I looked into Regions Bank. The website says the ATM fee would be $2.50 unless using a Regions ATM. Since they don't have branches in PR, I doubt they have ATM's in PR. How are you able to avoid the $2.50 ATM fee?

http://www.regions.com/virtualDocume...g-Schedule.pdf

Internet,24-HourBankingandConvenienceServicesFees
(All feesareperitemunlessotherwiseindicated.)
RegionsATM:
Withdrawal ..........................................$0.00
BalanceInquiry.................................... ...$0.00
Transfer.......................................... ...$0.00
Mini Statements(availableatselectATMs)................. ..$2.00

OtherBankATM:
Withdrawal ..........................................$2.50
BalanceInquiry.................................... ...$2.50
Transfer.......................................... ...$2.50
Withdrawal AttemptAgainstInsufficientFunds................$2. 50
International ATMTransaction............................$5.00
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2014, 11:08 AM

529 posts, read 1,086,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunpup View Post
Ignorance of the world around oneself is more common in countries with large populations within large land masses.
It is for this reason that we see greater awareness (and consequently intellect) in Europe where most nation states are small.
That does not mean that the human propensity to be ethnocentric, exclusive, chauvinistic, and elitist does not apply. The smaller European nations have for over a thousand years been fighting horrible bloody wars against each other. More war and destruction there than perhaps any place on earth.
Large nations have a tendency to turn inward and care little about other peoples or nations. Some large nations like the US are by nature warlike and aggressive. Others like Brasil and China, only sometimes.
Political leaders capitalise on the very human nature to feel special. I cringe when I hear Obama continually harping about the so-called special exclusive status of the US. It is a ploy to keep the masses subservient to the rulers' whims.
Little nations or islands (as in our case) have more open attitudes about the rest of humanity, because we are not isolated. Even so, we still have a good part of the population that remains disinterested in much of the world.
As I said earlier, getting educated and aware is more available than not. Few care about this and remain in a closed environment.

Bravo SunPup I guess not everyone lives in a bubble.

Old 06-25-2014, 03:23 PM

132 posts, read 237,283 times
Clip, I never use a Regions atm card in PR, only my Banco Popular atm.
To remove money from Regions I write Regions cheques and cash them at BP.
Visa-versa works in reverse.
I never pay any fees.
One has to be careful dealing with banks anywhere to avoid charges.

Old 06-29-2014, 01:02 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,274,303 times
When we first bought our house in PR, we did set up a bank account first with Western Bank but then it became Banco Popular. We then realized that we weren't really in PR all that much to need a bank account. (Only there a couple months out of the year.) If we need cash, we just use our ATM card from our bank here in the states. Yeah, it cost $3 to do that so we usually take out the max at a time rather then just $20 here or $20 there. Most of the time when we are down there, we use either cash or credit card. If per chance we would need a check for anything, we will give my sister-in-law the $$$ & she will write the check for us since she has an account there.

Cat

Old 07-01-2014, 11:28 AM

49 posts, read 241,118 times
Are there any banks in PR that offer a signup bonus, say $50-100, for a new customer, or a refer a friend promo? In the states many have such offers.

Old 07-08-2014, 04:47 PM

5 posts, read 8,022 times
Thanks for all the info folks, this helps me decide my next trip to guam.

Old 11-19-2014, 10:23 AM

1 posts, read 1,267 times
I"m also looking for a bank in USA/ that do business in PR. I had Popular but they close my account because I didn't have any activity in 3 months. I went to FirstBank it seems like they are same company but when I went to bank to inquired about PR/USA relationship she said "computers can't talk to each other"
I can't believe its so hard to find a bank that can do business here in USA and in PR. It's easier to find a USA bank in Dubai or Bangladesh than in a freaking USA territory.

Old 11-20-2014, 07:00 AM

4,696 posts, read 7,890,053 times
This bank:

Citibank Puerto Rico Locations

Old 11-24-2014, 10:46 AM

16 posts, read 19,236 times
Is there no Bank of America?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories