Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2015, 05:49 AM

1 posts, read 968 times

Advertisements

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]I have a good computer job that allows me to work from home,even if I make that home Puerto Rico. I have been planning this from some timeand I’m a week away from leaving; now the nerves are setting in. There a few question I have struggled to findan answer. I’m shipping my car there,can I drive it for 30 days on my existing plates or do I have to register itbefore I can drive? I know PR makes youbuy a poor version of auto insurance, but I have tried to call 6 places to getadditional insurance and finding anyone to do this has been hard, any recommendationswho I should use? [/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2015, 06:16 PM

87 posts, read 147,800 times
You have to register it first, but you have 30 days to get a PR drivers license.
I have my private ins through Universal http://www.universalpr.com

Old 03-02-2015, 07:43 AM

10 posts, read 12,383 times
Personal experience, and just my opinion. How much do you love your car? I too had the nerves before coming here. I started to ship my beloved Tacoma here, but found out how much the shipping cost, the hassle and then they will hit you for hundreds if not thousands at the unload port. Then there is the registration, title and insurance hassle. and thus I sold my Tacoma in Texas, then bought a car here. It was immeasurably easier. All the paperwork in one place. It was a Toyoya Yaris, just to get around. I'll get a tacoma here later. There are plenty of new cars for sale here, believe me.
Just a personal side note. Every car on this tiny Island has been imported in, I'm told 3 million. and the idea of me bringing in another one , well, thats one reason they hammer you with "import fees".
They say if every car on the Island hit the road at once, they coud not move.
But I hope you fare well here. I admire your computer skill, for sure...I sincerely love this Island and especially the people. They have been so kind to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories