Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is the federal response to PR equal to the response to any US state affected by hurricanes?
Yes 41 38.68%
No 65 61.32%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 12:28 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,957,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineac View Post
Yeah, really there trumpeteer. My post was at around 8 this morning. The giant orange facist just waived the Jones Act about 4 hours or so ago. The nbc article you cite is less than twenty minutes ago. After getting reamed by everyone around him, he had to do something. He doesn't even know what the Jones Act is.

You were saying, honey? Baffled by lies much? Following the leader too closely?
Not a Trump supporter by any means, but it was waived 5am eastern this morning.

Additionally, I have a friend in the Navy. Boats were there trailing the hurricane, they literally had to rebuild the port, it no longer existed. This is first hand information.

Planes cannot land or take off because of the condition of the runway. This wasn't like Texas or Florida where good meaning Americans can pickup and drive there.

Boats were also sitting waiting to get unloaded because there is nobody to unload and distribute supplies.

The people of Puerto Rico are good people. It is an abomination this has turned into a political thing when it really shouldn't be.

Old 09-28-2017, 12:56 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Yeah, really there trumpeteer. My post was at around 8 this morning. The giant orange facist just waived the Jones Act about 4 hours or so ago. The nbc article you cite is less than twenty minutes ago. After getting reamed by everyone around him, he had to do something. He doesn't even know what the Jones Act is.

You were saying, honey? Baffled by lies much? Following the leader too closely?
Oh my God why can't you just admit you are wrong? Regardless to this mornings post, your last thread on this topic where you said it wasn't opened up for PR was this afternoon EST, well after the white house waived the Jones Act.
I mean, there is no argument here for you to stand on, no debate here....I know you are angry and embarrassed, but you were simply wrong! Embrace it and move on.

And again as has been REPEATEDLY stated, delivery of aid is not the issue. Distribution within the island is.

Old 09-28-2017, 01:51 PM

1,453 posts, read 2,203,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajonesaz View Post
Not a Trump supporter by any means, but it was waived 5am eastern this morning.

Additionally, I have a friend in the Navy. Boats were there trailing the hurricane, they literally had to rebuild the port, it no longer existed. This is first hand information.

Planes cannot land or take off because of the condition of the runway. This wasn't like Texas or Florida where good meaning Americans can pickup and drive there.

Boats were also sitting waiting to get unloaded because there is nobody to unload and distribute supplies.

The people of Puerto Rico are good people. It is an abomination this has turned into a political thing when it really shouldn't be.
Ah, then we were BOTH wrong. LOL!

Old 09-28-2017, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjkj View Post
Bush never said that. You have a political agenda. Please stop making things up to fit your agenda.
I was on Vieques in 2003. Roosevelt Roads was closed and the Navy picked up its marbles and left because Viequenese did not want the crap blown out of their island for "fun" any longer. Oh, and the navy "missed" and blew a civilian observer out of a tower with a rocket. It was understood that closing Rosy Roads was purely a political slap against those that didn't want the island bombed any longer. Were even born then?

Old 09-28-2017, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Oh my God why can't you just admit you are wrong? Regardless to this mornings post, your last thread on this topic where you said it wasn't opened up for PR was this afternoon EST, well after the white house waived the Jones Act.
I mean, there is no argument here for you to stand on, no debate here....I know you are angry and embarrassed, but you were simply wrong! Embrace it and move on.

And again as has been REPEATEDLY stated, delivery of aid is not the issue. Distribution within the island is.
Goosestep a little higher. You guys will destroy America. I'm not angry, just disgusted. I'm not going to debate any further about WHEN when it was DENIED in the beginning, especially with a parrot.

Old 09-28-2017, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Goosestep a little higher. You guys will destroy America. I'm not angry, just disgusted. I'm not going to debate any further about WHEN when it was DENIED in the beginning, especially with a parrot.
LOL, yeah...how can you possibly debate this any further, nothing for you left to debate, it's clear you are wrong. I mean you are being attacked left and right here.
Just try saying this to yourself: "I was wrrooonnnnnggg", come on, give it a little try, it's not too tough. There is no shame, I mean I don't agree with your politics and don't think you should be bringing it here in this thread but that is beside the point, you made a mistake. Man up and own it.

Old 09-28-2017, 02:47 PM

Quote:
I don't know what his problem is. He sounds very full of himself though.
Well he or she has an agenda, and sadly it has nothing to do with concern with the welfare of the good people in Puerto Rico.
That and some people just cannot accept that they are wrong.

Old 09-28-2017, 05:45 PM

2,481 posts, read 2,235,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajonesaz View Post

This...the Toddlers here trying to upstage each other need to stop their juvenile hissy fits.

Old 09-28-2017, 06:27 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,068,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Jones Act has been lifted so you are incorrect. Anyways lifting the "Jones Act" is irrelevant, it's a red herring. Aid is piling up at the PR docks just waiting to be distributed. The problem is getting it distributed internally.

Since most of your post is directed at Trump-hate it's clear you are focused on an agenda that is unrelated to Puerto Rico, and thus your rant can be dismissed.
That is correct:

Quote:
In Puerto Rico, Containers Full Of Goods Sit Undistributed At Ports : The Two-Way : NPR

... at the port in San Juan, row after row of refrigerated shipping containers sit humming. They've been there for days, goods locked away inside.

Diesel is short. Drivers are scarce. And authorities say some roads are still impassable...

Crowley says it has more than 3,000 containers there now. That's just one shipping company, at one port. Several other ports are accepting shipments and stranded crates total an estimated 10,000.

"This is food, this is water, this is medicine," says Vice President Jose Ayala, who notes a barge a day has arrived since the port opened on Saturday. "It has reached Puerto Rico. The problem is we can't get it on the shelves."
Puerto Rico can't provide enough truck drivers !?!?!?

http://media.npr.org/assets/img/2017...-s1300-c85.jpg

Last edited by CptnRn; 09-28-2017 at 06:40 PM..

Old 09-28-2017, 06:40 PM

3,146 posts, read 4,105,784 times
Quote:
It's not political because Trump has done everything in his power to help. But the US media is trying to make him look bad.
Please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories