U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2018, 11:01 PM

4 posts, read 1,598 times

Advertisements

My daughter and family are moving to Dorado, P.R. I'd like to live in the mountains but not too far away, maybe half and hour at the most. I want to be available for my two grandsons.

I'm thinking of renting a small apartment, probably up in the mountains for two reasons: cost and because I want to be in a relaxed area and get to know the rural folk.

I'm 76, in good health, and speak Spanish.

I'm going there in a few weeks for a week to look around, so any suggestions would be great.

Anyone up for chatting about this?

Lanny AT lcotler.com
707-367-1812
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2018, 07:47 AM

2,487 posts, read 1,271,175 times
Larry, just a caveat, I have family near Dorado in Vega Baja and they still have no electric power since huracán Maria.

Old 01-13-2018, 07:49 PM

Default Answer-Grandsons

As I said, I'm retired and want to be near my daughter and two grandsons. They're moving to P.R. because my son-in-law just took a job there. A well-paying job.

I don't want to live with them in gated Dorado. I want to get to know the Puerto Ricans. I know they're suffering, esp. because of the recent hurricanes.

I've lived in rural Spain and Mexico. I don't need comforts.

Your questions are logical, but they don't resonate with me. So, if you have any info on how I might find a rural village not too far away from Dorado, I'd appreciate knowing.

Thanks,

Lanny

Old 01-13-2018, 07:50 PM

I'm aware of the difficulties the hurricanes have caused. Still, I want to be near my grandchildren.

Old 01-14-2018, 07:02 AM

2,487 posts, read 1,271,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny Cotler View Post
I'm aware of the difficulties the hurricanes have caused. Still, I want to be near my grandchildren.
Lanny, wish you the best of luck...I admire your spirit..I sent you a Direct message.

Old 01-14-2018, 08:27 AM

94 posts, read 39,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny Cotler View Post
OK. Just be aware that PR was already in huge trouble before the hurricane--See the date on my article. Getting good medical care is a problem, even in the Metro Area. If you have the cash to fly out of PR for medical treatment it could work though. You may be able to get better medical care in the Dom. Republic.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/...n-dire-n783776

Last edited by MissLoudmouth; 01-14-2018 at 08:35 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories