U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 08:40 PM

5,097 posts, read 1,457,239 times

Advertisements

they should stay right there in Orlando. Similar weather to PR, plenty of work
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2018, 09:20 AM

518 posts, read 266,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLoudmouth View Post
I agree with you but...

I posted a link about opportunities in South Dakota for them. Instead of people here thanking me for that link, I was told here by one poster that it was too cold for them there in South Dakota and they had to be in Florida. And another poster said everything is hunky dory in Florida because they are putting up lots of new buildings and they should all go there.
I guess you sometimes have to make that sacrifice. It will be negative 8 degrees F on Saturday up there. OMG I am from Florida and have traveled to Canada but have never experienced that Temp before. I am sure there are jobs in more moderate climates in the USA.

Old 02-05-2018, 09:11 AM

22,706 posts, read 21,760,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjairo191 View Post
I guess you sometimes have to make that sacrifice. It will be negative 8 degrees F on Saturday up there. OMG I am from Florida and have traveled to Canada but have never experienced that Temp before. I am sure there are jobs in more moderate climates in the USA.
I have, and I didn't like it---and I grew up in PA!

Old 02-08-2018, 06:34 PM

241 posts, read 120,300 times
Default Plenty Of Work In Orlando

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
they should stay right there in Orlando. Similar weather to PR, plenty of work

I am with you skeddy. They should stay in Orlando, with their own people, who speak both languages, and can direct them better. Especially, when many of them are older people, women with small children, and no husbands to help them, and the disabled. Read below, please.

Orlando ranks 7th in U.S. for economic growth - Orlando Sentinel

Old 02-14-2018, 09:54 AM

94 posts, read 39,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasmineBasmati View Post
I am with you skeddy. They should stay in Orlando, with their own people, who speak both languages, and can direct them better. Especially, when many of them are older people, women with small children, and no husbands to help them, and the disabled. Read below, please.

Orlando ranks 7th in U.S. for economic growth - Orlando Sentinel
And that's fine. But if come expect to live on welfare or FEMA, or even bring more crime, turn back around head the other direction.

Old 02-15-2018, 03:32 PM

981 posts, read 492,150 times
They should venture further north to the welfare states like NY where they'll be sure to get more benefits than in FL. Upstate NY in particular has a Puerto Rican presence already and could use the population.

Old 02-15-2018, 03:48 PM

Quote:
And that's fine. But if come expect to live on welfare or FEMA, or even bring more crime, turn back around head the other direction.
Nobody in my family has ever been on welfare. And not one of my friends. And yes, for women and children without a father, they can apply until they can get on their own two feet. We are AMERICAN CITIZENS and if we can help other countries like VENEZUELA, and MOSLEM countries to come into this country and apply for benefits, AMERICAN CITIZENS should come first.

Now that VENEZUELA is in turmoil, expect most of the country also to come to Florida. Already, Columbia is trying to close them out of their country. And Guatemala, is having a civil war.

My advise to you, MOVE OUT, if you do not welcome them here.

Old 02-15-2018, 03:58 PM

Quote:

What makes you think that all Puerto Ricans should milk cows in South Dakota? Are you aware of the fact that myriad of P/R have big educations?

Old 02-15-2018, 05:51 PM

14,805 posts, read 16,988,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
You're suggesting people that just came off a TROPICAL and SUNNY Caribbean island to move to South Dakota? And you want them to move now, in the middle of winter?

Ooook... That's going to be a very successful scheme. Yep!

I can guarantee you that the typical Puerto Rican that moved to Orlando after Maria has complained at least once about the 'cold winter' there. Where the sunshine strong, the days are still bright, most of the trees are green, and it warms up in the middle of the day and afternoon. This complaint is a given. Now you want to take those people from Orlando and shove them where? South Dakota? Are you serious? lol
Yea you can't really be picky about the weather when you are going through problems like this, lol.

Old 02-16-2018, 10:56 AM

1,563 posts, read 942,774 times
Quote:
I agree with you but...

I posted a link about opportunities in South Dakota for them. Instead of people here thanking me for that link, I was told here by one poster that it was too cold for them there in South Dakota and they had to be in Florida. And another poster said everything is hunky dory in Florida because they are putting up lots of new buildings and they should all go there.
thank you!!!!!!!! You are fantastica!Going to SD! Dont listen to them they don't know anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or