U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 12:39 PM

345 posts, read 565,540 times

Advertisements

Very little can be consealed anymore, most especially conspiracies and secrets involving govt etc.. If this was sabotage I would expect it to be public knowledge by now. I expect it was equipment failure or a combination of equipment and the ever variable human factor we call error. Every year fires like this occur in similar facilities across the USA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2018, 02:15 PM

20,344 posts, read 20,441,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLoudmouth View Post
Puerto Rico generates power from fuel (gasoline). So it's likely someone set the gas on fire--by accident or by real.
or by real? huh

Old 02-20-2018, 06:23 PM

241 posts, read 120,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLoudmouth View Post
Wow. That one little sentence just says so much about PR.

And people ask me why I won't go down there.
If I were able, I would, without hesitation, tell you were to go. Too bad, I am prevented from doing so.

Everything you have been doing here is TRYING TO DEMEAN Puerto Ricans. But, you know what, I hold a PHD, and speak three languages, you can try all you want. And in that very-small and beautiful ISLAND, there many, many more just like me.

Old 02-23-2018, 12:00 PM

2,487 posts, read 1,272,895 times
Just found out that my relatives in Vega Baja FINALLY got electrical power yesterday morning.

Old 03-01-2018, 04:56 PM

410 posts, read 108,326 times
San Juan mayor used hurricane for political gain, storm-ravaged residents say | Fox News
San Juan mayor used hurricane for political gain
storm-ravaged residents say

Old 03-01-2018, 05:23 PM

9,079 posts, read 3,064,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICANRICAN View Post
San Juan mayor used hurricane for political gain, storm-ravaged residents say | Fox News
San Juan mayor used hurricane for political gain
storm-ravaged residents say

"Never let a crisis go to waste"

we already knew this.....when she paid 4 photographers $12,000 to follow her around to take pictures and she goes in the flood black waters when she has professionals for that and that's not her job, most knew she was doing this for political and grandstanding and photo-ops but many fell for the scam.

I would say this for any politician that does this......Many public servants in Puerto Rico and private citizens did wonderful things but they didn't pay $12,000 to photographers to take pictures and put it on twitter and in public for political gain and photo ops.

What is wrong with this picture? .......she knew those houses were empty and it was safe to walk on those muddy waters for her photo-ops ......you don't just walk in those waters and in people's houses if you don't know if it's safe. You have power lines loose and all kinds of hazards that any people who are not professionals wouldn't do that......unless the professionals told her that area is safe to be swimming in and walking like it was like nothing.....you tell me.

http://a57.foxnews.com/images.foxnew....jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Last edited by Hellion1999; 03-01-2018 at 05:37 PM..

Old 04-18-2018, 10:54 AM

10,334 posts, read 7,244,131 times
More than 1.4 million lost power in islandwide black out

https://ctpost.com/news/world/articl...s-12844489.php

Old 04-18-2018, 12:42 PM

21 posts, read 21,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
More than 1.4 million lost power in islandwide black out

https://ctpost.com/news/world/articl...s-12844489.php
Enclosed is a similar story from the local press in PR (quoted below from El Nuevo Dia). Apparently the cause was a power line damaged during excavation work.

Un apagón afectó hoy a toda la isla tras reportarse una avería en la línea 50700 del sistema de la Autoridad de Energía Eléctrica (AEE). Tras el incidente, el subdirector de las AEE, Justo González, informó que la avería fue causada mientras una compañía privada estaba removiendo una torre colapsada y, con una excavadora, impactó la línea.

Según González, la compañía responsable del apagón fue Dgrimm, empresa que está subcontratada por Cobra Energy. Esta compañía es la misma que provocó también la semana pasada una avería que afectó al centro y norte de la isla.

Cobra Energy es una de las empresas norteamericanas que tiene presencia en la isla tras el paso del huracán María para restablecer el sistema energético.

"Esto es inaceptable", dijo el subdirector de la agencia.

González afirmó en una conferencia de prensa que Cobra Energy "va a desmovilizar en este preciso momento" a la empresa.

La línea afectada discurre desde la Central Aguirre, en Salinas, hasta la planta AES en Guayama.

Según el funcionario, el tiempo estimado de recuperación es de 24 a 36 horas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or