Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 08:47 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,266,686 times

Advertisements

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/039e78e...ocumented.html

this is a big problem that the American media and in Puerto Rico hardly covers. Puerto Rico in 2009/2010 had to change the birth certificates and the government stamp logo on all birth certificates of all Puerto Ricans alive that were born in the island because the old ones were invalid because they got compromised and sold by the thousands to illegals in the states.

Anyone who has been a victim of identity theft knows the hell one has to go through to fix your credit and name that affects your taxes, jobs, and credit once you find out the crime and how long it takes to fix it.

Illegals coming Latin America countries like identifications from Puerto Ricans because they blend in better because most Puerto Ricans have Spanish names instead of Anglo names like John Smith or Hillary Johnson which will raise red flags quick. Also, they like Puerto Ricans on the island because most of them don't file federal taxes and it doesn't show in the system in other states.

My friend's identity in Puerto Rico was used in California to file taxes federal and state and get all kinds of tax credits like the earned income credit (federal and state) and to use his information to get services like power and gas and cell phone services.....he didn't found out about it until he got a letter from the I.R.S. telling him he owes them $7,500 plus interest. I guess the person using his information in California committed earned income credit tax fraud by putting bogus children when the tax returns were audited (even the children's information were stolen) and the I.R.S. wants their money back and the criminals were long gone. He also got collection letters from cell companies and power service in California.........it was a big mess for him, it took him over a year and lots of phone calls and signed affidavits and for him to prove he never lived in California.

Anybody that says illegal immigration is a non-serious offense is full of it until it happens to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2018, 10:28 AM

The sad thing that illegals use stolen identities to obtain driver's licenses and register to vote. In California, they have millions of them.

and the worst thing of all, you have a political party in the U.S. that wants to protect them and built sanctuary cities to shield them from federal law enforcement.

They believe identity theft and lying on government applications to get benefits is not a serious offense for automatic deportation. These are foreign nationals in our country breaking our laws.

Old 07-28-2018, 11:01 AM

10,056 posts, read 14,929,390 times
I wonder if they are investigating who from the inside sold all those ID information.

This kind of reminds me when Daniel Capsula escaped from a PR high security prison and illegally entered the DR via a small boat. There he established himself as a drug dealer, made millions until it was made public by Dominican media. He and his girlfriend fled back to PR via a small boat and “hid” in Condado while Dominican police was searching for him in the DR. I put hid in quotes because he was living a normal life in Condado, was even spotted eating in fancy restaurants and shopping with his girlfriend at fancy stores.

Anyway, eventually PR police got involved in the search and they caught him. He’s back in jail.

The question remains: How is it possible to escape from a high security prison?

We all know the answer. Someone from the inside let him out on promise they were going to receive big bucks in cash.

Who is selling PR identity info to illegal immigrants?

Old 07-28-2018, 11:27 AM

it's hard to get to the source unless you have informants and a task force just for that.

Imagine who has your social security information and dob and info. Banks, cell phone companies (anybody that pulls your credit for service and credit. They have your info in their data system permanently) schools and universities in Puerto Rico have access to social security numbers and birth certificates in their database of all the students in the public school systems. Private schools also have their own database. Employers and former employers also have your info. Government agencies in P.R. have that info. All you need is access to the database. Somebody in admin that has access or somebody in the workplace that has the login and password to get to the database.

Unless all the stolen identities are coming from 1 source or institution like the birth certificates in Puerto Rico that were compromised in 2009/2010 it's hard to get to the source. Unless somebody talks (informants) or the criminals get busted for doing the same thing over and over and they start ratting each other out for plea deals.

When you have over 20 million illegals in this country, this will always be a problem and Puerto Ricans info is top priority for them because of the Spanish names that they blend in without raising red flags for them.

the person in California that stole my friend's info from Puerto Rico was even registered to vote in California (Los Angeles) and that's because my friend investigated where else they used his information in California, he didn't check for other states........the government in California doesn't give a cr@p. That's not a priority for them, they have sanctuary cities to protect them for God's sake,,,,,they give more importance to illegals than U.S. Citizens.

Old 07-28-2018, 04:01 PM

5,948 posts, read 2,870,440 times
Do away with ICE and no more problems..

Old 07-28-2018, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
Do away with ICE and no more problems..
LOL.....that's the democrat party recipe to win elections and be in power. Open the border up, build sanctuary cities and give them driver's licenses in democrat control cities and let them vote in our elections. For Democrats, identity theft and lying on government forms to get benefits and voting is not a serious offense for deportation. It's a harmless crime.

Old 07-28-2018, 10:48 PM

22,448 posts, read 11,972,828 times
I'm so glad that you are bringing up this subject. Many times I've mentioned it in the "illegal immigration" forum. It bears repeating again.

My Dad, who passed away recently, never did obtain a new copy of his birth certificate. Looking at his birth certificate, I realized that had he needed to show it again for a valid reason, it would have been worthless to him. I pointed that out to him and he said that he doubted he would ever have a reason to have to show it. It turned out that he was right. Still, if he did need to show it---what a hassle it would have been for him to obtain a new copy.

Old 07-29-2018, 09:23 AM

4,927 posts, read 5,310,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
LOL.....that's the democrat party recipe to win elections and be in power. Open the border up, build sanctuary cities and give them driver's licenses in democrat control cities and let them vote in our elections. For Democrats, identity theft and lying on government forms to get benefits and voting is not a serious offense for deportation.It's a harmless crime.
Exactly...until it's not!

Old 07-30-2018, 06:07 AM

10,227 posts, read 16,811,894 times
while identity theft is a serious crime, 110 cases is hardly a pervasive problem and sessions appears to simply be using it as a propaganda tool to get people worked up about illegal immigration in general. I'm glad to see the federal government doing its job (catching fraud) and hppefully they also take fraud by american citizens seriously as well.
Quote:
Investigators then discovered more than 110 cases of people with the same name and same Social Security number, he said.
people also use fake SS numbers simply to work.

Quote:
Last year, 2.7 million people in the United States reported being victims of identity theft, according to the Federal Trade Commission.
https://northsidesun.com/news-breaki....FoKVl30B.dpbs

Old 07-30-2018, 09:11 AM

American Citizens doing fraud is our problem, they are from this country. What we don't need are illegals that are not supposed to be here in the first place doing fraud and other crimes costing the taxpayers more money.

Why would you need a fake SS number or stolen one to work if you are a U.S. Citizen or here legally to work? that proves that illegal immigration is a problem that brings wages down and causes all kinds of problems to the taxpayers.

When the government of Puerto Rico has to change the birth certificates and the stamp of every Puerto Rican born in the island in 2009/2010 because it was compromised and were being sold in the states to illegals (because there is a huge market for that) I hardly call that a small problem. That hardly got any press by the American media.

Identity theft is like most crimes....most don't get reported. The Federal Trade Commission is not a law enforcement agency. They only take reports for stats for the government. Most local police departments don't put a priority on that because they don't have the manpower for that and they have other priorities and identity theft is not on top of their list (not when they have a high murder, rape, assaults, thefts and other high crime rates).....the FBI won't investigate a federal crime unless the amount is above $50,000 and their priorities are not I.D. theft or social security theft unless its on a very high scale and the amount is high.

Go try and call your local police department and tell them your i.d. has been stolen.....some won't even take the report and the ones that do, they just file it in their database and give you a report number that is worthless.

Last edited by Hellion1999; 07-30-2018 at 09:20 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories