Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 08:35 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,260,626 times

Advertisements

This thread is truly disgusting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2018, 11:18 PM

66 posts, read 41,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
that's not true...... water, in and of itself, does not go bad, the plastic bottle it is contained in does "expire," and will eventually start leaching chemicals into the water. FDA says the water will still be safe to consume and while bottled water manufacturers are permitted to put expiration dates on their labels, these dates are meant to be indicators of quality, not safety.

if you need water to drink for survival you drink tap water if you have to. People can't get picky when they are in need about free stuff.....even if you don't want to drink it from the bottle, you can boil it and use it to cook or washing or bathing....you don't throw those cases of water away.

you think people in Africa and in 3rd world countries who live in real poverty are going to reject those cases of water because it smells a little funny? compared to the dirty and contaminated water that kills them all the time that they are used for decades, this is a huge upgrade.

nobody is going to die from that water in Puerto Rico. You drink it to survive.....or you boil it and use it to cook and bathing...........what do they want Fiji water bottles for free.

Its been out there a year in the hot sun, if they were going to drink it they would have used it by now.

Old 09-13-2018, 12:21 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,268,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot ho View Post
Its been out there a year in the hot sun, if they were going to drink it they would have used it by now.

I don't know all the details why it was out there for a year, that's another matter.

hot sun doesn't make the bottled water unhealthy to drink or "bad". I have water stored for years in my patio storage and I live in the desert. I'm prepared for 6 months and could easily expand it for 12 months or longer if I have to.

Water does not expire. It can become contaminated (chemically or biologically), but it doesn’t “go bad.” Water can have a stale taste, but that taste can be eliminated by rotating your water and purifying it. They also have tablets for it ,.....for the people that go outdoors a lot and travel.

Old 09-13-2018, 08:26 AM
miu miu started this thread

17,769 posts, read 40,161,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va83 View Post
This thread is truly disgusting
How so???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories