U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories
 [Register]
U.S. Territories Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 09:16 PM

4,230 posts, read 4,192,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Honestly, the VI continues to recover from Hurricane Irma and Maria and we are currently in transition, as we have a new Governor. We hope it does well for the territory. It just hasnít been the biggest topic since election just passed.
We hope so too. Obviously the venture capital group behind the reopening of the refinery is in it for the money. But when my husband was asked to come be part of the project, the prospect of being involved in something that will bring lots of jobs to the island was a big factor in our decision. I am actually taking him to the airport in a couple hours for him to move there. I'll join him in two weeks. This will be the biggest adventure of our lives!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 02:51 PM

1 posts
Kayanne,

I'm friends with a couple that recently purchased a house in Christiansted and will be moving there next month. They're hopeful the refinery will add to the local economy. I will be going down to survey my opportunities to move there as well. I look forward to hearing more about your experiences on the ground once you're there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > U.S. Territories